Qantas Relaunches ISCAH

http://www.qantas.com.au/flash/miniS..._2009_TVC.html

Cheers
Old Aug 21, 2009, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Thanks for that -lots of sand ...
Old Aug 21, 2009, 10:17 am

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Oh dear god. Please tell me they are not going to have it again as the 'hold' music QF NB on the phone system. I'm likely to go on another axe rampage if they make me listen to that for hours on end again !
Old Aug 21, 2009, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
I can't access it as the Qantas site seems to be down, in the UK at least.

Edit: Now working.

Last edited by ian001; Aug 21, 2009 at 3:06 pm
Old Aug 21, 2009, 8:31 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
Oh dear god. Please tell me they are not going to have it again as the 'hold' music QF NB on the phone system. I'm likely to go on another axe rampage if they make me listen to that for hours on end again !
let's not forget, the company is run by an Irishman....
Old Aug 21, 2009, 10:14 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
I detest both the old and new version of this ad. I wonder if QF decided to redo it, or if the ad agency simply couldn't think of anything new so said ".... it, let's just redo the same ad and charge them a shitload for it".

I don't think the ad really reflects the "spirit of australia" in 2009 at all.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 10:25 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
It could be worse - such as the "hold" music that you hear on CX (Oz phone number) "I can fly....". I wish she would - a long way away. Dreadful dreary singer.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 6:40 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by justin_krusty
I detest both the old and new version of this ad. I wonder if QF decided to redo it, or if the ad agency simply couldn't think of anything new so said ".... it, let's just redo the same ad and charge them a shitload for it".

I don't think the ad really reflects the "spirit of australia" in 2009 at all.
No, QF actually commissioned the ad.

Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
I'm likely to go on another axe rampage

The great thing about the ad is that a lot is filmed at the Bungle Bungles and QF doesn't fly anywhere near it. Oh, and they stopped flying to anywhere near the Great Wall as well. Oh, and did I mention Paris??
Old Aug 22, 2009, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
The great thing about the ad is that a lot is filmed at the Bungle Bungles and QF doesn't fly anywhere near it. Oh, and they stopped flying to anywhere near the Great Wall as well. Oh, and did I mention Paris??
My thoughts exactly.....glad to see I'm not the only person who picked this up ....although in a technical sense, you can fly a Qantas *marketed* flight to PEK through a codeshare with the fabulous (not) MU via PVG.....and lets not forget the codeshares with the airline that epitomises style (or lack thereof...) AF to CDG.....

However, I do like the ISCAH ads.....I don't know why, but the ads instill a sense of pride and patriotism and makes me want to fly QF especially when returning from a trip abroad.

Although (on a completely different tangent), on my trip to PEK, I chose to go CX than to subject myself to the delights of MU via PVG....
Old Aug 22, 2009, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Overall a pretty poor ad, not to mention the singing in it was pretty ropey at the best of times.

As DUF rightly pointed out, there is a certain irony that QF no longer goes to many of the destinations featured in the ad.

I must admit that I am starting to get sick of the ISCAH music, although considering QF ensured many years ago that they obtained all the rights to the music, it's pretty fair that they would want to get the maximum bang for their buck.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 10:35 am

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Originally Posted by Platinum A332
....and lets not forget the codeshares with the airline that epitomises style (or lack thereof...) AF to CDG.....
Exactly !

But as these ads. are all about suckering Aussies into flying with QF by stirring up contrived notions of nationalism and belonging via some of the most basic, 1930's style propaganda (singing kids in uniforms extolling the virtues of the fatherland etc) we can hardly be surprised that there is some serious poetic licence being employed can we ?!?

But hey, seems to have worked on Platinum A332
Originally Posted by Platinum A332
I don't know why, but the ads instill a sense of pride and patriotism and makes me want to fly QF especially when returning from a trip abroad.

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Aug 22, 2009 at 12:09 pm
Old Aug 22, 2009, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
FWIW, the You Tube version posted by QF seems infinitely higher quality (i.e. less compression used in the encoding):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8eVlvDHLSU
Old Aug 22, 2009, 7:09 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
As an addendum to the observation regarding the images of cities qf doesn't fly to, you may recall that the original Peter allen version starts with "from new York to rio...". The original qf ad changed that to "from new York to Rome...." since qf didn't fly to rio. Now they don't fly to Rome anymore either.

Now this version of the ad replaces the beginning of the song with an aboriginal translation so as not to mention any of the cities that qf doesn't fly to anymore.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 7:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer

It's just an advert and QF has never actually claimed in the adverts to serve the locations shown

Dave
Old Aug 22, 2009, 7:50 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
It's just an advert and QF has never actually claimed in the adverts to serve the locations shown

Dave
True but isn't it ironic? And what if there was a mcdonalds feel good brand ad that showed images of gourmet food. They never claim it's their food. I think that would be considered wrong too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.