Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2011, 4:18 am

Are Silver members allowed to use these lounges? How about the ORYX Lounge in DOHA, Do Silver members need to pay the lounge fee?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:10 pm

Hi,

I just became silver member with QA and am flying from Singapore this Friday. Will I be able to use the Sats lounge?

Thanks
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by lightyear40
I think it is the TD First Class Lounge, but still not sure.
I just got confirmation from QR that it's the TD lounge at YUL airport
Old Aug 3, 2011, 3:45 pm

Greetings,

An update on the business class lounge at DPS (Bali). Provided lounge pass which was for the "Prada" lounge. I then asked if I could use the Premier Lounge. (This is the nicest lounge at the airport, on the second floor with the outside patio). They said no problem, just present the lounge pass a the Premier lounge desk. This was the case, with no problem to use the Premier lounge. Summary: At DPS, business class can use either the Prada or Permier lounge.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Abu Dhabi anyone?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:31 pm

Does anyone know what lounge QR uses in OSL?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by railways
Does anyone know what lounge QR uses in OSL?
Not sure, but I assume it is the OSL-Lounge which is a service for non-Star Alliance airlines.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 3:33 am

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Not sure, but I assume it is the OSL-Lounge which is a service for non-Star Alliance airlines.
Yes it is - you´ll find the enterance for the OSL-lounge just opposite from the dutyfree-exit, up the elevator/stairs and across the bridge. It´s fairly ok.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 4:27 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
I'm not sure, but it seems in Bangkok, the other Thai lounge is now used. When I went to the Orchid lounge, they re-directed me to the Silk lounge. This was in September.

TBH, I'm not sure which was meant to be nicer, as they both seemed fairly comparable...
Old Nov 9, 2011, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by InternationalLiving
I'm not sure, but it seems in Bangkok, the other Thai lounge is now used. When I went to the Orchid lounge, they re-directed me to the Silk lounge. This was in September.

TBH, I'm not sure which was meant to be nicer, as they both seemed fairly comparable...
I thought the Silk Lounge was for first class passsengers only. QR don't offer first to and from Bangkok. When I travelled from Bangkok last month I was given a pass for the Orchid Lounge. The time before I went to the Silk lounge in error and was redirected to the Orchid. No complaints; very acceptable.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 5:43 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
Originally Posted by Nuff Said
I thought the Silk Lounge was for first class passsengers only. QR don't offer first to and from Bangkok. When I travelled from Bangkok last month I was given a pass for the Orchid Lounge. The time before I went to the Silk lounge in error and was redirected to the Orchid. No complaints; very acceptable.
I know, so strange. But I went in the Orchid one before, and I definitely went into a different one this past time, having been redirected from the orchid one. Whereas the Orchid lounge has the food in a little room, the Silk one has the food and drink in an elevated section of the main lounge area. But as I say, it didn't seem like there was all that much difference...
Old Nov 9, 2011, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by InternationalLiving
I know, so strange. But I went in the Orchid one before, and I definitely went into a different one this past time, having been redirected from the orchid one. Whereas the Orchid lounge has the food in a little room, the Silk one has the food and drink in an elevated section of the main lounge area. But as I say, it didn't seem like there was all that much difference...
I think they have swapped them over. When I was there in April and again last month it definitely wasn't the same Orchid lounge as the one I had used several times previously.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
It's notable that QR does not have any of its own lounges outside DOH, does it? Contrasted with EK, for example. Even Oman Air has its own lounge at BKK.

I saw one consequence of this today at BKK: at the EK transit desk, there was a sign inviting F/C/Gold passengers to receive their boarding passes at the Emirates lounge, while I was waiting 40 minutes for the single inept agent at the QR transit desk.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Trying to put a list together of Qatars Airways one hundred lounges. Any help or corrections will be appreciated.

1. Stockholm-Menzies
2. Hong Kong-Travellers
3. Bangkok-Thai Orchid normally but Silk has also been used
4. Singapore- Sats Premier
5. Kuala Lumpur-Golden
6. Paris- Salon Premiere
7. Frankfurt-LH Business lounge/luxx lounge
8. London Heathrow- Sky Team Lounge
9. Bejing-BGS
10.JFK- Admirals Club
11.Cape Town- BIDAir Hospitality Lounge
12.Manila-Delta’s Sky Club
13.Siagon-Rose Lounge
14.Geneva-Swissport
15.Bombay-Clipper
16.Shanghai-Lounge 69
17.Columbo-Araliya
18.Manchester-Escape
19.Bucharest-Airport Business
20.Istanbul-British Airways Terrace
21.Stuttgart British Airways Executive Club
23.Houston - The Executive Lounge
24.Bangalore- (Bengaluru) - VIP Lounge
25.Casablanca- Salon Le Casablanca Lounge
26.Amman- Crown Lounge
27.Bahrain-Dilmun Lounge
28.Ahmedabad- Port Lounge
29.Athens- Swissport
30.Lagos-ASL Africa
31.Dar-Es-Salaam-Tanzanite
32.Guangzhou-VIP
33.Kozhikode-Airport Executive Lounge
34.Nairobi-First class loung
35.Osaka- KAL
36.Hyderabad-Plaza Premium Lounge
37.Seoul-KAL
38.Islamabad VIP
39.Phuket, Thailand - Coral Lounge
40.Copenhagen-The newly opened CPH Apartment (hosted by Novia)
41.Barcelona-Aena (Miro, Sala Dali, Colomer or Pau Casals?)
42.Dammam-First class lounge
43.Cairo- First class lounge
44.Munich-LH Senator/Business Lounges
45.Riyadh-First class lounge
46.Peshawar-CAA Executive Lounge
47.Denpasar-Premier Lounge or Prada lounge (prem lounge more comfortable)
48.Kathmandu-Radisson Hotel Kathmandu operates an executive lounge
49.Chennai-Le Royal Meridien
50.Dhaka-VIP
51.Kochi- first class premium lounge
52.Karachi- VIP
53.Damascus-VIP
54.Jeddah-First Class Lounge
55.Lahore-CIP
56.Venice-Marco Polo Sala VIP
57.Melbourne-Air NZ Lounge
58.Moscow-S7 Business Class Lounge
59.Beirut-Ceder Lounge
60.Montreal-TD First Class Lounge
61.Oslo OSL-Lounge
62. Dubai-F Lounge
The AF lounge you list is exclusively for IFC passengers. There are a bunch of additional AF lounges in CDG Terminal 2. I suspect that these would be used by Qatar at least for most passengers.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 12:25 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
It seems Qatar Airways privilege club customer service have confirmed that First class and gold members can enjoy the facilities of the Air France- Salon Premiere Lounge in Paris.
What lounge business class passengers and silver privilege card holders use is a mystery. Any clues?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.