Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
First flight on Qatar is next month. Flight 702 9pm departure in J from JFK. Am I understanding (from Qatar website) that we will get Admiral's Club access in JFK? I was hoping for BA or Flagship, but I guess BA is closed that late and AA Flagship is off limits. Thanks.

The BA lounge is open well after 9pm but unfortunately is in the wrong terminal (the two QR JFK flights leave from different terminals that are not connected airside). You should get AA Flagship access as this is an international J itinerary, I think QR's website is just somewhat out of date (the 'British Airways Terraces Lounge' doesn't technically even exist any more).
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
The BA lounge is open well after 9pm but unfortunately is in the wrong terminal (the two QR JFK flights leave from different terminals that are not connected airside). You should get AA Flagship access as this is an international J itinerary, I think QR's website is just somewhat out of date (the 'British Airways Terraces Lounge' doesn't technically even exist any more).

Thanks! Much appreciated.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
Thanks! Much appreciated.
I can confirm that for QR 702, if you’re flying in J or are OWS+ you get access to the flagship lounge in T8. Although it’s a great lounge in its entirety, I’d suggest setting up camp in “the bridge” area versus the main part of the lounge. Here’s some more info: https://www.godsavethepoints.com/rev...nge-t8-jfk-ny/
Mr. Vker likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 6:51 am

Hi all,

I saw that a new lounge has opened in DUB recently, called the East Lounge. It was referenced in one article that QR would be using this lounge.

Does anyone have any info or recent experience on this? Is it for just Biz class pax or for status as well?

Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Does anyone know what time the cut over is at the Heathrow lounge from Breakfast to Lunch?
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by dmatthew
A colleague of mine flew out of MNL two weeks ago and Qatar Airways now flies out of NAIA Terminal 3 and the lounge that they use is the Delta Airlines lounge (pictures attached).

Just find it a little strange that CX, which is a OneWorld partner, is not the lounge that Qatar J passengers have access to.

flying out of manila today on Qatar economy. had no problem gaining access to the CX lounge in terminal 3 on the basis of my qatar gold tier/oneworld sapphire status. I was also informed by reception that qatar J class passengers are also welcome to use the CX lounge even without any status.

in addition to this qatar status holders and J class passengers are also welcome to use the PAGSS (contract) lounge beside the CX lounge.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Does anyone know what time the cut over is at the Heathrow lounge from Breakfast to Lunch?
Around 11.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
I had the opportunity to visit the Plaza Premium First lounge in HKG last week as a QR J passenger. This might divide opinions, but I enjoyed it more than the two CX First lounges, not to even mention the J lounges. Everything seems really classy in the PPF and the artworks added to the elevated experience. I'm posting this because I almost did not go to this lounge (confused it with the ordinary Plaza Premium lunge), but was instead heading straight to CX J.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I’ve searched the Thread but found nothing!

What are the Lounge arrangements at Gatwick North Terminal, please?

Flying our first QR tomorrow ... in J, LGW-DOH-CPT.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Should be the Aspire Lounge. Enjoy your first QR!
T8191 and wilsnunn like this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by AlienInTheFatherland
Should be the Aspire Lounge. Enjoy your first QR!
Bless Flyertalk ... answer in 6 minutes!!
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:38 am

Don’t expect too much from the lounge! Blessing in disguise though. You’ll be able to fully enjoy the food onboard! Have a lovely time on board and in Cape Town. Eagerly await your next trip report!
T8191 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
I’ve searched the Thread but found nothing!

What are the Lounge arrangements at Gatwick North Terminal, please?

Flying our first QR tomorrow ... in J, LGW-DOH-CPT.
Such a pity you won’t get to enjoy the very fine QR lounge at LHR T4, but that apart, I do hope you have a good trip ^
T8191 and mk1dk like this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:55 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Has anyone been in the Executive Club Lounge in IAH lately? Does it stay open at least until boarding of the QR flight...?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:40 pm

Does anyone have an update on the new QR Singapore lounge? Think it was slated to open this month. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.