Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2011, 9:10 pm

For once, especially from my U.S. friends, I would like to know what would compel you to fly a Middle Eastern Airline as EY, EK, QR? Serious responses, only please. Flaming not necessary!!!
Old Nov 13, 2011, 12:09 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
For once, especially from my U.S. friends, I would like to know what would compel you to fly a Middle Eastern Airline as EY, EK, QR? Serious responses, only please. Flaming not necessary!!!
This really isn't the appropriate forum for this question in my opinion; there are other more general threads about the service quality of these three airlines versus European, Asian, or U.S. carriers. Suffice it to say that the on-board experience of QR, EK, or EY is leaps and bounds ahead, in every respect (seat, food, alcohol selection, service, entertainment, amenities, etc.), of U.S. carriers. Though I must say that I prefer the frequent flier programs and customer service on the ground of U.S. carriers, especially United.

The list in this thread should also give you an example of the differences. QR lounges are better in every respect than nearly any Red Carpet Club or Delta Club I have ever seen.
noneemac and bundubasher like this.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 1:51 am

At JFK its the Flagship Lounge, not the Ghetto Admirals Club, which is often crowded.

ThE Flagship Lounge is American's First Class (if can call it that) lounge. Your QR boarding pass, J class, gets you in. In fact the QR flight usually leaves at the gate closest to the Flagship lounge.

I absolutely detest American Airlines, though I can understand why QR moved here.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
Does anyone know which lounge QR are using in CEB?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Starbucks Gold, CO Op gold
Abu Dhabi uses Al Reem Lounge, which is also shared by priority pass as well as some credit cards, and you can pay to use this lounge as well
Old Dec 14, 2011, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
I understand Qatar is using the Air France La premiere lounge in CDG for F pax. Is that located in terminal 1 or is it the big AF lounge in terminal 2E (quite far away).

Is the CDG lounge anything special?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
I was in the lounge in November, it is small but comfortable. The Air France La premiere is situated inside the Terminal One building, just take the lift to the lounge. The lounge is nothing special and the only food on offer was some biscuits and dry nuts. Sandwiches were sadly missing, however it did have a good selection of beverages. I got in on my silver membership. I did see two first passengers at checking, but they were not in the lounge. Maybe Qatar makes use of Salon Premiere for F pax in Terminal One.

Last edited by lightyear40; Dec 14, 2011 at 9:45 am
Old Dec 14, 2011, 9:54 am

Thanks for your answer lightyear. So if I understand you correctly there is a difference between AF La Premiere and Salon Premiere?

I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks and give you the final answer
Old Jan 8, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Fan2502
Frankfurt

QR is now using concourse C more and more. After UA's RCC was closed some time ago, there is no lounge at all. QR now uses the LUXX Lounge formaly known as AA's Admirals Club. This is also the Priority Pass lounge at FRA Terminal 1.

I never used this lounge because it is land side. Like at many airports you never know how long it takes to clear passport control and security and in my case I have to get my stamps for tax refund too.

I hate it.

So....absolutely useless.
I realize this post is only 6 months old, but are there any more recent experiences in FRA? The original list on this thread says an LH lounge (but doesnt specify which), this post says Luxx, someone else posted Cathay Lounge on another thread.
As a transfer passenger, is there a Qatar transfer desk inside security where I can receive credentials? Or will I have to go land side?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: BAEC, QF.
MAD?

Which lounge in MAD if flying QR in C to DOH?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by studyolic
Which lounge in MAD if flying QR in C to DOH?
It was the Cibeles lounge, but not sure if that is still the case. http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/143188/
Interesting looking at some of these old business class photographs. Certainly wish the amenity kit was still available, because the current one is quiet poor.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 5:35 am

I have finally completed my long awaited trip Paris-Doha-Paris and can tell you that the lounge used in Paris is operated by Air France. It is called "La Première", meaning first, but is available to both business and first class.

The lounge is nothing special, it's even crap for a first class passenger. Access is via an elevator, you get out it wat seems to be a dodgy hallway.

The lounge is tiny, some alchohol is served, plenty of non-alcoholic drinks. Food offering are below standard: left over croissant from breakfast (at 1PM) and tiny sandwiches. Only positive I could find was the excellent working wifi.

Step up your game Qatari!

Old Jan 11, 2012, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Years and Years and Years ago CP (Canadian Airlines) used to use that lounge. It is really a crap lounge. Almost better to stay in the terminal.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 6:37 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
The lounge of an Ibis hotel even is far nicer than that, it looks more like a village hall...
Old Jan 11, 2012, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by SAN 1K
I realize this post is only 6 months old, but are there any more recent experiences in FRA? The original list on this thread says an LH lounge (but doesnt specify which), this post says Luxx, someone else posted Cathay Lounge on another thread.
As a transfer passenger, is there a Qatar transfer desk inside security where I can receive credentials? Or will I have to go land side?
Last time flying out of FRA I used a different flight (around 15h00) and was lucky to get an B40ish gate and could use the LH Lounge at the east end of the Y shaped pier.

So when QR leaves from the C concourse it will be LUXX (landside) and from B concourse LH Business (airside).

CX lounges are not used for sure because CX flies out of Terminal 2.

Sorry, cannot report about transfer desks because my trips end/start at FRA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.