Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF 11 to LAX on 26 September 2009.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2009, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF, EK & LH.
Question QF 11 to LAX on 26 September 2009.

Hi

This is my first time so please be gentle. I'm booked on QF 11 to LAX on 26/09/09 and have been allocated 66k. I know it's a window seat but I'm on the big side and was wondering if it's worth purchasing an exit seat for the trip?
Many thanks for any suggestions. BTW does anyone know the loading on this flight so far?

Cheers

Oryx
Old Aug 16, 2009, 2:38 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by oryx
Hi

This is my first time so please be gentle. I'm booked on QF 11 to LAX on 26/09/09 and have been allocated 66k. I know it's a window seat but I'm on the big side and was wondering if it's worth purchasing an exit seat for the trip?
Big on the tall side, or big on the rotund side? (Not an insult, I could use far more exercise myself).

If the former, go for the exit row (and make sure you are wearing white socks, it makes your feet stand out when the cabin lighting is dimmed, so people don't tread on your feet).

If big in relation to girth, NO WAY, the seats are actually narrower in the exit rows, as the IFE screen and tray tables are stored in the arm rests.

HTH.

Dave
Old Aug 16, 2009, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Note that you can only "buy" an exit row seat within 7 days of the flight. If you are really keen on an exit row, I suggest (due to time zone variences) calling from the 18th of September.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF, EK & LH.
Smile

Hi

And thanks for the advise guys. 6 feet tall and on the rotund size, so I might stick to the seat designation I've got and hope like hell there is an empty seat beside me.
Anyway first time to the states and really looking forward to being on a QF jumbo, it's been a while plus the A380 home.

Cheers
Old Aug 16, 2009, 6:56 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Welcome to FT and the friendly QF forum, oryx! Don't forget your ESTA before flying to the US otherwise you might be denied boarding.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 7:07 am

Programs: aa lifetime platinum
welcome to los angeles, oryx. long time resident so if any questions ,PM me. lots of great places to see here other than the obvious. and plenty to do , whatever persuasion you may be. have fun on the a380. i see it land from the silver lake hills every morning as i return from the gym . on a beautiful clear morning you cant miss it .
my advice if you can afford it , is to but the seat next to you. its a very long trip .
Old Aug 19, 2009, 12:23 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by marbles dad
...my advice if you can afford it , is to but the seat next to you. its a very long trip .
Presumably buying Premium Economy ticket instead is more cost-effective and gets better service as well as the bigger seat (Y+ seat is roughly the same as AA short-haul F seating).
Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:35 am

Programs: QF Bronze
FWIW the Y cabin is almost full on this flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.