Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar confirms 787 launch on LHR route; hints at new business class

Qatar confirms 787 launch on LHR route; hints at new business class

Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
Yea, I know, what's the point of a window seat without the view? Announcements regarding this unveiling have been around for about 2 years, and I was expecting Qatar to have redefined the business and economy experience with something totally unique; there is really nothing particularly special about what was unveiled today - in fact, I'm just plain disappointed!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:32 pm

How are you going to dim the windows in Business when the bottom half of the window and window electronic dimmer are completely covered?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
Apparently it will be possible from the entertainment system...
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Sorry for repeating in another thread, but admin just need to join both threads together.

I much prefer the ANA Y seat, the fact that the person in front cannot recline into you is a winner. Also prefer their 2-4-2 layout over the QR 3-3-3 layout. The Qatar 787 cabin is only 20cm's wider than the A330 and by fitting in an extra seat this is going to be tight.

In relation to the window being partially covered in business class i am pretty sure this is just an extra screen that you can pull up if you wish. If you look at the mock up in Berlin the plastic is shaped to take into account of the window. Maybe I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that the cover is only an extra to allow you to pull it up whilst using your laptop. I am sure this picture was taken in the hanger and is the way the unit is assembled before people start playing around with the gadgets on board.

Another concern is will the 777 now be revamped with these new economy seats that will then allow for 10 abreast. I think they may decide to move in this direction especially on the so called tourist routes.

Last edited by lightyear40; Mar 7, 2012 at 4:57 pm
Old Mar 11, 2012, 5:14 pm

SeatGuru Facebook page has new 787 seat photos!

They've posted detailed photos - they're looking good!

www.facebook.com/seatguru
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:13 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
The J seat looks significantly more cramped than the current 777 J seat, both at the shoulders and at the feet. I like the privacy and direct aisle access (I have flown similar on DL and CX) but it appears to offer a less comfortable sleeping experience. They are an improvement over the angled A333 seats, but I hope they don't put them in the 777.
Old May 16, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: silver skywards
787 coming on sunday

^ News received is that Qatar are going to bring their 787 in on Sunday and Monday! Flight numbers when it is in are below
- Sunday QTR041/042
- Monday QTR045/046

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.