Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Old Mar 11, 2017, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
DELHI

choice of the ITC or the Premium Plaza* - both on level 1 above the duty free section.

*unsure if I got 2 choices due to being a OWE or not. nevertheless, I would not waste my time here. Just arrive as close as possible to departure time.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by d3vski
DELHI

choice of the ITC or the Premium Plaza* - both on level 1 above the duty free section.

*unsure if I got 2 choices due to being a OWE or not. nevertheless, I would not waste my time here. Just arrive as close as possible to departure time.
Yeah, the DEL lounges are pretty dire.

Mind you, there are in fact two Plaza Premiums - one at the A lounges next to ITC (which I guess is the one you visited) and the other is at the B lounges on 4th floor IIRC. Your QR invite will allow you access to any of those three lounges.

The Plaza Premium at B lounges is vastly superior in my opinion with better choice of food plus a live cooking station. It's still not particularly memorable - but more worthy of a visit than the other two.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Originally Posted by purple1addict
Yeah, the DEL lounges are pretty dire.

Mind you, there are in fact two Plaza Premiums - one at the A lounges next to ITC (which I guess is the one you visited) and the other is at the B lounges on 4th floor IIRC. Your QR invite will allow you access to any of those three lounges.

The Plaza Premium at B lounges is vastly superior in my opinion with better choice of food plus a live cooking station. It's still not particularly memorable - but more worthy of a visit than the other two.
Your right, I've been to that one as well on when travelling on BA....totally forgot about that one but again I would not waste too much time there either and it's a schlepp from the departure area.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 8:02 am

Borg El Arab (HBE) First class lounge that has nobody there, no food or drinks, but a clean bathroom.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:30 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Addis Ababa

Apologies if ADD has been covered before but didnt see it. QR flies into ADD into terminal 1 which is the domestic lounge. This creates confusion sometimes with pick ups who automatically go to the International terminal (T2)...especially at 1230 or so at night.

The lounge on departure is up the stairs on the left and is the Cloud 9, Ethiopian Airlines (Star Alliance) lounge. I didnt fancy food poisoning so skipped the food offerings and had a glass of water. The wifi was rubbish but they had Sky News on.

There were no queues at all in the airport on departure and there are 5 check in desks to choose from. (Apparently the reason for the T1 usage is they can only have 2 desks to utilise in the International terminal).
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Sitting currently in Frankfurt Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge and they have excellent Sachertorte here. Just double checked if it is really FRA and not VIE
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by kt74
See 10 posts up

The PP lounge may be underwhelming, but the MH lounge is not much better

Depends which QR flight. For the late night and morning QR flights, the MH bar is closed. And for the 2am flight, the catering in the MH lounge has been all cleared away. So you get the ripped seats, but without the Chardonnay, and only whatever leftover hotplate food hasn't been eaten from earlier in the evening - it's not replenished. Mmmm...
I was on the 2am QR flight out of KUL. Had 6 hours to kill before flight and I have yet to get Plaza Premium Lounge invite so I thought I can lounge hop a bit on MH Regional, MH Satellite and CX lounge first while waiting for QR transfer desk to open.
MH Regional Lounge agent refused to let me enter the regional lounge stating that MH regional lounge closes by midnight and QR departs from satellite terminal so I need to use the MH satellite lounge. He also added that QR will be unhappy if MH charge them for my entry to the regional lounge and then the satellite lounge.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 5:01 am

Programs: The Embassy
Originally Posted by tingtongbells
QR will be unhappy if MH charge them for my entry to the regional lounge and then the satellite lounge.
Sure they will, but they'll also cope. I've done a whole bunch of different OW lounges in HKG before.
Old May 31, 2017, 3:45 pm
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
A brief search on mobile didn't turn up with anything fruitful so thought I'd ask for an opinion on the QR J lounge at LHR and CDG - is the CDG lounge on par with the LHR lounge? Looking to redeem an award ticket ex-CDG and using Avios to position from LHR-CDG as it seems like there never are any non-2x award tickets available for LHR. If it's worth the effort then I will take CDG, if not I'll be taking the opportunity to visit several other EU airports I haven't visited much ie MUC.

Also if it isn't obvious enough already I'm trying to hop onto one of QR's A350s.
Old May 31, 2017, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by zsc
A brief search on mobile didn't turn up with anything fruitful so thought I'd ask for an opinion on the QR J lounge at LHR and CDG - is the CDG lounge on par with the LHR lounge? Looking to redeem an award ticket ex-CDG and using Avios to position from LHR-CDG as it seems like there never are any non-2x award tickets available for LHR. If it's worth the effort then I will take CDG, if not I'll be taking the opportunity to visit several other EU airports I haven't visited much ie MUC.

Also if it isn't obvious enough already I'm trying to hop onto one of QR's A350s.
zsc take a look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...-opened-2.html and possibly the last few posts on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...-lounge-3.html.

With regard to the A350 from MUC QR have leased LATAM A350s for that route. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ch-2017-a.html for details.
Do be aware that equipment swaps are still more common than is desirable and you could be disappointed.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:25 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Originally Posted by remdk
zsc take a look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...-opened-2.html and possibly the last few posts on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...-lounge-3.html.

With regard to the A350 from MUC QR have leased LATAM A350s for that route. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ch-2017-a.html for details.
Do be aware that equipment swaps are still more common than is desirable and you could be disappointed.
Thanks! Have been looking for other options such as FRA/ZRH/GVA but I'm not sure which to go for since I want to be able to check out a nice lounge at the same time. Probably will just end up with CDG since it's one of QR's own lounges.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by zsc
Thanks! Have been looking for other options such as FRA/ZRH/GVA but I'm not sure which to go for since I want to be able to check out a nice lounge at the same time. Probably will just end up with CDG since it's one of QR's own lounges.
In FRA you would have almost certainely - if we can say this with QR - an A350 and a not too bad lounge with AC's Maple Leaf lounge, although this one cannot compare to the QR lounges at LHR and CDG.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Best J lounge to use LHR & HKG?

Simple question really, but the Wiki doesn't have a link to the LHR lounge.

Which is the nicest lounge in LHR and HKG for a J passenger (no guesting required)? It looks like I have a choice of 2 lounges in LHR, and it looks like one is much better than the other, but is it? (And same for HKG!)
Old Jun 11, 2017, 7:37 am

At LHR, the QR Premium lounge is the best one.

At HKG, the Pier J is the best but it might not be so close to the gate for the QR flight.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Thanks. Strangely(?) the QR website only lists the Plaza Premium lounge in HKG, but I think I've used the Pier before (with BA). I probably shan't have long anyway, so I'll pick the closest.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.