Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Old Aug 7, 2022, 8:07 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Happy to report BEY QR lounge is open. Only passengers travelling with QR are allowed, but otherwise standard *o access rules apply (emerald or sapphire +1). Agents distribute lounge invitations at check in, but those are not really required: lounge dragons scan BP to check eligibility.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:54 am

Which Business Lounge in Sydney

Hi
could someone please confirm which lounge I can use in Sydney when flying J with Qatar?
the Oneworld site says the Qantas lounge is shut but the Qantas site says it’s open.
I’ve also heard rumours about using the Air New Zealand lounge but Qatar can’t confirm this on chat
cheers!
Old Aug 10, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Benm007
Hi
could someone please confirm which lounge I can use in Sydney when flying J with Qatar?
the Oneworld site says the Qantas lounge is shut but the Qantas site says it’s open.
I’ve also heard rumours about using the Air New Zealand lounge but Qatar can’t confirm this on chat
cheers!
You can use the Qantas one as per OneWorld rules.
blurt91 and Benm007 like this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 11:29 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by Schwann
You can use the Qantas one as per OneWorld rules.
With the proviso as I understand, that the lounge is open until the last QF of the day. In my case on Friday September 16, there is a QF departure to LAX that leaves after the QR.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:38 am

Programs: Some
So is BKK ever reopening?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by blurt91
With the proviso as I understand, that the lounge is open until the last QF of the day. In my case on Friday September 16, there is a QF departure to LAX that leaves after the QR.
hi. Is there any easy way of finding out when the last Qantas flight out of SYD is please?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:59 am

hi. Is there any easy way of finding out when the last Qantas flight out of SYD is please?
I use an app called Flightboard which only shows current day info as does Sydney Airport website. You are looking for QF flights departing from T1...ie the international terminal. You can also try dummy bookings on QF on the day you intend to travel. Latest departures tend to be LAX, AKL as well as Japan
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by blurt91
I use an app called Flightboard which only shows current day info as does Sydney Airport website. You are looking for QF flights departing from T1...ie the international terminal. You can also try dummy bookings on QF on the day you intend to travel. Latest departures tend to be LAX, AKL as well as Japan
looks to be a 22:10 flight on the day to Auckland so I should be good. Thanks!
blurt91 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:23 am

looks to be a 22:10 flight on the day to Auckland so I should be good. Thanks!
Excellent. Have a great trip .September will be my first trip back to Oz for exactly 3 years and I am looking forward to it
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:53 pm

Don't get too excited about the Qantas International Business lounge. Its in a poor state.

Qantas announced prior to COVID that they were going to renovate it and of course that hasn't happened

For Australia's national airline in Australia's busiest airport its abysmal
Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by motef
Don't get too excited about the Qantas International Business lounge. Its in a poor state.

Qantas announced prior to COVID that they were going to renovate it and of course that hasn't happened

Really sad to hear. Thanks for the heads up...I will limit my expectations.
Benm007 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 6:43 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by motef

I haven't been to it since two visits in 2016 and 2017 but it's disappointing to hear it's still a substandard lounge. I remember at the time being surprised at its poor state.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 6:49 am

QR/ba lounge phl

I had asked a while ago about the BA lounge in PHL which is also used by QR. it is indeed open but it closes at 2000 and there’s a large PHL-DOH flight at 2130.

the lounge is fairly small. When I was there it was a hot summer day and the ac wasn’t keeping up. Snacks were minimal. There was a small buffet that I don’t remember too well. I don’t recall hot meal type of things. There were sandwiches and hummus but I didn’t see pita. Ok booze selection. Better than regular admirals club but nothing to write home about.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
I haven't been to it since two visits in 2016 and 2017 but it's disappointing to hear it's still a substandard lounge. I remember at the time being surprised at its poor state.
that’s a real shame. I’m still holding out hope that flying Qatar I can use the Air NZ lounge. Can anyone confirm the rumours?
Old Aug 16, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: United mileage plus, qantas frequent flyer silver
Flew Qatar in J from Adelaide to Doha on Sunday 7/8/2022 …wasn’t allowed into Qantas business lounge and instead we were provided with a $40 voucher to use at the Penfolds bar …..
The Qantas Lounge was definitely open and no one gave us the reason for this situation…!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.