Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR: 2-for-1 offer (Y only) booking only on April 6 & 7

QR: 2-for-1 offer (Y only) booking only on April 6 & 7

Old Apr 12, 11, 10:28 pm

Programs: QR
Strange of QR as you will always have a transit in Doha when flying QR but when you book as to Dubai a return cost you 410 but if you book to Doha it will cost you 565 which is why Im flying EK.

Been with QR many time from LGW and plane was almost empty!
Old Apr 13, 11, 12:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
If you select return after June 1st, there won't be any flight to LGW anymore, the system is pushing you on the logical alternative.
Old Apr 13, 11, 2:43 am

Is this the biggest con of the century?

It appears that they are basing their 2to1 on the highest possible economy fare. On the search I looked at (DXB to LHR) buying 2 restrcited economy tickets was much cheaper.
Old Apr 13, 11, 4:34 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
I read somewhere that you can earn miles on this promo but cant seem to find it anymore?

OMG the website is horrid.
I paid for my tickets, was selecting seats, and once I confirmed. It timed out. So now I can't get back to selecting my seats!!!

And they don't have a 24 hour hotline.

Not very impressed with this self titled 5 Star airline!!

Last edited by lsed; Apr 13, 11 at 10:08 am
Old Apr 13, 11, 10:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Prices out of OTP seem to be very good, very good for MR:
- OTP-MEL 883 EUR/pax, 35% off normal price, 4.7cpm
- OTP-HKT 553 EUR/pax, 38% off normal price, 5.2cpm
- OTP-MNL 666 EUR/pax, 41% off normal price, 5.1cpm
- OTP-SGN 527 EUR/pax, 37% off normal price, 4.5cpm
- OTP-HKG 480 EUR/pax, 35% off normal price, 4.0cpm

Should be even better from other European cities like BRU, MUC, BCN!
Old Apr 13, 11, 10:31 am

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by lsed View Post

OMG the website is horrid.
I paid for my tickets, was selecting seats, and once I confirmed. It timed out. So now I can't get back to selecting my seats!!!

And they don't have a 24 hour hotline.

Not very impressed with this self titled 5 Star airline!!
Unlucky about it timing out, their 5 stars are from skytrax ratings (i did a course on it the other day lol)
Old Apr 13, 11, 10:41 am

I'm afraid, there is not such a 2x1 offer...

Prices are exactly the same as they were yesterday as I checked it on return flight MAD DXB. No special offer, no client! I will fly Emirates on non stop flight even if I do not get q-miles!

I feel cheated
Old Apr 13, 11, 10:52 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by fredandgingermad View Post
Unlucky about it timing out, their 5 stars are from skytrax ratings (i did a course on it the other day lol)

Well there are seven five-star airlines but they choose to call themselves the "World's 5-star airline"...

Honestly I'm really annoyed. Because the office here is not open, I'm waiting past my bed time trying to get through to the US hotline, and I've been on the hold for 45 mins and counting. I actually went to shower while having the phone on hold.
I understand that today would probably experience high call volume, but I'm really annoyed that I had to go through this.

So if it turns out the seats are not selected, how am I going to choose the good ones if I can't even see what's available?
Have I been spoilt by SQ and EK?

EDIT: Ok so the call went through after 50 mins, and guess what my seats are not selected

Anyways, for those booking - do select your seats after you pay and if you're going to take long, confirm it first then return to make amendments.

If you want to see your seat selection after that you can log in to www.checkmytrip.com and enter your booking reference and last name.
You can't amend from that site though, only view the seats.

Last edited by lsed; Apr 13, 11 at 11:18 am
Old Apr 13, 11, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
I've only flown with Qatar out of the 7 so couldn't comment :-) (selling point i guess)

Unfortunate about the holding times, hope you've managed to sort your seats!
Old Apr 15, 11, 11:22 am

Programs: CX, NZ
Originally Posted by ec-bar View Post
I'm afraid, there is not such a 2x1 offer...

Prices are exactly the same as they were yesterday as I checked it on return flight MAD DXB. No special offer, no client! I will fly Emirates on non stop flight even if I do not get q-miles!

I feel cheated
I also noticed the same problem of doubling counting base fares from this promotion, when booking tickets ex-HKG. And it's not actually very cheap considering that May & June are low seasons.
Old Jul 15, 11, 1:31 am

So I flew this promotion back in May. Has anyone received their tier miles for this?

I've submitted my request for my Qpoints 2 weeks ago and still nada.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?
Old Jul 30, 11, 7:36 am

So one month after submitting my request for my Qmiles and Qpoints I received this reply:

We regret to inform you that, we are unable to credit miles for your below flight:

Flight Number : QR65
Flight Date : 21.05.2011
Origin : Doha International Airport
Destination :Barcelona
Ticket Number : XXXXXXXXXX
Reason for rejection : Ticket,boarding pass not provided

For future travel, please remember to provide your Privilege Club membership number at time of reservation and check-in. This will enable us to track your Qmiles automatically.

For further queries, please write to [email protected]

Sincerely,
Privilege Club Team
www.qmiles.com

I had my PC account linked to my booking and it was acknowledged when I checked in.
Secondly I submitted everything that was requested when I did the claim.

Is Qatar trying to pull a fast one on me?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: