Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2022, 4:02 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by kl1987
I also would like to know if someone has passed through recently. Also flying next week.
Transited BKK this morning, still closed. I don't know if there is a timeline for reopening yet or not (someone mentioned they saw an advert recruiting staff recently).
kl1987 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:43 am

Programs: OWE, *G
BKK lounge

From early August, QR operates 2 out of 3 daily flights from BKK with A380s, I would hope this also means they’ll open the lounge…
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
London is reopening on 14 June and Singapore on 15 June so hopefully BKK will be soon!
grady4 and Turnpike like this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 12:53 am

Programs: Qantas Plat
Originally Posted by Reason077
I was given a voucher flying out of AKL in January, but it was more like NZD $20 from memory. Also the only place it could be redeemed (the only cafe/bar open in the international terminal) was already closing when I arrived so I didn't even get to use it.
Nothing for us flying out of Adelaide with Qantas lounge closed.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:28 pm

London lounge

Hi,

The terminal 4 reopened today. Do you know if the Qatar lounge reopened too?

Thanks
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:34 am

Programs: OWE, *G
Originally Posted by Cerbot
Hi,

The terminal 4 reopened today. Do you know if the Qatar lounge reopened too?

Thanks
That looks to be the case according to this.

Qatar moving back to LHR T4
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:48 pm

TAV Lounge Access for QR Business Class at NBO

Qatar Airways lists the TAV Lounge as available to Business class flyers. However, it appears the international flights leave from Terminal 2, and the TAV Lounge is in Terminal 1. Terminal 2 in a separate building with its own security checkpoint. In addition to the time required to switch terminals, I've read reports of security being strict about which checkpoints passengers use based on their boarding passes.

Has anyone traveling out of Nairobi (NBO) on Qatar had luck accessing the TAV lounge, or other lounges in Terminal 1? I'm really hoping to take a shower before a 1:50am flight. Even if TAV doesn't have a shower (it's a temporary location right now), I might want to purchase access at another lounge with a shower, provided that I can actually get into Terminal 1.

Thanks.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:14 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by HisGirlFriday
Qatar Airways lists the TAV Lounge as available to Business class flyers. However, it appears the international flights leave from Terminal 2, and the TAV Lounge is in Terminal 1. Terminal 2 in a separate building with its own security checkpoint. In addition to the time required to switch terminals, I've read reports of security being strict about which checkpoints passengers use based on their boarding passes.

Has anyone traveling out of Nairobi (NBO) on Qatar had luck accessing the TAV lounge, or other lounges in Terminal 1? I'm really hoping to take a shower before a 1:50am flight. Even if TAV doesn't have a shower (it's a temporary location right now), I might want to purchase access at another lounge with a shower, provided that I can actually get into Terminal 1.

Thanks.
I’m afraid you’ll be in for some disappointment here. QR moved to T2 in February and with that, loss of all access to T1. The OW page for lounge access has not been updated and there is only one lounge in T2 which is small and cramped with no shower facilities. One of the issues here is that there is an EK departure not too far ahead of the QR departure and the lounge will also accept payment and other various credit cards with access so gets very busy. I cannot see any way for you to enter T1 to get lounge access for a shower then get to T2 as you will have had to go through immigration therefore technically left the country

T2 itself is nothing but a very large tent and to get from T1 you would need to get a taxi. There are two security checks to go through before immigration and getting into the departure lounge. Limited duty free shopping. Limited food and beverage outlets (and no smoking facilities). For security, they have one immediately on entering the building and even if both lanes are operating, large queues can build up outside to get in. When I went through at the second checkpoint, they only had one lane open. It’s shoes off, liquids out, if more than one laptop or iPad, all in to separate trays. Not the fastest process.

All boarding is via bus and will generally board zone 1 pax first. There was a separate business pax bus but that arrived after the zone 1 bus so a long queue up the stairs to board.

Why QR chose to or agreed to move to T2 I do not know. It doesn’t allow for the best start to a QR journey
r2d2 and HisGirlFriday like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Saltire74
I’m afraid you’ll be in for some disappointment here. QR moved to T2 in February and with that, loss of all access to T1. The OW page for lounge access has not been updated and there is only one lounge in T2 which is small and cramped with no shower facilities. One of the issues here is that there is an EK departure not too far ahead of the QR departure and the lounge will also accept payment and other various credit cards with access so gets very busy. I cannot see any way for you to enter T1 to get lounge access for a shower then get to T2 as you will have had to go through immigration therefore technically left the country

T2 itself is nothing but a very large tent and to get from T1 you would need to get a taxi. There are two security checks to go through before immigration and getting into the departure lounge. Limited duty free shopping. Limited food and beverage outlets (and no smoking facilities). For security, they have one immediately on entering the building and even if both lanes are operating, large queues can build up outside to get in. When I went through at the second checkpoint, they only had one lane open. It’s shoes off, liquids out, if more than one laptop or iPad, all in to separate trays. Not the fastest process.

All boarding is via bus and will generally board zone 1 pax first. There was a separate business pax bus but that arrived after the zone 1 bus so a long queue up the stairs to board.

Why QR chose to or agreed to move to T2 I do not know. It doesn’t allow for the best start to a QR journey
***Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going to book a room at the Four Points to wash up before the flight. It looks like the wait at the airport is going to be pretty miserable.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Andrew35K
That looks to be the case according to this.
I saw that but online it still shows the Premier Lounge to be closed, and I even called them and got the same response. But it makes no sense to reopen the terminal without the lounges, no?
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:21 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Cerbot
I saw that but online it still shows the Premier Lounge to be closed, and I even called them and got the same response. But it makes no sense to reopen the terminal without the lounges, no?
The OW website is not always up to date. Posts #67, #68 & #69 on the following thread seems to confirm that the premium lounge is open.
Qatar moving back to LHR T4
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:05 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Saltire74

It is a temporary move while T1B & T1C get refurbished - long overdue. I flew NBO DOH a few weeks ago and was dreading the queues, but the terminal was empty. It is hit and miss.

The lounge is terrible. If in J, I'd arrive around 2 hrs before the flight. The queues to get through should be shorter.

At least QR have started serving the pre-departure champagne, which was on hold for a while (pre-covid) due to "local regulations".
HisGirlFriday likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by blurt91
Am I wrong to assume that OWS and OWE will still get access to the QF lounges? Seems incredibly mean if full fare J customers, irrespective of whether they have status or not, don't have lounge access in a place like SYD.
Hello there
Apologies if I am in the wrong thread - first time forum user here
Wondering if anyone has any information please on the lounge access at Brisbane airport for Qatar Business class passengers? Upon booking full fare, I wasn't aware that Oneworld (or at least the Premium Plaza) no longer included Qatar Airways? I heard from Plaza Premium that Air New Zealand may take passengers. BNE can't even confirm this for me, so just wondering if anyone has actually been through to be able to report back?
Many thanks for your time,
Sasha
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Sasha L
Hello there
Apologies if I am in the wrong thread - first time forum user here
Wondering if anyone has any information please on the lounge access at Brisbane airport for Qatar Business class passengers? Upon booking full fare, I wasn't aware that Oneworld (or at least the Premium Plaza) no longer included Qatar Airways? I heard from Plaza Premium that Air New Zealand may take passengers. BNE can't even confirm this for me, so just wondering if anyone has actually been through to be able to report back?
Many thanks for your time,
Sasha
If you look upthread there is a few updates ( you can use the 'search this thread' function). I haven't been through this month but last time I was there, there was no included lounge at BNE. There is a shower (bring your own towel) airside in an accessible toilet and one bar that is open. You might (but probably won't) get a voucher on check in for food only.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:06 pm

Thank you @tinkicker
I have managed to get hold of someone at Brisbane Airport who has confirmed that Qatar is using the Air New Zealand Lounge, hooray!
tinkicker likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.