Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Airways DOH-IAH

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2012, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Qatar Airways DOH-IAH

I am a frequent QA traveller most of the time I have good experience but recently I flew with my family from Doha to Houston, First of all they mixed our seats and assigned our seats to somebody else. second on the whole 16 hours flights they offered only 2 meals one after takeoff and other 4 hours before landing between that time we felt very hungry. Airline staff was not responsive and not helpful. overall I had a cheaper option of buying Emirates but did not buy because of connection at Dubai but I think even Qatar Airways has expensive tickets their service is going down day by day. No more Qatar Airways for me a big lesson learned.
Old May 6, 2012, 2:03 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
As this is not a TR I will move it on to the Qatar Airways Privilege Club forum.

Moomba
Moderator: Trip Reports
Old May 6, 2012, 7:03 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
I have always found QA very good IN THE AIR and they really come into their own in Business Class. Never flown the Houston route, so cannot comment. On their BKK route in economy I have always enjoyed the first meal and always given the sandwich wrap a miss. On your flight Qatar Airways do indeed need to consider providing another very light meal due to the amount of extra hours you have to spend onboard that aircraft.

I was also a regular flyer on QA, but due to being almost bumped off a flight in January and having continual problems with the way they scramble their seats 12 hours before departure I have decided to jump ship and give Emirates a try. Emirates have status matched our Silver Membership, but unlike Qatar Airways that gives you lounge access at all destinations you only get lounge access in Dubai with Emirates. Hump!! On the plus side Emirates mile accelerator program is good, hence if you do a four leg business class trip it is enough to give you a business class seat for one leg on a future economy flight.

I am not sure about Emirates in the air, heard a lot of negative press recently due to their seats in business and economy having an extra seat in each row. Emirates A380 business seat is also very narrow so I don't know if I am looking forward to that either.

I may of course be making a mistake with Emirates, but unless Qatar Airways improve their seat allocation system, revamp their poor Manage a Booking service and start to provide a better level of customer service in Doha I won't be returning for a while.
Old May 6, 2012, 9:01 am

Rashid,

Both Emirates and Qatar Airways have a similar quantity and frequency of meals on the DOH/DXB-IAH sector in Economy. In business class Qatar Airways allows you to dine at your convenience and allows you to choose anything from the menu at any time (you can have 3 or 4 meals if you wish) while on Emirates they only offer 2 set meals in Business Class, one after take off and one close to landing plus a snack in the middle meaning if you sleep through dinner or breakfast you miss out on your meal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.