Search

Lounge access policies

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2012, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Silver
Lounge access policies

Hi all.

Just made PC Silver and have a few flights left this year (should make Gold by end of December) with my wife and son (3 years old) between JNB and OSL and have a few questions as per the title of this thread.

What are the exact access policies of QR in OSL, JNB and DOH? I'm thinking of my 2 lounge credits per year and where to best use them. First of all, we are travelling in Y, will I have access to the lounge in OSL? Will they charge one of my credits to my son if we all enter the lounge in DOH? The same goes for the lounge in JNB, will I have access and will they credit my son?

Just noticed that NDIA will not open until 2013, what a bummer as I just made a booking OSL-DOH-PVG for me and the wife on 13.12 as I thought it would open on 12.12. Oh well, what can you do?

Cheers,
Old Sep 2, 2012, 3:25 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SAA340
What are the exact access policies of QR in OSL, JNB and DOH? I'm thinking of my 2 lounge credits per year and where to best use them. First of all, we are travelling in Y, will I have access to the lounge in OSL? Will they charge one of my credits to my son if we all enter the lounge in DOH? The same goes for the lounge in JNB, will I have access and will they credit my son?
Hi SAA

The Silver lounge policy is fairly clear; you have 2 guest passes a year for inviting others into the Silver lounge in DOH ONLY, in theory this includes your Son. However, given his age, in practise I'd be very surprised if this actually happened, there's not normally a problem with young children.

In OSL & JNB it might get a little difficult. According to the rule book only the Silver member is allowed access to the lounge & Guest passes are not applicable. Getting your wife & Son in there with you will very much depend on the attitude of the Lounge staff when you turn up. If they play it by the rules you may struggle. It may be worth talking to the check-in staff as they're the one's who normally issue the Lounge invites.

Here's the link...

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...ub-silver.page
Old Sep 2, 2012, 10:45 am

I have never had any problems getting my 4 year old, 2 yr old, and infant into both the silver and gold lounges in doh. I also had no issues getting into the Qatar air lounge in IAH or phuket.

I honestly never considered using my lounge credits for my children as I expect them to be able to access the lounge with me. Maybe this is a bad assumption on my part but if Qatar air decided I must use my lounge credits for my kids to access the lounges then I would strongly consider taking my business elsewhere.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies guys!
When I think of it I entered both the Shongololo Lounge and Oryx Lounge in JOburg and Doha (Diners Club) without paying for my son, so I assume they will not charge him when I am Silver and/or Gold.

I also do think kids should go in for free, all he does is eat a little bit, play on the iPad and we shower and get him ready for the next flight.

But ja, I'll try to be extra friendly with the check-in agents next time, and hopefully we'll all get lounge invitations.

Cheers,
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:08 pm

There's nothing in the silver lounge anyway and sometimes it's more crowded than outside. I particularly like it when a plane is delayed and they let all of the pax into the silver lounge whilst they wait.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zipfish
There's nothing in the silver lounge anyway and sometimes it's more crowded than outside. I particularly like it when a plane is delayed and they let all of the pax into the silver lounge whilst they wait.
Haha, never experienced it but it must be absolutely wonderful ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.