Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Mistake on online booking, switched first and last name

Mistake on online booking, switched first and last name

Old Apr 5, 2013, 8:06 pm

Programs: Privilege Club
Originally Posted by Joeblack73
Hi all,

I make the same mistake and also switch and my first and last name. Any contact for me to contact? As I am flying tonite and worry that I be reject at the gate..
Hi Joeblack,

no need to worry about. Just simply update your advanced passport information on the manage a booking functionality and then go to airport for check in normally.

Best regards,
Alex
Old Apr 5, 2013, 8:23 pm

Tks for the reply hwr when I login, there's only a tab to change my middle name...think the booking is closed as the flight is tonite. Is there any other way I can go ard this pro? Tks
Old Apr 5, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: Privilege Club
as long as name and surname are correctly spelled as per passport, then no need to worry. As you may know, name and surname after booking is ticketed, it cannot be changed. What the reservation agent can do is that insert the correct passport information into the booking.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 10:48 pm

Tks for the reply cheers
Old Aug 7, 2013, 10:42 am

Double Name on Qatar Ticket

Hi Guys, I have different case. My name is Kuwat Ribowo. Somebody in my office arranged for my ticket, Qatar Airways, and she put my name -->
First Name: Kuwat Ribowo
Last Name: Kuwat Ribowo
I didn't realized that until finally I access my booking via Qatar Website, and I found my name on the ticket is Kuwat Ribowo Kuwat Ribowo.
I have spoke with Reservation Qatar office in Tehran, but she said not possible to change??? Stupid thing. So, what should I do? Can somebody here help me please. My departure is 16 August 2013. I'm worry Qatar or Immigration will refuse me.

Thank you.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:03 am

Programs: LH HON, Privelege Platinum
Wrong family name booking

Hi, I booked 2 hours ago a flight for my mother but forgot that her last name is her birth name and not the name of her husband... I immediately contacted Qatar Privilege Hotline and was told they could not change it as the more than 3 letters were wrong!! Only solution: cancel the booking and rebook, loosing 550 EUR.
Do you know any solution? Isn't there any european law protecting customers who make a mistake while booking? I booked with Qatar Brussels, not Doha.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:18 pm

First name and lastname got switched

Hi Guys i recently booked my ticket in qatar airways i had entered the details correctly but still as the first name and lastname name got switched but both the names are spelt correctly as per passport.
i even tried manage booking but the first name and lastname are not editable.

​​​​​​Can someone advice
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:45 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Sandy27
Hi Guys i recently booked my ticket in qatar airways i had entered the details correctly but still as the first name and lastname name got switched but both the names are spelt correctly as per passport.
i even tried manage booking but the first name and lastname are not editable.

​​​​​​Can someone advice
99+% of the time you won't have a problem.

Provided that the name of the ticket resembles the name of the passenger there is usually no issue. Because the airline IT systems are built upon technology from years ago they are very inflexible with regard to name field and as such airlines understand this and minor typos, names being reversed or in the wrong order, punctuation missing, transliteration of non-western names causing names to be spelt differently are generally non-issues. You can Google something like 'airline ticket name misspelt' and get lots of independent confirmation.

Just to highlight how common reversed names can be, people of Chinese heritage would typically write a Chinese name as surname followed by firstnames. Therefore this issue occurs every day at check in counters.

Don't draw attention to the issue yourself whilst you are at the airport, and no one is likely to even query it.

Last edited by plunet; Apr 16, 2019 at 12:50 am
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by plunet
99+% of the time you won't have a problem.

Provided that the name of the ticket resembles the name of the passenger there is usually no issue. Because the airline IT systems are built upon technology from years ago they are very inflexible with regard to name field and as such airlines understand this and minor typos, names being reversed or in the wrong order, punctuation missing, transliteration of non-western names causing names to be spelt differently are generally non-issues. You can Google something like 'airline ticket name misspelt' and get lots of independent confirmation.

Just to highlight how common reversed names can be, people of Chinese heritage would typically write a Chinese name as surname followed by firstnames. Therefore this issue occurs every day at check in counters.

Don't draw attention to the issue yourself whilst you are at the airport, and no one is likely to even query it.
Thanks for the reply. I was reading some of other forums where passengers had to pay some charges not sure how Qatar Airways would see this issue. Can someone from Qatar Airways representative advice please .
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC
I think that is going to be a hard call for QR to give you practical advice other than to pay any fees to correct the ticket. But in reality this should totally be a non issue. The problem we get on internet forums is that many people ask this question in a panic, get the advice, but then fail to report back on their experience and if they were able to check in with a minor name mismatch.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.