Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:01 pm

Programs: QR PC, BA EC, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by aphro
I'm flying J. At check in I was given a voucher for the Plaza Premium lounge in the main terminal.
Yes, you do get access to Plaza Premium First at KUL, which is less crowded than the usual PPL and with apron view, but it's in the main terminal rather than satellite where most international flights would depart from. With the aerotrain down, it also takes longer to get there, so using a OW lounge at satellite building would make more sense and any OW J passenger should have access to that lounge.
aphro likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 3:26 pm

Vienna

QR flight, admitted to Vienna lounge before passport control. It’s very lovely, open space and nice beverages.
aphro likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 11:48 pm

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by jongesander
Qatar J pax can use the Garuda Lounge.
I wonder what contract they have signed with GA, the plaza premium lounge is much nicer big downgrade to the GA lounge
Old Apr 16, 2024, 1:42 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Originally Posted by dave31
When I last flew out of Clark (Philippines) back in May, the designated lounge was not in use as it was still being completed at the new airport terminal. Qatar were using a roped off area with the very barest of amenities and minimal food and drink (no glasses even!) Cn anyone tell me if the 'proper' lounge has now been completed as I am due to fly from Clark again next month?
Still using the roped off area as of April 13th. This is laughingly called the PAGSS 'lounge.' These are the same people who operate some comically bad lounges at NAIA in Manila. There may have been some minor improvements. I think I saw actual glasses. But it's still a silly small selection of drinks. The average deep countryside gas station store will have a better selection. No beer or wine. And the postage stamp small area gets jammed even though there's just the QR flight using it. Pretty shabby considering that this terminal has been open for over a year now. Luckily I had AMEX access to the Plaza Premium Lounge, which Emirates and most other airlines are using. Even with the EK flight leaving soon there was ample vacant space. The food not great but at least had a few options. Some beer and indifferent wine. Qatar should switch to this lounge and let PAGSS go on floundering.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 1:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by jrfsp320
I wonder what contract they have signed with GA, the plaza premium lounge is much nicer big downgrade to the GA lounge
Agree, my guess this is a result of the codeshare agreement between GA and QR.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Maybe the GA lounge is cheaper for them? I doubt there's necessarily any codeshare connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.