Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR First Class LHR-DOH-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Question QR First Class LHR-DOH-LHR

Hope you might have some information about some upcoming flights I booked in First Class on Qatar Airways. I've tried searching their web site to answer to my questions, as well as searching FlyerTalk, but without success. I've also read Lucky's trip reports when he flew QR F LHR-DOH-LHR, but he was on an A346 at different times of the day to me.

Currently booked LHR-DOH on QR8 in November 2012, which is on an A330-300 departing LHR at 09:40 hrs and arriving DOH at 19:20 hrs. I know I can use the new QR lounge at LHR T4. What meals will be offered? Lunch and a snack before landing?

The DOH-LHR flight is on QR5 in April 2013, which is on an A330-200 departing DOH at 01:50 hrs and arriving LHR at 07:15 hrs.

Again, what meals can I expect on this flight? Supper and breakfast? Also, should the new Doha International Airport be open by then? (Last I heard, it would open 12.12.2012.)

Many thanks for your help.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: All of the Above
We were on the DOH-LHR 1:50AM flight a couple weeks ago on the A333. We had a meal right after take-off, like a dinner, and then slept for a couple hours, and had breakfast before arriving in LHR. Are you sure you're in F and not J? It wouldn't let me book via UA into F, but we were in the row right behind F. The best J seats are in row 10, the very front row of J. It's like a section all by itself, because there's on F in front, and the galley behind, then the rest of J is behind the galley. The A side of the plane I think was more difficult to sleep that the opposite side of the plane, due to the galley, but still pretty nice. Don't hold your breath for the new DOH airport to be done by then. I think it keeps getting pushed back, but the Premium Terminal is still very nice. The bus rides just kinda stink, as do any bus rides to planes.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DavidAL
We were on the DOH-LHR 1:50AM flight a couple weeks ago on the A333. We had a meal right after take-off, like a dinner, and then slept for a couple hours, and had breakfast before arriving in LHR. Are you sure you're in F and not J?
Thanks for the info. Yes, definitely booked in F on QR85 DOH-LHR. I have booked seat 1A. It is not until April 2013 and the equipment has changed from an A333 to an A332.

Originally Posted by DavidAL
Don't hold your breath for the new DOH airport to be done by then. I think it keeps getting pushed back, but the Premium Terminal is still very nice. The bus rides just kinda stink, as do any bus rides to planes.
I thought that might be the case, tough I've not hear any official announcement of the delay.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:25 am

Programs: Privilege Club
Hi Latitudes,

According to QR flight routing and meal service for Summer 2012

QR8 : Lunch, Dinner, Afternoon tea
QR5 : Indulgence , Hot Breakfast

Best regards,
Alex @ The Qatar Airways Community
Old Sep 18, 2012, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up Thanks!

Thank you, Alex; much appreciated. I'm very much looking forward to my flights on Qatar Airways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.