Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 26, 19, 4:58 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Cedar Jet
Wiki Link
Information on QR Lounges across the globe, can be found here:
http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR Outstation lounges

The QR Bangkok (BKK) lounge opened 8th Feb 2018, thread here.
The QR Beirut (BEY) Lounge.....access?
The QR Paris (CDG) lounge is here
The QR Dubai lounge is discussed here but was closed in June 2017 due to the political situation and all evidence of the lounge's existance has been removed.
The QR London (LHR) lounge: Until we have some experiential reports from FTers, I'll add links to the relevant pages on the QR website. First, there's the general lounge page here. Enter LHR in the input window and you'll get basic information about access, food, opening hours, facilities and the like. There's also a specific page on the LHR lounge here which seems to be more of a marketing fluff page, but has some good photos.


All the QR lounges listed here appear to be restricted to QR First and Business Class Passengers only this rule has since been relaxed to permit access to OW passengers but with no guests

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about Oneworld lounges, of which QR is a member, can be found here:
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
Access to each lounge is clearly stated. There are two lines with this information. The first states which airlines may access the lounge and the second states which passengers of those airlines may access the lounge.

Note that third party lounges are usually restricted to passengers of the contracting airlines.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 16, 22, 8:20 pm
  #871  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,282
Originally Posted by jrfsp320 View Post
Anyone know what QR will do for lounge access in Perth, QF have permanently closed their lounge in T1 which QR used to use.
I'd guess it would be the recently-opened Aspire T1 lounge, but haven't heard for sure.
djsflynn is offline  
Old Mar 26, 22, 3:54 pm
  #872  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Charlottesville, Va. USA
Posts: 1,638
Originally Posted by Schwann View Post
I can see the Plaza Premium lounge is open on select days. I'd be surprised if QR didn't have a contract with them but I don't know. Certainly isn't a given.



QR use the Turkish Airlines lounge at IAD. If it's open you could also use the BA lounge.

I've used the Turkish Airlines lounge on my PriorityPass and it's okay but nothing to write home about. It can get very busy.
Schwann thanks for this update. Mrs. jmj9905 and I haven't flown qr since 2017. We leave on April 6 iad/doh/jnb. We were just talking about the Turkish lounge in 2017 being a mess. Very crowed and being remolded. We ended up at the Ba lounge. Guess things haven't improved much so we will just head for the BA lounge.
jmj9905 is offline  
Old Mar 27, 22, 5:18 am
  #873  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 629
Hi, which lounge is used at BNE please?
secretplantofightinflation is offline  
Old Mar 27, 22, 2:17 pm
  #874  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Shetland, uk
Programs: Skywards silver
Posts: 240
Anyone heard any whispers if the new QR Lounge in Singapore Changi will open again this year?
Bouncingsouls is offline  
Old Mar 27, 22, 2:56 pm
  #875  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 12,832
Originally Posted by jmj9905 View Post
Schwann thanks for this update. Mrs. jmj9905 and I haven't flown qr since 2017. We leave on April 6 iad/doh/jnb. We were just talking about the Turkish lounge in 2017 being a mess. Very crowed and being remolded. We ended up at the Ba lounge. Guess things haven't improved much so we will just head for the BA lounge.
I have used both the BA and TK Lounges at IAD in the near past.
Just to let you know that, the TK Lounge usually is super crowded during QR flight times and it might be difficult to find a seat. Although the food over there is quite decent even though it's not at pre-COVID levels.

The BA Lounge has the pre-flight Club dining section closed and everyone is seated at the main area ( not sure if there is a private arrangement for F pax and GGL's ) thus if there is a BA flight that would depart at the same time as your flight, you might also have difficulty finding seats over there and the BA Lounge only opens during BA flight times thus if you are leaving with the morning QR flight out of IAD, the BA Lounge would not be open at that time.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 27, 22, 4:19 pm
  #876  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Charlottesville, Va. USA
Posts: 1,638
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
I have used both the BA and TK Lounges at IAD in the near past.
Just to let you know that, the TK Lounge usually is super crowded during QR flight times and it might be difficult to find a seat. Although the food over there is quite decent even though it's not at pre-COVID levels.

The BA Lounge has the pre-flight Club dining section closed and everyone is seated at the main area ( not sure if there is a private arrangement for F pax and GGL's ) thus if there is a BA flight that would depart at the same time as your flight, you might also have difficulty finding seats over there and the BA Lounge only opens during BA flight times thus if you are leaving with the morning QR flight out of IAD, the BA Lounge would not be open at that time.
ISTFlyer thanks for the information. I used the BA lounge back in OCT but was flying Ba. Our Qr flight leaves @8:40 P.M. The 2 BA flights leave at 6:10p.m. and 10:40p.m. So we should slide in the middle. We usually sit in the bar as it is less crowded and we are not eligible for the ba business buffet anyway.
jmj9905 is offline  
Old Apr 8, 22, 3:35 pm
  #877  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,732
Any update with JNB lounges?
Aspire shows closed on QR/Oneworld sites but not the Priority Pass site.
chuck1 is online now  
Old Apr 8, 22, 3:44 pm
  #878  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,732
One more questions. Single ticket purchased business class / Oneworld Emerald.

QR JNB-DOH
AC DOH-YYZ

Will I able to use the QR Al Mourjan lounge during my 3-hour DOH transit based on my class, status and inbound QR flight?
Can I present my inbound JNB-DOH boarding pass for scanning or will they require the outbound boarding pass?
AC uses the Oryx lounge.
chuck1 is online now  
Old Apr 9, 22, 9:39 am
  #879  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: UK
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 496
Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation View Post
Hi, which lounge is used at BNE please?
At moment (9 April) there is no lounge for QR passengers in use at Brisbane , which is pretty terrible.
tinkicker is offline  
Old Apr 13, 22, 2:56 am
  #880  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: London, UK
Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Posts: 566
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
Lufthansa Business Lounge is the lounge for QR J in FRA.
Does anyone know if the LH Business Lounge is open at the moment and still the place for QR J pax? We'll be flying QR J next month and I was wondering what the lounge situation was like (we've never flown to/from FRA before).

Edit: I should have added, the Oneworld website states this lounge is "Temporarily closed" but not sure if that's up to date: https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=FRA
pythonisman is offline  
Old Apr 13, 22, 3:42 am
  #881  
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: AUH
Posts: 7,948
Originally Posted by chuck1 View Post
One more questions. Single ticket purchased business class / Oneworld Emerald.

QR JNB-DOH
AC DOH-YYZ

Will I able to use the QR Al Mourjan lounge during my 3-hour DOH transit based on my class, status and inbound QR flight?
Can I present my inbound JNB-DOH boarding pass for scanning or will they require the outbound boarding pass?
AC uses the Oryx lounge.
Access based on arrival flight is only applicable when you connect to a oneworld flight, so no access to AM in your case. You won't be able to buy access either, so you should plan on using the Oryx lounge.
stargold is online now  
Old Apr 13, 22, 4:18 am
  #882  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Melbourne
Programs: QF
Posts: 99
Originally Posted by tinkicker View Post
At moment (9 April) there is no lounge for QR passengers in use at Brisbane , which is pretty terrible.
The QF intl lounge has reopened but guessing the hours dont align at the moment.
jrfsp320 is offline  
Old Apr 13, 22, 7:03 am
  #883  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: UK
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 496
Originally Posted by jrfsp320 View Post
The QF intl lounge has reopened but guessing the hours dont align at the moment.
Seems so, on check-in on Friday night there are about 5 or 6 late evening QF coded flights but all codeshares, none were QF operated. It looked like the Plaza Premium was open if you want to pay. I did wonder if we should be given a voucher or something for the lack of a lounge, it's a chunky J class ticket price and I needed somewhere to do some work and to be honest, I really needed a wash. To top it off it was an old 777 without the Q Suite as well. Just not my day really.
tinkicker is offline  
Old Apr 14, 22, 10:50 pm
  #884  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sacramento
Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Posts: 12,135
First time flyer with QR. Not impressed with telephone customer service and the web site keeps churning.

Im flying LAX-DOH-CPT and then returning from JNB. I booked I fare, which allows lounge access.

1. Which lounge does QR use LAX?
2. Is there a lounge in JNB?
3. I keep getting notifications to buy an upgrade to the AS first lounge. But when I try to do that, it just spins and spins and spins and never moves forward. Is there an opportunity to buy up? And if so, whats thought to be a reasonable fee? I have a six hour layover in Doha.
kevinsac is offline  
Old Apr 15, 22, 5:05 pm
  #885  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: ATL
Programs: DL SkyMiles DM/2MM, AA Gold, IC RA, Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Posts: 5,820
What’s the situation at BKK now? Very nice QR lounge, shame to see it wasting away closed. As of last November, QR were sending J pax to the D Miracle Lounge, shared by most airlines, though that was very early days of Thailand reopening.
MegatopLover is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread