Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

ARN-DOH-BKK approx 8hrs what to to at night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2010, 2:30 am
Original Poster

There is very nice prices going ARN-DOH-BKK/SIN at the moment.

But I realize that on the return I arrive 23:ish something at DOH and the metal to ARN dep at 8:ish in the morning. How are the 5 star airline think here? Do they hand out a sleepingbag and kindly allow me to sleep on the tarmac?

Seriously, there is a long night wait here. Any ideas, folks?
Old Jan 23, 2010, 9:05 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by freeman300
There is very nice prices going ARN-DOH-BKK/SIN at the moment.

But I realize that on the return I arrive 23:ish something at DOH and the metal to ARN dep at 8:ish in the morning. How are the 5 star airline think here? Do they hand out a sleepingbag and kindly allow me to sleep on the tarmac?

Seriously, there is a long night wait here. Any ideas, folks?
It depends on what the -ish is! LOL SOmetimes depending on your ticket, you are entitled to a free night's stay at a hotel if your transit time is more than 8 hours (8 hours 1 minute). Otherwise, you can head out to the city to spend your time there.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 1:15 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by QatarA340
It depends on what the -ish is! LOL SOmetimes depending on your ticket, you are entitled to a free night's stay at a hotel if your transit time is more than 8 hours (8 hours 1 minute). Otherwise, you can head out to the city to spend your time there.
The free night is only for Business class and higher. And even then, it's only certain fares.
If you are traveling Business/First class, the lounge is very nice. Extremely quiet overnight though there are no long couches to sleep on. Breakfast opens early too. There is also internet and a game room.
I don't know if there is a lounge for economy.

You have the option of purchasing a hotel room as well. Different prices for the different flight cabins.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 4:32 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Gold, Singapore air Kris flyer,Emirates Silver, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
The free night is only for Business class and higher. And even then, it's only certain fares.
If you are traveling Business/First class, the lounge is very nice. Extremely quiet overnight though there are no long couches to sleep on. Breakfast opens early too. There is also internet and a game room.
I don't know if there is a lounge for economy.

You have the option of purchasing a hotel room as well. Different prices for the different flight cabins.
the free night is not only for Business class. Economy class passengers can have too, if their departure point includes that. Its very easy to know if you can get the free night or not. In your fare basis check if you have the suffix 9 at the end of your fare basis. If not then you have to pay for it. QR has a very strange policy in this regard, even if you pay the highest fare in First class from Tunis for instance to Tokyo you cant get the free night although the transit in Doha is for 20 hours. If you take the same route but you start from Tripoli, which will be in business class with a much lower fare you can get the free night. Really strange but its QR
Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:16 am

13 hours

For me, I'll be having a 13s hours transit in DOH. I'll be flying in business class, and I was informed that QR doesn't provide me with accomodation. But how is that possible?? Isn't IATA regulation to provide passengers with free accomodation wherever transit is over 8 hours??
Old Feb 10, 2010, 1:28 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by zhoux
For me, I'll be having a 13s hours transit in DOH. I'll be flying in business class, and I was informed that QR doesn't provide me with accomodation. But how is that possible?? Isn't IATA regulation to provide passengers with free accomodation wherever transit is over 8 hours??
Well, your ticket was probably the lowest possible fare from business class--one of the fares that QR does not provide free accomodation.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 4:14 am

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
Is it first available scheduled connection? The facility is applicable only on certain itineraries or routes.

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/stop-over.html
Old Feb 10, 2010, 6:08 am

unfortunately, according to QR office in Jakarta, for flights ex CGK, Qatar does not provide free transit hotel *sigh* .. very cruel of them, letting me and my old parents 13 hours in the airport.
Is the famous lounge in the premium terminal can be a bit of consolation?
Old Feb 10, 2010, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by kataka
Is it first available scheduled connection? The facility is applicable only on certain itineraries or routes.

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/stop-over.html
yes, it is, the first availabe connection.. and it's not applicable for the routes i'm taking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.