FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Stopover in Qatar - does Qatar Airways offer a Hotel? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1277959-stopover-qatar-does-qatar-airways-offer-hotel.html)

flyerhormones Nov 8, 2011 11:58 pm

Stopover in Qatar - does Qatar Airways offer a Hotel?

I just booked a Qatar Airways flight and my stopover is 14 hours (overnight) in Doha. Does Qatar provide accommodation for such situations? Their website says it does and to contact the local office but it's impossible to get through..and no email is provided for support. Any tips?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum...

cbn42 Nov 9, 2011 12:21 am

I just checked their website and there is an e-mail listed under customer care relations: [email protected]

But I would first try calling one of the 4 offices they have in the US. If one doesn't work, did you try the others?

flyerhormones Nov 9, 2011 12:40 am

Missed out a detail: I'm from Singapore

SirJman Nov 9, 2011 4:49 am

In my only experience in that situation, no, they didn't.

Y-class, 13 hour daytime transit. I ended up paying for a visa and leaving the airport

clacko Nov 9, 2011 5:35 am

what cabin?

Ocn Vw 1K Nov 9, 2011 9:22 am

This is a good case to invite the readers of the Qatar Airways forum to help and I'll move this thread to the dedicated airline forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.

impeymac Nov 9, 2011 10:42 am

Originally Posted by flyerhormones (Post 17417386)
I just booked a Qatar Airways flight and my stopover is 14 hours (overnight) in Doha. Does Qatar provide accommodation for such situations?

http://support.qatarairways.com/entr...-hours-in-doha

lightyear40 Nov 9, 2011 11:05 am

Once again another confused customer. Why did Qatar decide to remove the box that informed a person when buying a ticket whether they were entitled to accommodation or not? We have heard from the Qatar Community guy that gave us an explanation that Qatar are still updating their website in relation to a customer's accommodation entitlement. However in retrospect this is not rocket science and it would not take a competent programmer very long to attach that kind of information to their site. I know some people will argue that it is a lot easier to just contact an agent, but in many countries travel agents are few and far between. Furthermore I like my independance and prefer to use the web to book my tickets. It looks like another phone call to the Qatar office for you mate, at your expense of course, I am affraid. Lets just hope you don't end up with a big telephone bill at the end of the day.

flyerhormones Nov 10, 2011 3:35 am

Economy class.

I guess I'd rather pay for a hotel than stay in the small airport, but now the issue is whether I need to get a visa? And if I do does it take long and how much $ would I have to shell for it.

flyerhormones Nov 10, 2011 3:36 am

I called up the local office again for the second day in a row, and no one picked up. I'm not sure if it's better this way or be rerouted to a call center (which happened with emirates a few months ago but yet was unable to answer my question...)

Mr.Niels Nov 10, 2011 10:15 am

Here is the link for the STPC:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...mmodation.page

flyerhormones Nov 10, 2011 9:57 pm

Thanks everyone. I managed to call through this morning. The advice was to go down to Qatar local office 72 hours before my flight to make a booking for the hotel. Costs SGD125, which is ok, but I'm a bit curious why it has to wait til 72 hours prior to flight.

lightyear40 Nov 11, 2011 2:27 am

Originally Posted by flyerhormones (Post 17429931)
Thanks everyone. I managed to call through this morning. The advice was to go down to Qatar local office 72 hours before my flight to make a booking for the hotel. Costs SGD125, which is ok, but I'm a bit curious why it has to wait til 72 hours prior to flight.

I would still go armed with the web page site that states:

With exception to only a few cities, you are eligible to a transit hotel accommodation in Qatar, if you meet the following criteria:
•are travelling with Qatar Airways,*
•have a transit time of between 8 and 24 hours at Doha International Airport,
•there are no other Qatar Airways flights with immediate connection (for the required date).

In relation to the type and level of airfare that you pay will govern whether you receive the service free of charge (complimentary) or for a fee (paid) if it is not in their terms and conditions of your flight details agrue that accommodation must be provided unless otherwise stated. I would speak to a legal adviser about the terms before you go, because Qatar have to apply the law from the country you are flying from.
Good luck.

In relation to the 72 hour rule that is a new one on me, maybe they are getting confused with seat allocation. I think the whole company needs a real big shake up/uniformed training, because it seems at times their right arm does not know what their left arm is doing.

flyerhormones Dec 8, 2011 1:32 am

Update on the transit hotel reservation

Qatar Airways doesn't fail to give me grief!

This morning, I went to the downtown Qatar office to make my hotel reservation. It's Thursday today, and my flight is at 9pm on Saturday. Well within 72 hours prior to flight, right?

No...the lady said I was supposed to go down 72 hours before the flight. That would have been last night at 9pm - office closed.

No problem she says, "just can't give you an instant confirmation". (Ok great, why tell me there was an issue in the first place?)

So all is settled, except they are keeping the hotel name a secret - "won't know until you reach the transit hotel desk". I think I won't know until I reach the hotel.

Mystery! Adventure.

I haven't done this before, not sure if it's a common practice.

Fan2502 Dec 8, 2011 11:22 am

Originally Posted by lightyear40 (Post 17430605)
I think the whole company needs a real big shake up/uniformed training, because it seems at times their right arm does not know what their left arm is doing.

Wellllllll said!