Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help - Check Award availability on QR

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2012, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Help - Check Award availability on QR

Need help of someone to check if there is saver award availability (business) on the below flights - I tried searching but am not able to find. May be on KVS or Expertflyer ...

PAX - 3
Dates - July 27 to July 29
Flights - QR51 and QR77

Thanks a lot !
Old May 31, 2012, 11:42 am

You can easily check QR availability using united.com. These particular flights you are looking for are not available.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 2:21 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by isaifan
You can easily check QR availability using united.com. These particular flights you are looking for are not available.
The UA site seems to be a bit messed up now with QR flights.. I put a QR itinerary on hold awhile ago then went to ticket.. it said pending but never ticketed and eventually the QR segments disappeared from my itin!! and now they are not available. I tried booking another QR itinerary but UA site is erroring out. UA agents say they can't see QR availability.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 6:11 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by hauteboy
I tried booking another QR itinerary but UA site is erroring out. UA agents say they can't see QR availability.
Go back to the UA site and try booking the itinerary as two one-ways. Sometimes you can avoid the errors that way.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:02 pm

Award Availability

The US Mileage Plus site appears grossly inaccurate. I called UA to verify availability of a business class saver award for the below itinerary but UA said they couldn't "pull up" any Qatar flights in their computer. I then emailed Alex, who appears to be the Qatar customer service Guru on these boards, but received no reply. I then emailed using the address recommended on these boards and still no reply. I sent a 3rd email to customer service using the address on the Qatar web site and still no reply. Given this totally unresponsive attitude, I can't imagine why anyone would fly would them!

62,500 Miles
and
$30.20

11:20 a.m.
Thu., Oct. 25, 2012
Barcelona, Spain (BCN)
Arrive:
6:45 p.m.
Thu., Oct. 25, 2012
Doha, Qatar (DOH)
Flight Time:
6 hr 25 mn
Flight: QR66
Operated by Qatar Airways.
Aircraft: Airbus A330-300
Meal: Meal
No Special Meal Offered.
See On-Time Performance
Change Planes. Connect time in Doha, Qatar (DOH) is 12 hours 15 minutes.
Depart:
7:00 a.m.
Fri., Oct. 26, 2012
Doha, Qatar (DOH)
Arrive:
7:50 p.m.
Fri., Oct. 26, 2012
Singapore, Singapore (SIN)
Flight Time:
7 hr 50 mn

Travel Time:
26 hr 30 mn
Flight: QR640
Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER
No Special Meal Offered.
See On-Time Performance
Old Aug 10, 2012, 9:22 pm

Programs: Privilege Club
Originally Posted by doublebzz
The US Mileage Plus site appears grossly inaccurate. I called UA to verify availability of a business class saver award for the below itinerary but UA said they couldn't "pull up" any Qatar flights in their computer. I then emailed Alex, who appears to be the Qatar customer service Guru on these boards, but received no reply. I then emailed using the address recommended on these boards and still no reply. I sent a 3rd email to customer service using the address on the Qatar web site and still no reply. Given this totally unresponsive attitude, I can't imagine why anyone would fly would them!

62,500 Miles
and
$30.20

11:20 a.m.
Thu., Oct. 25, 2012
Barcelona, Spain (BCN)
Arrive:
6:45 p.m.
Thu., Oct. 25, 2012
Doha, Qatar (DOH)
Flight Time:
6 hr 25 mn
Flight: QR66
Aircraft: Airbus A330-300
No Special Meal Offered.
See On-Time Performance
Change Planes. Connect time in Doha, Qatar (DOH) is 12 hours 15 minutes.
Depart:
7:00 a.m.
Fri., Oct. 26, 2012
Doha, Qatar (DOH)
Arrive:
7:50 p.m.
Fri., Oct. 26, 2012
Singapore, Singapore (SIN)
Flight Time:
7 hr 50 mn

Travel Time:
26 hr 30 mn
Flight: QR640
Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER
No Special Meal Offered.
See On-Time Performance
Hi Doublebzz,

Sorry for the delayed respond.

Kindly be informed that as of now 10.22HRS LCT, seat for your requested flight is avaialble for the redemption

25th October 2012 BCN-SIN
TH 25OCT 0000

QR 066 BCN 1 DOH 1120 1845 E0/333
QR 640 DOH SIN 3 0700+1 1950+1E0/77W
Total flight time : 26:30
Transit time : 12HR 15MIN

Best regards,
Alex @ The Qatar Airways Community
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:08 am

Since UA has ended their partnership with Qatar, what is the best way now to check award availability? Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:20 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Alex,
Since the UA website doesn't show QR First ever being available, but you've mentioned that you haven't closed off availability to it, can UA agents do a "long sell"?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:25 pm

Any update on how I can check Qatar award availability online?

I tried to check it on the Qatar site with no results. I have a Qatar account with 0 miles for a few year, when I try to check I just get kicked back to the screen to enter the information on the flights I want to search... I can never get any results... maybe it is because of 0 miles in my account.

Is there any other way to search?

Thanks
Ron
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, SPG gold, PC Plat, CC gold
What is the best way to check Qatar award availabilty? Planning to transfer AMEX points to ANA and use them for Qatar awards. Routing is IAH-DOH-HYD.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:54 pm

I got no response to my query.
I assume there may be no easy way to check, other than asking somebody with enough Qmiles to check for you.
Or call ANA and ask them to check. (That's what I finally did.) I was disappointed that there were almost no seats available for miles. Looks like a difficult program to redeem seats.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by lewinr
I got no response to my query.
I assume there may be no easy way to check, other than asking somebody with enough Qmiles to check for you.
Or call ANA and ask them to check. (That's what I finally did.) I was disappointed that there were almost no seats available for miles. Looks like a difficult program to redeem seats.
Just curious. What class and time frame were you checking? Thought using ANA account would be the best way to get me to SEZ on QR but now I am not sure.
Old May 3, 2013, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by texmanufan
Just curious. What class and time frame were you checking? Thought using ANA account would be the best way to get me to SEZ on QR but now I am not sure.
I'm looking at the same thing...did you ever find any answers? Were you able to find a way to search QR? I even have ExpertFlyer but QR not on there.
Old May 3, 2013, 6:40 pm

Programs: EB Diamond - QR Gold - FB Silver
If you post exact route, cabin class and dates maybe I can check for you. I just spent almost all my miles, so I can't go all the way and give you taxes and fees, but I can still see availability it seems...
Old May 4, 2013, 6:50 am

Programs: QR Silver
I can also check for you using QR's own award booking tool. I do also believe I have enough to go all the way and check fees etc. You can also send me a PM if you don't want to reveal your dates etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.