Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Airways Eliminating First Class Cabins from Some New Aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2010, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JGC Premier, One World Emerald

Bloomberg: Qatar Airways, the carrier with the biggest backlog of aircraft orders, is eliminating first class cabins from some of the planes scheduled for delivery.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aES6Qlgbuzss
Old Mar 11, 2010, 1:38 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus, QR Privillege Club, BA Executive Club, LHW Leaders Club
In my opinion the big news in this story is not that they will remove the First class but that they will introduce a new Business class in 2011. Very exciting indeed!

//11450
Old Mar 11, 2010, 6:08 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by 11450
In my opinion the big news in this story is not that they will remove the First class but that they will introduce a new Business class in 2011. Very exciting indeed!
//11450
Coincidentally, the first 787 will arrive in September next year. Perhaps the new cabin will be introduced in the 787.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I think very soon QR will follow the path of their neighbour airline Gulf Air and drop First class out of the whole fleet.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 4:54 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I would like to book LHR - DOH- DAC for November 2010 in A, but how can I be sure first class cabin will still be present? Should I check with QR themselves or can anyone provide more details?
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:24 am

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by The Wolf
I would like to book LHR - DOH- DAC for November 2010 in A, but how can I be sure first class cabin will still be present? Should I check with QR themselves or can anyone provide more details?
I doubt QR will remove FC from the LHR DOH route... unless EK does the same!

Removing FC cabin from aircrafts that are scheduled for delivery does not necessarily mean that existing routes with FC service would be affected. It probably just means that they are reviewing the need of FC on future routes.

Comparing QR with GF does make much sense, QR's reference competitor is EK, not GF.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 7:50 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
I doubt QR will remove FC from the LHR DOH route... unless EK does the same!

Removing FC cabin from aircrafts that are scheduled for delivery does not necessarily mean that existing routes with FC service would be affected. It probably just means that they are reviewing the need of FC on future routes.

Comparing QR with GF does make much sense, QR's reference competitor is EK, not GF.

It's just that I read they would be elimininating FC from the A340 as well "in the future".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.