Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Can I get Premium Terminal Access?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Can I get Premium Terminal Access?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2013, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Accessing the PT

So I'm going RUH-DOH-EZE in J in a few weeks. A dumb question - how do I physically access the PT in between my two flights? My layover is only 1:40 or so - do I have time? How close will my inbound/outbound flights be to the terminal?

TIA for the advice.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 5:47 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Stepping off the plane, they will "push" you onto the premium terminal bus. There really is no way of missing the terminal, they will take you there.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by intuition
Stepping off the plane, they will "push" you onto the premium terminal bus. There really is no way of missing the terminal, they will take you there.
Thanks - after I posted, I went and read a few articles about the experience (should have done that first, doh) and realized that I guess every gate at DOH is a bus gate, and that basically determines where you go.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:18 pm

Programs: QR Gold, EK, Accor, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Delta
Originally Posted by intuition
Stepping off the plane, they will "push" you onto the premium terminal bus.
and sometimes, the PT bus will go to the arrivals terminal first. Usually when I have a short connection time.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 5:00 am

And so the oneworld press release confirms that OWE/OWS ≠ Premium Terminal access:

oneworld Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby cardholders departing from Doha on other oneworld member airlines or flying Economy Class on Qatar Airways will be able to receive the privileges and benefits to which they are entitled - access to premium check-in facilities, lounges, etc., as appropriate - at Doha's main passenger terminal. Facilities at Qatar Airways' Premium Passenger Terminal at its Doha hub will continue to be accessible only by customers holding First Class or Business Class tickets on Qatar Airways.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
And so the oneworld press release confirms that OWE/OWS ≠ Premium Terminal access:
Isn't this a violation of the longstanding oneworld policy that permits oneworld Emeralds access to First lounges?

http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-a..._auth=z05sRxfx

"Emerald tier frequent flyers can use First Class, Business Class or frequent flyer lounges."
Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:27 am

Programs: QF WP, QR GOLD, TK GOLD, EY GOLD, AF/KLM GOLD
Originally Posted by danger
Isn't this a violation of the longstanding oneworld policy that permits oneworld Emeralds access to First lounges?

"Emerald tier frequent flyers can use First Class, Business Class or frequent flyer lounges."
they will probably just build a new F lounge at the new airport if they keep using the premium terminals to get around this.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Not at all. Oneworld Emeralds have access to 2 lounges in the main terminal.

You need to be on Qatar metal flying in J or in F to be allowed access to the Premium Terminal. It is not accessible at all to any passengers - even QR's own - on the basis of status held in any programme.

Once in the terminal, the boarding pass of your onward flight determines which of two lounges you can use - again, status in any programme, even in QR's own, does not have any bearing on lounge access even once you get inside the terminal.

Consider the premium terminal as an extension of the First or Business Class cabin you are about to board. It is not accessible via status - it is only accessible by having a J or F boarding pass for a QR flight.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP

Not at all. Its just like BA restricts people from the Concorde Room at LHR unless they are holding F class BA-metal boarding passes. So QR is the same here.. you can only access their Premium Terminal lounge if you're holding Business or First class QR - metal, boarding passes.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Not at all. Its just like BA restricts people from the Concorde Room at LHR unless they are holding F class BA-metal boarding passes. So QR is the same here.. you can only access their Premium Terminal lounge if you're holding Business or First class QR - metal, boarding passes.
I'd say that's not a fair comparison, as BA offers a First Class lounge at T5 in addition to the CCR. So if you come in on AA in F and connect to a BA EU flight, you'd use the Flounge.

I don't think QR are in the wrong (after I realised they don't call the first class section of the PT a "lounge"), but I do think the Oryx lounge is a poor offering for status pax.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 8:33 am
Suspended

I have a question regarding the premium terminal. If I am on transit and have 8 hours between flight, will they allow we to use the premium terminal? I will be on QR J class and have oneworld EMD. Also do they have rooms where we can sleep? Arr is 2330 dep will be next morning 0830. If not what transit hotel options r there?
Old Nov 3, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by correctioncx
I have a question regarding the premium terminal. If I am on transit and have 8 hours between flight, will they allow we to use the premium terminal? I will be on QR J class and have oneworld EMD. Also do they have rooms where we can sleep? Arr is 2330 dep will be next morning 0830. If not what transit hotel options r there?
If you're arriving on QR and departing on QR and there was no connection option of less than 8 hours, QR will organise a hotel for you FOC.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
QR may provide a hotel, it's never a sure thing!

Sleeping rooms within the PT are available on the F side only.

Last edited by impeymac; Nov 3, 2013 at 11:56 am
Old Nov 3, 2013, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by impeymac
QR may provide a hotel, it's never a sure thing!

Sleeping rooms within the PT are available on the F side only.
They messed a colleague about with a hotel once. He went and paid for one himself and billed QR for the hotel, taxis, visa, etc. He hasn't had a problem since!

There's a "quiet room" in the j side, which is ok for a few hours. Wouldn't want to overnight in there but I would at a push.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.