Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR during Ramadan: Any service reduction?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Service is back to normal now. Sitting in the Oryx lounge sipping a Heineken. Its a pity there is no beer.
I have never seen the lounge so full at this time of the day. Lots of arabic familys with children. Unfortunately the children are not so well behaved

Last edited by sturejan; Aug 9, 2013 at 2:57 pm Reason: smilies
Old Aug 12, 2013, 7:05 pm

Programs: QR Silver
That is often the case in Oryx, with it being both pay-in and access for all other Gold card and C travellers with other carriers. Looking forward to a dedicated lounge at Hamad International whenever it opens ;-)

Have a safe and good trip Sturejan!!
Old Aug 18, 2013, 8:43 am

Programs: Mileage Plus (PLATINUM); Qatar Privilege Club (PLATINUM)
For next time/next year and beyond

Well, now Ramadan is over, this information comes late for 2013. For Ramadan 2014 I can assure you that the champagne happily bubbles and flows on board the non-Gulf destinations. I know! I did DOH ORD and DOH GVA and DOH KTM, and there were no restrictions.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I flew DOH-CAI in F today. No alcohol was served at any point during the flight.

Ramadan goes until 27 July this year. I'm flying DOH-ORD that very day and I'm one who enjoys a good drink when flying, particularly long-haul.

Does this mean 27 July is the last day of Ramadan or the first day of non-Ramadan? If it's still Ramadan, is the fact the flight is heading to the US (rather than a country where Ramadan is inherently part of the culture) mean alcohol would be served, post-departure?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by danger
I flew DOH-CAI in F today. No alcohol was served at any point during the flight.

Ramadan goes until 27 July this year. I'm flying DOH-ORD that very day and I'm one who enjoys a good drink when flying, particularly long-haul.

Does this mean 27 July is the last day of Ramadan or the first day of non-Ramadan? If it's still Ramadan, is the fact the flight is heading to the US (rather than a country where Ramadan is inherently part of the culture) mean alcohol would be served, post-departure?
You'll be OK. Alcohol is cut on the "regional" services during ramadan: and "regional" includes Cairo. Long haul services are as normal in terms of cabin service.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by danger

As IAN-UK said, you should be fine as long as you're not on an intra-Gulf route. The only thing that may differ is that they probably won't serve pre-departure champagne on the ground - but the service should be normal once you're in the air. You're probably already aware, but no alcohol will be served in the airport lounges during Ramadan.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Last week DOH-BRU Champagne was served pre departure, booze was pre poured in the Galley.

Last edited by jaguarpig; Jul 11, 2014 at 4:28 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 10, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.

It was also on DOH-SGN.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 5:26 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jaguarpig
Last week DOH-BRU Champane was served pre departure, booze was pre poured in the Galley.
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
It was also on DOH-SGN.
Thanks - good to know
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:38 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Ramadan 2016 will roughly be from 6th June to 5th July. Just an FYI
Old Mar 10, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
I assume nothing has changed on this front? I'm flying DXB-DOH-BKK on 10 June in F (both legs). There will not be any alcohol in the Al Safwa lounge? Flights are in the evening if it matters.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 3:56 pm

Longhornmaniac8 no alcohol on the DXB-DOH flight either. Everything else as normal, including food.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.