Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by ThWilmesi
I made the experience with the upgrade with F Class from DOH-FRA it went through 48 hours before despite the fact there were no sold seats until that time, meaning i tried to get the upgrade for more than two months in advance. So I would guess if 48 hours before they are still 6 seats to be sold you may have a good chance to get an upgrade - it is better to a mileage upgrade than an operational upgrade - at least it allows the airline to decrease their mileage obligation for which they have to accruals in accounting.

My impression is that with QR you only will get the upgrade approx, 48 hours before which is ridiculous. They actually could install a program like it exists in the US with UA for their domestic flights tha upgrades clear a certain time before automatically based on status and availability within their rules. This would be a nice enhancement.

With your general statement i totally agree - i was lucky that i live 5 minutes away from Paragon in Singapore and also they open up at 9 am so i am a bit flexible with my working hours so i could go there. But I will one more time write a long email to customer service of privilege club to address all my concerns and really start putting more pressure - i know that i will get again a non-descriptive utterly stupid answer like the last times - but it will be read somewhere else i am sure. We have to keep bombarding.

I am responsible for a little bigger travel budget and i can decide within certain limits what myself and my people fly... I am currently weighing a New York flight - in March where i can fly SQ/NH/ or QR and i am not finally decided. We shall see.

But the poster here is correct first you have to correct your ground service - meaning a competent customer service 24/7 available ( at least through routing through different time zones, like other airlines do) then competent airline offices with decent opening times and competent personnel - at least here in Singapore they should be open every day right? they also have daily flights or? how stupid can you be. Or for heaven's sake install a ticketing facility on Changi Airport - oh i forgot this is contracted personnel. But I can tell you QR is not the only one who faults on this, i have had my issues with SQ - once i wanted to upgrade on the spot from FRA to SIN from C--> F and pay for the upgrade around 3000 SGD and i could not - the station manager would have loved selling me a ticket - but not possible, only the downtown office can do this and you have to do this 48 hours in advance in order that the correct fare can be calculated... well if you can allow yourself to fly empty suit yourself!!!!!

But back to QR i can only point to the situation in germany - the airline office of QR is in Berlin, no credit card facility selling over the phone....but on top their main base in Germany is in FRA and no airline office or ticketing facility is in FRA you must be kidding me, how stupid can you be. You cannot expect the people to call 24 hours to Doha, which is not good in matter of time differences as well as another poster has pointed out calling to Doha as it is in general to the middle east is bloody expensive... but then QR is too cheap to install a toll-free number at least not for their top status customers. And the least goes on and on... and the Gold status way to easy to achieve - and this dilutes the benefits ( the few which exist - The gold status is good for people who fly economy, but what does it do for business customers? not much right? and i could rumble on and on......

Don't even know if I will have the chance for an op up. I'm thinking the system still shows me as Silver, as that was what I experienced the last time. Only DOH system showed my new status, all outstations showed me as burgundy more than a month after I hit Silver.

Actually now that I check EF again, think its no chance for an op up.

C1 J0 D0 Z0 Y9 B9 L9 M9 Q9 K9 U8 H8 E8 V0 W0

No Biz seats available, and Y is wide open
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: Privilege Club
Originally Posted by lsed
Don't even know if I will have the chance for an op up. I'm thinking the system still shows me as Silver, as that was what I experienced the last time. Only DOH system showed my new status, all outstations showed me as burgundy more than a month after I hit Silver.

The amadeus system for checking the membership status is not immediately synchronized like inDoha.

It appears that the RBD mentioned above does not show the RBD for the redemtion.

Please advice your prefered of travel and routing so that i can check seat availability for you.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: QR Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Aside from calling the Doha Privilege Club office, the only other way of checking the availabililty of upgrades is by logging online at qmiles.com and checking whether there are any available Business Class seats on redemption for the mentioned segments. I forget what the booking class is for but I'm thinking its "N."
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by expatQRyamie
Aside from calling the Doha Privilege Club office, the only other way of checking the availabililty of upgrades is by logging online at qmiles.com and checking whether there are any available Business Class seats on redemption for the mentioned segments. I forget what the booking class is for but I'm thinking its "N."
Booking class for ticket redemption is

X for economy class
i for business class
O for first class.

N is for standby ticket.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by AlexCM
The amadeus system for checking the membership status is not immediately synchronized like inDoha.

It appears that the RBD mentioned above does not show the RBD for the redemtion.

Please advice your prefered of travel and routing so that i can check seat availability for you.

Am looking to upgrade SIN - DOH QR 641 20th Jan

qmiles website shows double miles for that specific date and there is still availability for award booking.

Thanks for the help
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:30 pm

Am looking to upgrade SIN - DOH QR 641 20th Jan

qmiles website shows double miles for that specific date and there is still availability for award booking.

Thanks for the help
there is no seat available for ticket redemption on 20th Jan both QR639 and QR641 but available on 21Jan on Qr641 both economy ( X ) and business ( I )

seat availability update 07/01/2012 09.30 BKK Time.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:39 pm

Is the detailed availability information that you quote publicly available, or restricted to those in the trade?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nuff Said
Is the detailed availability information that you quote publicly available, or restricted to those in the trade?

Its taken from Expert Flyer. You'll need a paid subscription but it's not expensive. Really useful for tracking loads and award availability, setting alerts when they become available - though award availability does not work for QR

Meanwhile, anyone know about upgrading using qmiles on the spot at DOH airport?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlexCM
there is no seat available for ticket redemption on 20th Jan both QR639 and QR641 but available on 21Jan on Qr641 both economy ( X ) and business ( I )

seat availability update 07/01/2012 09.30 BKK Time.

Thanks Alex,
Just wondering, what system were you using to check this?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 5:01 am

Thanks Alex,
Just wondering, what system were you using to check this?
Amadeus reservation system for my airlines.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:20 pm

Its taken from Expert Flyer. You'll need a paid subscription but it's not expensive. Really useful for tracking loads and award availability, setting alerts when they become available - though award availability does not work for QR

Meanwhile, anyone know about upgrading using qmiles on the spot at DOH airport?
Thanks for the info. I'll check the site out.

Update. Just signed up for a 5 day free trial. It looks like a very interesting site, with a mine of information.

Last edited by Nuff Said; Jan 7, 2012 at 4:51 pm Reason: Additional paragrapgh.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 4:35 am

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by Nuff Said
Thanks for the info. I'll check the site out.

Update. Just signed up for a 5 day free trial. It looks like a very interesting site, with a mine of information.
I personally prefer KVS tool.... it is a bit more personal and offers a good app for your mobile phone....
Old Jan 14, 2012, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by ThWilmesi
I personally prefer KVS tool.... it is a bit more personal and offers a good app for your mobile phone....
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. But I'm not into mobile phone applications, so that isn't a factor for me.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Ok so Im praying to the upgrade gods right now

my flight SIN - DOH is in 74 hours

EF shows: C0 J0 D0 Z0 Y3 B2 L0 M0 Q0 K0 U0 H0 E0 V0 W0

What do you think my chances of getting an op up are?
Business cabin still has about 11 seats unallocated and 4 blocked off in row 1.

Anyone knows how many Golds are there generally on SIN - DOH flights?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:21 pm

Ok so Im praying to the upgrade gods right now

my flight SIN - DOH is in 74 hours

EF shows: C0 J0 D0 Z0 Y3 B2 L0 M0 Q0 K0 U0 H0 E0 V0 W0

What do you think my chances of getting an op up are?
Business cabin still has about 11 seats unallocated and 4 blocked off in row 1.

Anyone knows how many Golds are there generally on SIN - DOH flights?
The seat maps don't mean much, as some passengers don't reserve, ask for their preference at check-in, and hope for the best. On a recent flight that I took, the seat map was still showing numerous unreserved seats on QR's site and Check My Trip until 36 hours departure, from when it is no longer viewable. However, it was oversubscribed in economy, and had been closed to new bookings in that cabin about two weeks before the actual flight date.

Looks like biz is fully booked on your flight, but still a handful of economy seats available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.