Qatar Airways to Defer A380 Deliveries

Old Apr 30, 2012, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Qatar Airways to Defer A380 Deliveries

Qatar Airways Chief Executive Akbar al Baker, speaking at a Dubai travel show, today announced that Qatar Airways will defer delivery of its five A380s due next year until wing root crack issues have been sorted.

“Qatar Airways will have to defer scheduled deliveries of its A380s from October 2013 until we have a clear position on the issue surrounding wing cracks which are under process of modification by Airbus.”
Old May 1, 2012, 4:00 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
Hmm, interesting, I wonder if that's the real reason. But at any rate, if it is, then good for him. Not that it's particularly serious now that it's been noticed, but good to know anyway.

Of course, this does not necessarily mean delivery delays, if they come up with a fix soon (assuming this is the real reason Al Baker has delayed the deliveries)...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.