Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 26, 19, 4:58 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Cedar Jet
Wiki Link
Information on QR Lounges across the globe, can be found here:
http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR Outstation lounges

The QR Bangkok (BKK) lounge opened 8th Feb 2018, thread here.
The QR Beirut (BEY) Lounge.....access?
The QR Paris (CDG) lounge is here
The QR Dubai lounge is discussed here but was closed in June 2017 due to the political situation and all evidence of the lounge's existance has been removed.
The QR London (LHR) lounge: Until we have some experiential reports from FTers, I'll add links to the relevant pages on the QR website. First, there's the general lounge page here. Enter LHR in the input window and you'll get basic information about access, food, opening hours, facilities and the like. There's also a specific page on the LHR lounge here which seems to be more of a marketing fluff page, but has some good photos.

All the QR lounges listed here appear to be restricted to QR First and Business Class Passengers only this rule has since been relaxed to permit access to OW passengers but with no guests

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about Oneworld lounges, of which QR is a member, can be found here:
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
Access to each lounge is clearly stated. There are two lines with this information. The first states which airlines may access the lounge and the second states which passengers of those airlines may access the lounge.

Note that third party lounges are usually restricted to passengers of the contracting airlines.
Print Wikipost

Old May 12, 22, 1:23 am

Programs: BA Executive Club silver
Originally Posted by tinkicker View Post
A couple of websites in Australia are saying Qatar passengers are being given $50AUD vouchers as there is no lounge access in SYD. Does anyone know if this is general policy as having been through Brisbane recently (full price J) nothing was offered, nor mentioned. I've got colleagues going through there in a few days so want to let them know if they should be asking for something?

View from the Wing.
Am I wrong to assume that OWS and OWE will still get access to the QF lounges? Seems incredibly mean if full fare J customers, irrespective of whether they have status or not, don't have lounge access in a place like SYD.
Old May 12, 22, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Diamond (*G), Marriott Ambassador (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by blurt91 View Post
Am I wrong to assume that OWS and OWE will still get access to the QF lounges? Seems incredibly mean if full fare J customers, irrespective of whether they have status or not, don't have lounge access in a place like SYD.
They would, if they are open at the hours that QR departs.
Old May 12, 22, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
They would, if they are open at the hours that QR departs.
I see the problem..eg. Tomorrow last international QF is 1930 and QR departs 2100! I won't be going through until September, so don't know if QF is planning any later departures by then.
Old May 12, 22, 8:13 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
The article was written at a time when QF only had their F lounge in Sydney open, and wasn't admitting J class pax from other OneWorld airlines to that, whereas if you flew J on QF, or had QF Gold (OW Sapphite) status you were admitted to the F lounge.

Since Australia re-opened I believe the QF J lounge is open in SYD and this situation should have since been resolved (if the QF lounge is open depending on Qantas' schedule*), though for the OP in this case I can't comment on what the situation is like in BNE International.

*QF's International schedule is in flux a bit at the moment but they're building it back in. The late flights to HKG and NRT seem to get added/removed fairly frequently at the moment. It could indeed be that the QF Lounges aren't available for the late QR flight to DOH...
Old May 12, 22, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by pythonisman View Post
The article was written at a time when QF only had their F lounge in Sydney open, and wasn't admitting J class pax from other OneWorld airlines to that, whereas if you flew J on QF, or had QF Gold (OW Sapphite) status you were admitted to the F lounge.

Since Australia re-opened I believe the QF J lounge is open in SYD and this situation should have since been resolved (if the QF lounge is open depending on Qantas' schedule*), though for the OP in this case I can't comment on what the situation is like in BNE International.

*QF's International schedule is in flux a bit at the moment but they're building it back in. The late flights to HKG and NRT seem to get added/removed fairly frequently at the moment. It could indeed be that the QF Lounges aren't available for the late QR flight to DOH...
Have just seen that on the day I fly September 16, QF 17 is scheduled to depart at 21.25 to LAX. There is also a 20.55 QF25 to HND. So all good depending on QF schedule changes of course!😂
pythonisman likes this.

Last edited by blurt91; May 12, 22 at 8:26 am
Old May 12, 22, 8:38 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Have just seen that on the day I fly September 16, QF 17 is scheduled to depart at 21.25 to LAX. There is also a 20.55 QF25 to HND. So all good depending on QF schedule changes of course!😂
Last I looked the QF25 (HND at 20:55) was due to fly on the day we depart, but looks like that's been cancelled now. The 20:25 QF75 to YVR is much less likely to be canned (at least in terms of C-19 restrictions) so at least that should keep the lounges open until our QR flight boards. Phew!

Based on what the departure board looks like between JQ/QF I'm guessing the lounges are going to be nice and quiet as well, so hopefully able to take full advantage of the QF Flounge before a nice snooze on the long leg to Doha...
Old May 12, 22, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by pythonisman View Post
Last I looked the QF25 (HND at 20:55) was due to fly on the day we depart, but looks like that's been cancelled now. The 20:25 QF75 to YVR is much less likely to be canned (at least in terms of C-19 restrictions) so at least that should keep the lounges open until our QR flight boards. Phew!

Based on what the departure board looks like between JQ/QF I'm guessing the lounges are going to be nice and quiet as well, so hopefully able to take full advantage of the QF Flounge before a nice snooze on the long leg to Doha...
👍👍Enjoy!
Old May 12, 22, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Yeah the QF Brisbane lounge is only open for about 2 hours in the mornings and QR departs 2245 ish. The only open lounge at the moment in the evening is a Plaza Premium. There are a couple of open bars.

Update from this weekend.

Plaza at Brisbane now seems to be closed in the evening. So no lounges and only one open bar airside when QR are there. Someone managed to get a $50AUD voucher at check in but it was for food only no alcohol. Singapore Air now have a later departure than QR and were giving pre-printed $30 vouchers which could be used for alcohol. (for cross reference an espresso martini is about $20 AUD in Brisbane).

Last edited by tinkicker; May 15, 22 at 7:26 am Reason: update with new data.
Old May 23, 22, 4:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Petroleum
Can anyone advise if any lounge is available in Abu Dhabi for a Oneworld Sapphire travelling QR Y to DOH?

The Qatar database doesn't seem to be returning any results at all, including in LHR and DOH (so obviously not very helpful). The Oneworld site lists the Priority Pass "Al Dhabi Lounge" but states temporarily closed and does not list QR. Google is usually right and states it is open. It is pre-bookable for £26 which is inexpensive but AUD 210/£45 in person.

The AUH website states
Access this lounge

If you are flying First or Business Class with any airline except for Etihad Airways or are eligible for lounge access in line with your airline's frequent flyer program (except for Etihad Airways), you will be issued an invitation to this lounge at the check-in counter. If not, you can access The Al Dhabi Lounge for as follows:

For 3 hours lounge package AED 210 per person
Thanks in advance for recent experiences...

Last edited by St Elmos Fire; May 23, 22 at 8:41 am
Old May 23, 22, 1:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Any recent experiences at IAH? QR website says AF lounge but has a picture of the KLM lounge. I flew on QR out of IAH in J but don't recall which lounge check in staff mentioned. We just went to Amex lounge and didn't bother with AF or KLM. The Executive Club used to be the the lounge for EK and QR but I believe that is closed.
Old May 26, 22, 9:11 am

Programs: BA, AC, NZ
Originally Posted by tinkicker View Post
A couple of websites in Australia are saying Qatar passengers are being given $50AUD vouchers as there is no lounge access in SYD. Does anyone know if this is general policy as having been through Brisbane recently (full price J) nothing was offered, nor mentioned.
I was given a voucher flying out of AKL in January, but it was more like NZD $20 from memory. Also the only place it could be redeemed (the only cafe/bar open in the international terminal) was already closing when I arrived so I didn't even get to use it.
Old May 27, 22, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Reason077 View Post
I was given a voucher flying out of AKL in January, but it was more like NZD $20 from memory. Also the only place it could be redeemed (the only cafe/bar open in the international terminal) was already closing when I arrived so I didn't even get to use it.
So finally remembered to ask for feedback from my colleague on Brisbane no lounge / voucher saga: Nothing was offered and an initial request for something was politely declined. Now maybe they were just lucky to get the right person in the right mood and they are a very polite person so maybe charm plays a part. but they asked again and pointed out the Sydney news article, there was a chat with the station manager and a voucher was approved. The voucher was good for food and non-alcoholic drinks only. Which in my view is kinda meh but hey ho. Singapore are automatically doing $30 vouchers good for anything from the bar instead of a lounge at BNE (or they were the other day) good for one espresso martini and change..the martini was disappointing.
Old May 28, 22, 2:13 pm

Out of curiosity, is there a lounge at JRO for QR J?
Old May 28, 22, 9:15 pm

Programs: Velocity
Any updates on the Qatar Bangkok lounge for next week? Still closed?
Old May 29, 22, 2:30 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Notyourbag View Post
Any updates on the Qatar Bangkok lounge for next week? Still closed?
I also would like to know if someone has passed through recently. Also flying next week.

Search this Thread