Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:43 pm

Programs: MPC Gold
Originally Posted by dmatthew
Will be flying out in early April 2019 on QR from MNL in J. On Qatar's website it states that we will have to use the Terminal 1 lounge but when I checked the QR office here in MNL, it states that I will be flying out of Terminal 3. Does this mean I will have access to CX's lounge? Has anyone flown out of Terminal 3 ln QR lately?
A colleague of mine flew out of MNL two weeks ago and Qatar Airways now flies out of NAIA Terminal 3 and the lounge that they use is the Delta Airlines lounge (pictures attached).

Just find it a little strange that CX, which is a OneWorld partner, is not the lounge that Qatar J passengers have access to.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
The CX lounge already gets pretty full so they may not have had the capacity to have CX be the designated lounge for QR flights. Of course, QR J passengers and/or Oneworld Sapphire/Emerald can access the CX lounge when on QR flights. But lots of people don't know that so it doesn't impact the space issue in the CX lounge. In fact when I did it a few weeks ago they acted like I was the first guy who ever asked. At first they were reluctant to let me in but then they looked up the rules and passed me through. CX will probably hate me for drawing attention to this. But it is a much better lounge than the Delta one (Pacific Club), as long as you can find a place to sit.
dmatthew likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: MPC Gold
Awesome info. Thanks for this!!
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:08 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by arabiamark
The CX lounge already gets pretty full so they may not have had the capacity to have CX be the designated lounge for QR flights. Of course, QR J passengers and/or Oneworld Sapphire/Emerald can access the CX lounge when on QR flights. But lots of people don't know that so it doesn't impact the space issue in the CX lounge. In fact when I did it a few weeks ago they acted like I was the first guy who ever asked. At first they were reluctant to let me in but then they looked up the rules and passed me through. CX will probably hate me for drawing attention to this. But it is a much better lounge than the Delta one (Pacific Club), as long as you can find a place to sit.
This is great info. So arriving into T2 on BA (& Departing CDG T1 on QR Business) will mean I can access CX Lounge at T2? I assume arriving & departing pax share the same part of the Terminal?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:14 pm

CGK Terminal 3

Any information on which lounge QR will use in Terminal 3 starting from April 22? https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...bile_site=true
Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:15 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bchang
Any information on which lounge QR will use in Terminal 3 starting from April 22? https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...bile_site=true
Plaza Premium Lounge Sapphire seems very likely unless they strike some sort of a deal with Garuda on using the Garuda Lounge.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I am One World Emerald and have a QR flight in J coming up from SIN.

Anyone know which lounges I will have access to
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Agent69
I am One World Emerald and have a QR flight in J coming up from SIN.

Anyone know which lounges I will have access to
https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=SIN

I would recommend the Qantas lounge if it's open at the time you're in the airport (14:30-23:00).
Cathay lounge is in Terminal 4 which is not accessible if you're not flying from that terminal.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by quinzinho
https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=SIN

I would recommend the Qantas lounge if it's open at the time you're in the airport (14:30-23:00).
Cathay lounge is in Terminal 4 which is not accessible if you're not flying from that terminal.
Thanks for that.

My flight is at 21:30, so looks like the Qantas lounge it is.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Agent69
Thanks for that.

My flight is at 21:30, so looks like the Qantas lounge it is.
Until about 8pm, the Qantas lounge usually turns away non Qantas passengers due to capacity issues. Since the A380 returned to fly to London via Singapore, the lounge is really too small.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:46 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Whilst the food in the Qantas lounge is better, The BA lounge is far more relaxing
nivsy likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Until about 8pm, the Qantas lounge usually turns away non Qantas passengers due to capacity issues. Since the A380 returned to fly to London via Singapore, the lounge is really too small.
Well, I've entered at least 20 times on an MH ticket. Never been turned away. Just give it a try.
User Name likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Well, I've entered at least 20 times on an MH ticket. Never been turned away. Just give it a try.
​​​​​​
Also in the peak time, after the A380 came back to Singapore?

I used the lounge a lot before they started limiting the lounge at certain peak times.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​
Also in the peak time, after the A380 came back to Singapore?

I used the lounge a lot before they started limiting the lounge at certain peak times.
Yes, same here - early evenings, recently. Given it’s right next to the BA one anyway then the poster should definitely give accessing QF a go. I’ve never been turned away either.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
First flight on Qatar is next month. Flight 702 9pm departure in J from JFK. Am I understanding (from Qatar website) that we will get Admiral's Club access in JFK? I was hoping for BA or Flagship, but I guess BA is closed that late and AA Flagship is off limits. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.