Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:11 am

oneworld.com seems to confirm: https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/IAD/-1
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by nseraleyva
Has there been any update on the BEY lounge lately? QR seem to be hiring up for it here in Beirut (according to their site) but precious little information about opening dates, etc. online.
All signage is up, the entrance is ready, seems like it could commence operations any day now.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:38 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Beano HK
Apologies if ADD has been covered before but didnt see it. QR flies into ADD into terminal 1 which is the domestic lounge. This creates confusion sometimes with pick ups who automatically go to the International terminal (T2)...especially at 1230 or so at night.

The lounge on departure is up the stairs on the left and is the Cloud 9, Ethiopian Airlines (Star Alliance) lounge. I didnt fancy food poisoning so skipped the food offerings and had a glass of water. The wifi was rubbish but they had Sky News on.

There were no queues at all in the airport on departure and there are 5 check in desks to choose from. (Apparently the reason for the T1 usage is they can only have 2 desks to utilise in the International terminal).
Thanks for this helpful information. Given that QR flies into the domestic terminal, where are passport formalities done?
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
The lounge in Singapore has been changed recently. No more dnata lounge. I was told they received too many complaints about it
Now QR uses the "SATS Premier Lounge" which is slightly nicer than the dnata lounge I'd say.

The lounge can be found by taking the same escalator up after the departure immigration and then heading left (instead of right for the old dnata lounge).
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:36 pm

Imo, the dnata lounge has better and cleaner toilet facilities
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:07 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hotwingz
The lounge in Singapore has been changed recently. No more dnata lounge. I was told they received too many complaints about it
Now QR uses the "SATS Premier Lounge" which is slightly nicer than the dnata lounge I'd say.

The lounge can be found by taking the same escalator up after the departure immigration and then heading left (instead of right for the old dnata lounge).
Isn't this is the lounge QR used in SIN before they moved to the DNATA lounge? IIRC it's a more open style, with the possibility of hearing general airport background noise, but a superior lounge IMO.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: QR-G/OWS, QF-G, VA-G, NZ-S
No QR lounge in OHS - No lounge(s) at all - period.

Compensated for somewhat by eager to help, smiling and friendly Omani staff and equally pleasant and friendly immigration and security staff.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:03 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thanks for this helpful information. Given that QR flies into the domestic terminal, where are passport formalities done?
passport formalities are done in the domestic terminal. Skip left if you already have a visa, straight ahead if not with your $50 to the small window for a VOA, then joining the passport queue. Not a big place so easy to navigate.

as an aside, the Ethiopian Embassy in London is not issuing Business visas at the moment indicating you should pick it up in Addis. 5 hours later in the naughty boys room I'm finally let in on a tourist visa! Far easier to get a tourist visa as long as you don't turn up in a suit!
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by hotwingz

On the Qatar app, the lounge for my next flight from Singapore (in May) still shows the Dnata Lounge. The website also only shows Dnata under the lounge search for Singapore. I'm a QR newbie - are they normally slow at updating information like this?
Old Mar 11, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
Originally Posted by ttama
On the Qatar app, the lounge for my next flight from Singapore (in May) still shows the Dnata Lounge. The website also only shows Dnata under the lounge search for Singapore. I'm a QR newbie - are they normally slow at updating information like this?
Yes
ttama and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:09 am

Birmingham (BHX) - No1 Lounge
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:29 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Jakarta - Premier Lounge Jakarta Airport
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
PER lounge

Hey guys flying out of PER tomorrow evening at 22:50 in J. On the Forum here it states QR use the Malaysian lounge, yet on the QR and Oneworld websites it states the Qantas lounge... which however already closes at 18:00 - so no help at all.

Was wondering if there is a lounge for the late PER departure, which one it is, and if it’s any good?

Thanks for your help
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Every time we have left PER on QR we have used the QF lounge.
mcgol likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:06 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mcgol
Hey guys flying out of PER tomorrow evening at 22:50 in J. On the Forum here it states QR use the Malaysian lounge, yet on the QR and Oneworld websites it states the Qantas lounge... which however already closes at 18:00 - so no help at all.

Was wondering if there is a lounge for the late PER departure, which one it is, and if it’s any good?

Thanks for your help
Didn't they close the Malaysian Lounge in Perth?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.