Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Does middle name vs initial make a difference on the reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 2:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Gold), Marriott (Platinum), IHG (Gold), Hyatt (Gold), Avis First

I just realized that ticketing agent booked us with a middle initial and not the name. Does it matter?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
The new TSA rules state that your ticket must have your middle name if it is included on your passport or ID.
However, it is kind of discretionary and you may or may not get through anyway (probably will though).
Old Mar 14, 2012, 8:34 pm

Programs: Privilege Club
Originally Posted by designflaw
I just realized that ticketing agent booked us with a middle initial and not the name. Does it matter?
I guess there will not be any problem as long as it spells correctly as per the passport. However, could you please send your booking reference number and passport information to us at [email protected] so we can check with the departure airport. Please refer the request from FlyerTalk.

Best regards,
Alex
Qatar airways community team
http://www.qatarairways.com/sites/en...community.page
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Gold), Marriott (Platinum), IHG (Gold), Hyatt (Gold), Avis First
Thank you so much. I just sent you an email with the information!
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: Privilege Club
Originally Posted by designflaw
Thank you so much. I just sent you an email with the information!
Hi,

Thank you for your email. We will check with the relevant station about your enquiry and advice back to you as soon as possible.

should you have any other question or require further assistance, please do. Ot hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,
Alex
Qatar airways community team.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.