Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Outlook calendar file with Qantas booking. How?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2009, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA*1K, BA Gold, SPG Platinum

Hey all

Are there any online booking sites which email an Outlook calendar/appointment file with the E-Ticket confirmation?

I am happy to pay a small premium for this ...

Thx
Greg
Old Jul 18, 2009, 7:41 pm

Have a look in checkmytrip.com. Login with your PNR and up the top you'll see "download to calendar". That should let you put it into your Outlook Calendar.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 10:17 pm

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
CMT also uses Infotriever, the same as the QF website.
Very annoying for the Mac users amongst us.
AA manages to have a format that can be downloaded to other calendars, so disappointing that QF can't manage it.

But then, it might be on their I.T. "to do" list, below all the other issues.....
Old Jul 19, 2009, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by mattm199
CMT also uses Infotriever, the same as the QF website.
Very annoying for the Mac users amongst us.
AA manages to have a format that can be downloaded to other calendars, so disappointing that QF can't manage it.

But then, it might be on their I.T. "to do" list, below all the other issues.....
As a mac user, I concur. I use Tripit.com now for my itineraries. Forward your CMT or Virtually There Itinerary (along with a slew of others) to them via email, and within a few seconds they've added it to your tripit calendar. Subsrcribe your iCal to it, or download an iCal file for each trip and voila. done. All free too (and their iPhone app is great too). Easy to use and infinitely useful for all iPhone/Apple user Road Warriors.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 8:46 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Originally Posted by drewbles
As a mac user, I concur. I use Tripit.com now for my itineraries. Forward your CMT or Virtually There Itinerary (along with a slew of others) to them via email, and within a few seconds they've added it to your tripit calendar. Subsrcribe your iCal to it, or download an iCal file for each trip and voila. done. All free too (and their iPhone app is great too). Easy to use and infinitely useful for all iPhone/Apple user Road Warriors.
+1

Tripit is also useful for showing which of your connected contacts are in the same city as you, which can be useful for those constantly on the road.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 1:20 am

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
What would be a CURRENT good way to pull / export Itinerary information from Virtually There onto my Calendar. (I use Outlook 2007 and sync with iPhone)

Mostly my own itineraries but at times those of some friends / visitors that I need to take care of, show around / co ordinate with.

PS: I dont like the look of the Infuzer site and plugin they seem to have. It asks me to sign up and I am not sure if I should. Has anyone signed up? If I have to sign up I'd rather use TripIt or something similar that you guys could recommend.

EDIT:

They have an Export to TripCase. Is this any good?

Last edited by xmlsoa; Aug 12, 2010 at 1:27 am
Old Aug 12, 2010, 5:19 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
FWIW iCal follows agreed standards and Outlook does not.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
FWIW iCal follows agreed standards and Outlook does not.
Well.. even then.. Can I or can I not import and iCal export in to Outlook? I think I did something like this once?

PS: I did not like the default ActiveX plugin & Site Virtually there have.

I signed up for TripIt and TripCase. Which one gets the vote from you guys?
Old Aug 15, 2010, 5:15 am

Programs: VS Gold, QPPS, CX, DJ, SG, AA, NH
Originally Posted by xmlsoa
I signed up for TripIt and TripCase. Which one gets the vote from you guys?
For me, TripIt hands down. It's just so well done, and their pro support is very responsive.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Unfortunately Tripit is geared for simple 'roud trips.

It can't handle basic nested bookings and the like.

When I make three bookings, one being an around the world fare with two positioning r/t to divide into three separate journeys it's a crap-shoot where new information gets placed - I have to go looking for it.

It would be so much better to have a configurable to simply place all new information into "unfiled". From there I could place the stuff where it belongs.

Last edited by serfty; Aug 15, 2010 at 5:45 am
Old Aug 15, 2010, 6:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by serfty
Unfortunately Tripit is geared for simple 'roud trips.

It can't handle basic nested bookings and the like.

When I make three bookings, one being an around the world fare with two positioning r/t to divide into three separate journeys it's a crap-shoot where new information gets placed - I have to go looking for it.

It would be so much better to have a configurable to simply place all new information into "unfiled". From there I could place the stuff where it belongs.
Depending on the amount of time that the trip spans I've found that this may or may not happen. And I also find that being able to merge or move itinerary items from one trip to another in TripIt is quite simple. If you want to split a flight itinerary between two "trips" then you might have some trouble doing it easily but I still mostly love the functionality of the site.

Apparently TripIt shows the entire duration of a trip on the calendar as busy which I wouldn't like if it were in my primary calendar. I use the iCal support of Outlook 2007 and load my TripIt calendar as a secondary listing in Outlook and love the overlay feature that way.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by sbm12
Depending on the amount of time that the trip spans I've found that this may or may not happen. And I also find that being able to merge or move itinerary items from one trip to another in TripIt is quite simple. If you want to split a flight itinerary between two "trips" then you might have some trouble doing it easily but I still mostly love the functionality of the site. ...
The big problem is finding where your itinerary was placed.

If tend to have up to ˝ dozen intineries active at any one time - and it's a lottery where an new information is placed. When I do locate it I have to move the info to unfiled and fix the trip which tripit decided was appropriate.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
The big problem is finding where your itinerary was placed.

If tend to have up to ˝ dozen intineries active at any one time - and it's a lottery where an new information is placed. When I do locate it I have to move the info to unfiled and fix the trip which tripit decided was appropriate.
You can Merge them easily though. Admittedly, my travels are nowhere near as complex as yours would be, but my recent booking for my requal has some 23 segments over 4 bookings, and it only divided one out. Merging them had them all fall into place just fine.

As others have mentioned, their support is excellent (if you're a Pro member), perhaps email them some suggestions. I've found them very very responsive to feature requests.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.