Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ft101
I'm no expert, but the Qatar Source seemed to show only the six A380s have F. It then showed these currently go to London, Paris, Guangzhou, Bangkok and Sydney(?). Someone else might know future plans.
You are correct no F class other than the cities you mentionned at present
Old Sep 17, 2016, 1:49 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by tasnam
OK I read through this thread, but could not find and answer and did a few searches.....

I want to go east coast (+/-) in First class to DOH (Prefer BOS, JFK could do other cities)....I want to experience their first class product....but BA.com and Qatar website only shows Biz Class.....which (if any) cities do they flew a first class cabin?
QR only offer F on their A380s, and currently have no plans to fly the planes to the US.

Furthermore, BOS cannot yet support A380s - although I appreciate they are building A380 gates at present.

M
Old Sep 17, 2016, 5:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Thank you everyone. And only the A380 has a bar upstairs as well...?
Old Sep 17, 2016, 6:47 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Thank you everyone. And only the A380 has a bar upstairs as well...?
The A380 is the only aircraft to have a bar 'upstairs' - as it's the only aircraft in the QR commercial fleet to actually have a second level of seating.

The A350 and 787s have a bar area, but it not as pronounced as on the A380.

M
Old Sep 17, 2016, 6:49 am

Thank you
Old Sep 17, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
If you are planning on booking an award flight then it's also worth noting that the LHR A380s never release award F space.

http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...em_qmiles.page
Old Sep 17, 2016, 11:29 am

Thanks for the reply.

BA.com is showing LHR-DOH in Mid April in first class as open.....now it could be "Phantom availability" as I have not actually tried to book it.....
Old Sep 17, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the reply.

BA.com is showing LHR-DOH in Mid April in first class as open.....now it could be "Phantom availability" as I have not actually tried to book it.....
Which dates are you looking at?

On BA.com I can only see F awards available LHR-DOH on BA operated flights - not QR... Plenty of J availability on QR, but I can't see any F at all.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 12:12 pm

You are correct.....Wow there was First class last night at 11:30PM EST as that is why I entered my question....I didn't realize the demand and limited availability.....now just showing from CDG-DOH
Old Sep 18, 2016, 2:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Booking different return flight

Hello, applogies if this comes through twice, I wrote a post yesterday but now cannot see it anywhere (maybe I didn't press send correctly!). Anyhow I booked a LHR-DOH-CMB-DOH-LHR trip in Eco. I see BA award availability in Busieness on the BAEC website for the DOH-LHR, but on a different service to that of my original booking (i.e. I would have some additional time at DOH). When I arrive at CMB for my return journey, will they let me check my bags through to London via the CMB-DOH sector of the original booking, and the DOH-LHR booking I am (hopefully) about to make? Or is it not possible to pick and choose which sectors I travel on from different bookings? Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by sinclulu; Sep 18, 2016 at 2:41 am
Old Sep 18, 2016, 5:25 am

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
sinclulu

Most airports would get very nervous if you had 2 boarding passes/bookings departing from an airport within a short time of each other (in your case DOH-LHR sector). I would be inclined not to book a reward sector DOH-LHR and hope that firstly your bags would make it through on the right flight, and secondly that no-one minded you only fulfilling half your booking, and travelling onward on a separate one. I believe that would cause you an incredible amount of problems.

I would suggest phoning QR and seeing if there is anything they can do to allow this, but it will have to be above board - certainly not two DOH-LHR segments. Alternately will the BAEC let you upgrade your QR segment from DOH-LHR rather than reward booking?
Old Sep 18, 2016, 6:52 am

sinclulu welcome to Flyertalk and to the QR forum. When you want to look around start with the dashboard which will lead you to many interesting topics.

QR do not check luggage in just to DOH unless it is your final destination.but to the final destination on your ticket (LHR).

From 1 June airlines are no longer required to check baggage for flights on different tickets. Although it does still happen sometimes.

So you would need to cancel your QR DOH-LHR ticket and then get the transfer desk in DOH to retrieve and re-label your luggage as you check-in there for your BA flight. If you do not cancel the flight your luggage would be loaded and when you did not show at the gate it would have to be off-loaded again causing delay to the flight and its passengers and it would strand in DOH.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
thanks @theox and @remdk, both helpful answers pointing me to the same conclusion- I am better off (unfortunately) sticking with my current (economy) flight(s). a shame as I would love the chance to try QR biz class: another time maybe! thanks very much for the swift replies!
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:31 am

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. May I immediately follow my registration with a question? I am flying CPT - DOH - AMS (QR 1370 /273) somewhere halfway november.

When I initially booked the ticket we had a departure time at CPT of 13:20 (1:20PM) and a transit time of 7 hours 50 mins. On the 13th of september I got a revised flight timings notification. Plane will now depart 30 minutes earlier (12:50) but the arrival time is still the same, so transit time is now still 7 hours 50 minutes, which is below the 8 hrs treshold for accomodation to be provided by Qatar. I would assume we would arrive also a little earlier and have a larger transit time...

Anyone has an explanation? it is still a 777-300ER. Thnx!
Old Sep 22, 2016, 6:14 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Hi All,

Trying to find award availability for Europe - Doha in late December and not seeing many options (using BA search engine). Can anyone tell me if award flights not yet showing up as several months out or maybe due to low availability due to holidays

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.