Emergency Row Seats

Old Jul 16, 09, 7:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Emergency Row Seats

I will be flying from LAX to SYD next month and I was wondering if it was possible to pre-select emergency row seats if I don't have any status with Qantas? I would be willing to pay if necessary.
Old Jul 16, 09, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Qantas have recently introduced exit rows for payment on longehaul flights.

You can call and ask 7 days before your flight (assuming you are in the US, perhaps you could call 8 days beforehand).

More here: Exit Row Seat Bookings
Old Jul 16, 09, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HHonors Gold
70 J/K or Exit Row Seat

On an upcoming flight from LAX to SYD we have seats 70J and 70K on a four class 744. I am interested in those who have done both if they feel that the better seats are 70JK or Exit Row Seats if available. I have heard there are pros and cons to both, trying to determine if their is a cost benefit to the Exit Row seat on the 14.5 hour flight or if the fact that there are only two seats side by side at 70JK is the better option. Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Old Jul 16, 09, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Search for White Socks ...

IMHO Exit row seats are better ...
Old Jul 17, 09, 2:15 am

They really are pushing the new purchase exit row seats. I rang for 16B to be opened for me syd-eze-syd and was told that I would have to pay for the honour. Certainly woke me up. Of course, the guy just had his wires crossed, but part of me could believe that day is coming.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: