Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Mirvac hotels with qantas frequent points.

Old Jul 16, 09, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: my name is SANDRA

Good everning

I just stay at a Mirvac company hotel where i present my bronze qantas frequent flyer card.

I show it on the last day of my stay as i was paying the price of the nights ive stay there.

I went to qantas website just to check out how many points i have. Aparently it only apears to show the return qantas points. That is 1,000 points from BNE to MELB And return another 1,000 points.

But what happen to the points from the hotel i suppose to be getting ?
I last checked out from the hotel on the 13th of july 2009.

They do give points i believe 3 points every per dollar.

The qantas points does shows up.. but not the hotel at all. What should i do ?

Thank you
regards.
Old Jul 16, 09, 4:00 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, Velocity Gold, Etihad Gold, Hhonors Gold
It could take a couple of weeks before partner points show up in your account. If they still haven't appeared in 6 weeks then you can send Qantas a copy of your hotel invoice to get credited with the points.
Old Jul 16, 09, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by babbyf View Post
It could take a couple of weeks before partner points show up in your account. If they still haven't appeared in 6 weeks then you can send Qantas a copy of your hotel invoice to get credited with the points.
Hello babbyf
I just dont understand why it is not showing up. i presented the qantas card at the hotel on the 13th of july and so its been days. There for i just travel with qantas domestic flight just days ago and straight away the points will apear in my status. Just not the hotel points at all.

I have called the hotel for a separate booking,. This booking has nothing to do with packages or promotions or such from qantas as i have set my own holidays. Oh though i have brought the ticket for qantas airline only. And hotel just a direct call to Mirvac hotel company.

6 weeks might just be alittle too long there. But i suppose i will wait and see what might happen if it will show up the points or not. Mirvac hotels in australia can receive you 3 points per dollar. So im looking forward to my points for the amount of nights and spend.

I just hope they know exactly what they did when i presented the card...
If its not showing who do i call and how ? if i call qantas then i didnt do a package deal.. plus i did not made bookings for airline via the telephone at all. Just online at qantas website of course.

Anyways will see what might happen. Just unusual it should of show up the points by now.. its almost a week.

thank you
Regards.
Old Jul 16, 09, 5:54 am

Programs: QF PS, NZ Silver
Originally Posted by ansettlad View Post
Hello babbyf
I just dont understand why it is not showing up. i presented the qantas card at the hotel on the 13th of july and so its been days.
Things take time. It has been three days. After your Frequent Flyer membership has been noted, this information will likely be sent to head office for Mirvac and from there will be sent to Qantas in batches. This is not an instant process. I'd keep all hotel receipts and if the points haven't arrived in the account after four weeks, I'd give the hotel a call to check what has happened. If they refuse to be of any assistance, email your final bill to Qantas who will manually credit the points to the account.
Old Jul 16, 09, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mvjs View Post
Things take time. It has been three days. After your Frequent Flyer membership has been noted, this information will likely be sent to head office for Mirvac and from there will be sent to Qantas in batches. This is not an instant process. I'd keep all hotel receipts and if the points haven't arrived in the account after four weeks, I'd give the hotel a call to check what has happened. If they refuse to be of any assistance, email your final bill to Qantas who will manually credit the points to the account.
Hi thank you to you and all. I understand know that it will not just come instantly. So there for i will wait days... weeks see what happens then. If it dosnt show up lets say in 4 weeks time how do i exactly email qantas or who i must email to at qantas as i dont understand any of that and with my hotel recipt ? I quite don't follow that.

When i went to the hotel and it was time to leave i paid with credit card of course... the guy just gave me the amount they charge me to my credit card recipt and a hotel paper with the amount pernight* stay and anything like ordering meals at hotel room service. Thats about it on paper with the attatchment of the recipt they charge me from my credit card. Because i dont pay them money if its going to be over 1,000 dollars AUD of course.

But perhaps im just worrying too much here. Will wait and see what happens

Thanks again and hopefuly my points will clearly show up by then.
My points are value so they are very important i keep collecting them so that in the near future i can decide what to do with the points i have then.

regards
^
Old Jul 16, 09, 6:17 am

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Privilege Elite, Velocity Platinum
Hi thank you to you and all. I understand know that it will not just come instantly. So there for i will wait days... weeks see what happens then. If it dosnt show up lets say in 4 weeks time how do i exactly email qantas or who i must email to at qantas as i dont understand any of that and with my hotel recipt ? I quite don't follow that.

When i went to the hotel and it was time to leave i paid with credit card of course... the guy just gave me the amount they charge me to my credit card recipt and a hotel paper with the amount pernight* stay and anything like ordering meals at hotel room service. Thats about it on paper with the attatchment of the recipt they charge me from my credit card. Because i dont pay them money if its going to be over 1,000 dollars AUD of course.

But perhaps im just worrying too much here. Will wait and see what happens

Thanks again and hopefuly my points will clearly show up by then.
My points are value so they are very important i keep collecting them so that in the near future i can decide what to do with the points i have then.

regards
^
Don't stress. You'll get your points but because they aren't coming from Qantas directly like the plane trip ones, it does take longer for them to be processed.

If you don't see them in four weeks, call Frequent Flyer customer service on 13 13 13 and say that you stayed at Hotel X on the following dates and spent $x and you can't see the points even though you showed your card.

The FF representative will get you to send in a copy of your bill to show what you spent, and then manually adjust your points to match or chase up what's happened for you.

This is a regular occurrence, so it's totally normal.
Old Jul 16, 09, 6:25 am
Original Poster

And by the way. The hotel i stay they dont no if i fly down with qantas or ather company airline... but i presume it dosnt matter that because hotels by mirvac will get you points when you show the card of course.

but to all posties thanks. Its not a porblem.
Old Jul 16, 09, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

By the way i stay at a mirvac hotel over one year ago actually 1 year and 5 weeks in total. I did never show mty qantas bronze card to collect points.. is there a change they could also include extra points for the last time i stay over a year ago ?

well im expecting the current points as ive just stay not pass a week ago. but wonder if antas can also add the atbher points for the remaining days ive stay over a year ago too since over a year ago i never did show my card atht ehotel. But i did to the airline to get that 2,000 opoints return.
Old Jul 16, 09, 9:26 pm

By the way i stay at a mirvac hotel over one year ago actually 1 year and 5 weeks in total. I did never show mty qantas bronze card to collect points.. is there a change they could also include extra points for the last time i stay over a year ago ?

well im expecting the current points as ive just stay not pass a week ago. but wonder if antas can also add the atbher points for the remaining days ive stay over a year ago too since over a year ago i never did show my card atht ehotel. But i did to the airline to get that 2,000 opoints return.
Short answer, no. Long answer, nooooooooo.

You should present your ff number at checkin preferably, or at checkout. You're not going to be awarded points after 13 months.

And remember, as already mentioned, you may have to wait SIX WEEKS or more for your points to credit from any non-qantas FF partner. Hotels are notorious for being slow on crediting thanks to their red tape before they send the request off to QF.
Old Jul 17, 09, 1:56 am

Late points.

I got this entry in my QF account a few months ago

14 APR 09 MERCURE HOTEL DUNEDIN 11NOV07 600

I forgot about the stay from 11 of november 2007 and I don't know why it took so long but I guess Mercure are slow. I would say they are slow because they are from NZ but that would get me in trouble.

I would not worry about a few days even other One World Airlines can take a while.
Old Jul 17, 09, 2:13 am

I've always found the time it takes for hotel points to post as being akin to glacially slow. Even with hotels booked thru qantas I've been left hanging for months. These days I don't bother showing my card at check in, and just send off a copy of my reciept once I'm home and have nothing better to do. It takes a week or two for the credit, but still faster than relying on card presentation.
Old Jul 17, 09, 3:48 am
Original Poster

No problems thank you users.
Well last year i stay at a mirvac hotel brand and that i didn't realise that Mirvac's would also get you to collect qantas frequent fly points. Until i read the website at qantas .com it had the hotel listed there. If only i new before i left on board. I just did not new that qantas frequent flyer card could also get you points from some participant hotels.

Well know i do so thats something ive just learned.

Aniways i will be waiting for the points 4 to 6 weeks time. Just hope that if it dosnt show up then it allso means too late to contact qantas about it.
all good.
Old Jul 27, 09, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Hi i just like to say theres no sign of my points been added as yet from the MIRVAC resort hotel.. 3 points per 1dollar spend. So im pexting quite alot of points out of this... its been 2 weeks no points... ill wait another 2 more weeks and see if its apearing at qantas by typeing the frequent flyer card number there.

My question for today is: Is it posible to give qantas lets say 500.00 dollars where that i could get extra more points from qantas into my card? I know to do the best way is to buy flowers or something but really its not much to get points out of from buying a bunch of roses online or a qantas selected restaurant.. 1 point per dollar spent is not that big at all to get excited about.

So im just wondering if theres an alternative way where you give money and they will give you points per dollar you have given ? i was thinking giveing 500.00 dollars to just collect more points.

thanks
Old Jul 27, 09, 3:29 am

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
Perhaps this might help with your question?

http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/...ts/topupPoints
Old Jul 27, 09, 5:41 am

Hi i just like to say theres no sign of my points been added as yet from the MIRVAC resort hotel.. 3 points per 1dollar spend. So im pexting quite alot of points out of this... its been 2 weeks no points... ill wait another 2 more weeks and see if its apearing at qantas by typeing the frequent flyer card number there.

My question for today is: Is it posible to give qantas lets say 500.00 dollars where that i could get extra more points from qantas into my card? I know to do the best way is to buy flowers or something but really its not much to get points out of from buying a bunch of roses online or a qantas selected restaurant.. 1 point per dollar spent is not that big at all to get excited about.

So im just wondering if theres an alternative way where you give money and they will give you points per dollar you have given ? i was thinking giveing 500.00 dollars to just collect more points.

thanks
Qantas will tell you to wait the prescribed 6 weeks. No point in contacting them at all until 6 weeks has passed. Have patience. If nothing has come after 8 weeks, then call them. As long as you have proof you stayed there, you'll get your points eventually.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: