Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2022, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by jrfsp320
Anyone know what QR will do for lounge access in Perth, QF have permanently closed their lounge in T1 which QR used to use.
I'd guess it would be the recently-opened Aspire T1 lounge, but haven't heard for sure.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann
I can see the Plaza Premium lounge is open on select days. I'd be surprised if QR didn't have a contract with them but I don't know. Certainly isn't a given.

QR use the Turkish Airlines lounge at IAD. If it's open you could also use the BA lounge.

I've used the Turkish Airlines lounge on my PriorityPass and it's okay but nothing to write home about. It can get very busy.
Schwann thanks for this update. Mrs. jmj9905 and I haven't flown qr since 2017. We leave on April 6 iad/doh/jnb. We were just talking about the Turkish lounge in 2017 being a mess. Very crowed and being remolded. We ended up at the Ba lounge. Guess things haven't improved much so we will just head for the BA lounge.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi, which lounge is used at BNE please?
Old Mar 27, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: Skywards silver
Anyone heard any whispers if the new QR Lounge in Singapore Changi will open again this year?
Old Mar 27, 2022, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by jmj9905
Schwann thanks for this update. Mrs. jmj9905 and I haven't flown qr since 2017. We leave on April 6 iad/doh/jnb. We were just talking about the Turkish lounge in 2017 being a mess. Very crowed and being remolded. We ended up at the Ba lounge. Guess things haven't improved much so we will just head for the BA lounge.
I have used both the BA and TK Lounges at IAD in the near past.
Just to let you know that, the TK Lounge usually is super crowded during QR flight times and it might be difficult to find a seat. Although the food over there is quite decent even though it's not at pre-COVID levels.

The BA Lounge has the pre-flight Club dining section closed and everyone is seated at the main area ( not sure if there is a private arrangement for F pax and GGL's ) thus if there is a BA flight that would depart at the same time as your flight, you might also have difficulty finding seats over there and the BA Lounge only opens during BA flight times thus if you are leaving with the morning QR flight out of IAD, the BA Lounge would not be open at that time.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I have used both the BA and TK Lounges at IAD in the near past.
Just to let you know that, the TK Lounge usually is super crowded during QR flight times and it might be difficult to find a seat. Although the food over there is quite decent even though it's not at pre-COVID levels.

The BA Lounge has the pre-flight Club dining section closed and everyone is seated at the main area ( not sure if there is a private arrangement for F pax and GGL's ) thus if there is a BA flight that would depart at the same time as your flight, you might also have difficulty finding seats over there and the BA Lounge only opens during BA flight times thus if you are leaving with the morning QR flight out of IAD, the BA Lounge would not be open at that time.
ISTFlyer thanks for the information. I used the BA lounge back in OCT but was flying Ba. Our Qr flight leaves @8:40 P.M. The 2 BA flights leave at 6:10p.m. and 10:40p.m. So we should slide in the middle. We usually sit in the bar as it is less crowded and we are not eligible for the ba business buffet anyway.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 3:35 pm

Any update with JNB lounges?
Aspire shows closed on QR/Oneworld sites but not the Priority Pass site.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 3:44 pm

One more questions. Single ticket purchased business class / Oneworld Emerald.

QR JNB-DOH
AC DOH-YYZ

Will I able to use the QR Al Mourjan lounge during my 3-hour DOH transit based on my class, status and inbound QR flight?
Can I present my inbound JNB-DOH boarding pass for scanning or will they require the outbound boarding pass?
AC uses the Oryx lounge.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
Hi, which lounge is used at BNE please?
At moment (9 April) there is no lounge for QR passengers in use at Brisbane , which is pretty terrible.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:56 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Lufthansa Business Lounge is the lounge for QR J in FRA.
Does anyone know if the LH Business Lounge is open at the moment and still the place for QR J pax? We'll be flying QR J next month and I was wondering what the lounge situation was like (we've never flown to/from FRA before).

Edit: I should have added, the Oneworld website states this lounge is "Temporarily closed" but not sure if that's up to date: https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=FRA
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by chuck1
One more questions. Single ticket purchased business class / Oneworld Emerald.

QR JNB-DOH
AC DOH-YYZ

Will I able to use the QR Al Mourjan lounge during my 3-hour DOH transit based on my class, status and inbound QR flight?
Can I present my inbound JNB-DOH boarding pass for scanning or will they require the outbound boarding pass?
AC uses the Oryx lounge.
Access based on arrival flight is only applicable when you connect to a oneworld flight, so no access to AM in your case. You won't be able to buy access either, so you should plan on using the Oryx lounge.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 4:18 am

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by tinkicker
At moment (9 April) there is no lounge for QR passengers in use at Brisbane , which is pretty terrible.
The QF intl lounge has reopened but guessing the hours dont align at the moment.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by jrfsp320
The QF intl lounge has reopened but guessing the hours dont align at the moment.
Seems so, on check-in on Friday night there are about 5 or 6 late evening QF coded flights but all codeshares, none were QF operated. It looked like the Plaza Premium was open if you want to pay. I did wonder if we should be given a voucher or something for the lack of a lounge, it's a chunky J class ticket price and I needed somewhere to do some work and to be honest, I really needed a wash. To top it off it was an old 777 without the Q Suite as well. Just not my day really.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
First time flyer with QR. Not impressed with telephone customer service …and the web site keeps churning.

I’m flying LAX-DOH-CPT … and then returning from JNB. I booked “I” fare, which allows lounge access.

1. Which lounge does QR use LAX?
2. Is there a lounge in JNB?
3. I keep getting notifications to buy an upgrade to the AS first lounge. But when I try to do that, it just spins and spins and spins and never moves forward. Is there an opportunity to buy up? And if so, what’s thought to be a reasonable fee? I have a six hour layover in Doha.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
What’s the situation at BKK now? Very nice QR lounge, shame to see it wasting away closed. As of last November, QR were sending J pax to the D Miracle Lounge, shared by most airlines, though that was very early days of Thailand reopening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.