Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Guesting 2 persons into the lounge as PC Plat

According to the webpage info, as a plat one is allowed to guest 2 persons into the lounge (I know the exceptions at AM, AS, and the premium lounges in BKK, LHR and BEY). Flying QR out of HND next week and was wondering if I can guest 2 persons into the JAL First Class lounge . Any experience ?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
According to the webpage info, as a plat one is allowed to guest 2 persons into the lounge (I know the exceptions at AM, AS, and the premium lounges in BKK, LHR and BEY). Flying QR out of HND next week and was wondering if I can guest 2 persons into the JAL First Class lounge . Any experience ?
​​​​​​Are you taking about OneWorld or QR webpages?

I believe QR lounge guesting passes for PC Platinum apply only to the 'standard' lounges at HIA, nowhere else. OW Emeralds (QR plat) can only guest in one person at OW lounges I think.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by impeymac
​​​​​​Are you taking about OneWorld or QR webpages?

I believe QR lounge guesting passes for PC Platinum apply only to the 'standard' lounges at HIA, nowhere else.
QR webpage... it states "Enjoy, with two guests, lounge access in Doha and Business Class lounges at select airports, regardless of your class of travel."

Now that I read it carefully it states "Business Class lounges" .. thus any First class lounge would be excluded.. Anyhow, anyone has experience guesting 2 into the JAL Sakura lounge ?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I believe you should be permitted two lounge guests - but only into the QR contracted lounge at your departure airport (e.g. at LHR I have been given lounge invitations for the Skyteam lounge with 2 guests permitted).

At HND the QR contracted lounges are indeed the JAL F and J lounges. Whether QR will give F lounge for all 3 of you I'm not sure - but I would imagine you'll all get at least J lounge. Please report back once you've tested it out!

Last edited by purple1addict; Jan 22, 2019 at 7:25 pm
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
BA have cancelled some more DOH flights and I've been moved onto QR2. I'm on a QR economy ticket to BKK and chose first leg on BA as I know I can spend all day working in Galleries First lounge in T5 and their plane was going to be empty! As OW emerald looks like I will have access to Sky Team lounge in T4. Would I be able to rock up mid-morning and spend all day there or will they be funny about it? I will be hand baggage only so will already be checked in and have a boarding pass.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: MPC Gold
Will be flying out in early April 2019 on QR from MNL in J. On Qatar's website it states that we will have to use the Terminal 1 lounge but when I checked the QR office here in MNL, it states that I will be flying out of Terminal 3. Does this mean I will have access to CX's lounge? Has anyone flown out of Terminal 3 ln QR lately?
picco cph likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
An early January thread on tripadvisor determined that they were using the Pacific Club Lounge. I will also have a flight from there at the start of March so we'll see if that's still the case. In theory we should be able to use the CX lounge. From prior experience CX has been good about following Oneworld rules, unlike their grumpy and stingy cousins at British Airways. But we'll see if capacity issues allow it. The CX lounge can already get pretty full just with CX passengers.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:20 pm

Just flew out of MEL and was told at check in to use the Marhaba lounge, which I’d never heard of. Had a look and wasn’t impressed. Went to the much better QF lounge where they said this was a new policy from QR - and they let us in without fuss.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by dpark74
Just flew out of MEL and was told at check in to use the Marhaba lounge, which I’d never heard of. Had a look and wasn’t impressed. Went to the much better QF lounge where they said this was a new policy from QR - and they let us in without fuss.
It just means that QR changed its official contract lounge, but it doesn't stop anyone from going to the QF lounge to access it under OW rules.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:06 pm

QR LAX DOH J Qsuites, am I eligible for the AA Flagship lounge @terminal 4?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:22 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Originally Posted by arabiamark
An early January thread on tripadvisor determined that they were using the Pacific Club Lounge. I will also have a flight from there at the start of March so we'll see if that's still the case. In theory we should be able to use the CX lounge. From prior experience CX has been good about following Oneworld rules, unlike their grumpy and stingy cousins at British Airways. But we'll see if capacity issues allow it. The CX lounge can already get pretty full just with CX passengers.
I will answer my own question. QR in fact uses the Pacific Club lounge, which is also known as the Delta lounge in Manila’s Terminal 3. I was also able to access the CX lounge as a no status business class passenger. They were reluctant at first but soon let me in.

Last edited by arabiamark; Mar 1, 2019 at 2:03 am Reason: Addition
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by ual902
QR LAX DOH J Qsuites, am I eligible for the AA Flagship lounge @terminal 4?
Flagship Lounge? Yes. Flagship Dining? No. I would start at AA Flagship Lounge then work your way to the oneworld lounge in TBIT.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:47 pm

Was granted access to the SATS Premier lounge in SIN with an upgraded business class ticket (V->U I believe). Although that T1 lounge isn't that interesting, was still a nice surprise given the new rules regarding upgrades and lounge access.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:56 am

Flying JNB-DOH in a couple weeks in J, no OW status. Do I have access to the BA lounge or is it the contract Bidvest lounge for me?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by illico
Flying JNB-DOH in a couple weeks in J, no OW status. Do I have access to the BA lounge or is it the contract Bidvest lounge for me?
As you will have a J boarding pass you will be able to access any oneworld business class lounge, including BA lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.