Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Will QF (Domestic SYD-BNE) interline my baggage with EK (BNE-SIN) ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2009, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Accor Gold, SQ*G, MH Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador

Hello, just a quick question.

I'm planning for a trip to Australia (BNE & SYD) after getting a ridiculously good price for BNE-SIN-BNE on EK, and am thinking to put SYD as my last stop before heading back for SIN via BNE. Flight departs BNE at an ungodly 0245hrs, so am thinking of catching an evening flight out of SYD-BNE before crashing at the BNE airport thereafter.

Will QF domestic interline my bag with EK? I understand that I will have to check in again with EK when I get to BNE, but will they take my bags at SYD?

Thanks.
Old May 24, 2009, 8:58 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Sure, QF interlines fully with EK (despite being bitter competitors) and will do this even with separate tickets. Not sure if you get the international baggage allowance, though (you would if it was Oneworld connection). You were right to ask, as many other airlines have stopped doing such interlining in the past year.
Old May 25, 2009, 1:23 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Don't forget BNE airtrain stops running at 8pm. If you arrive later than this you'll need to get a cab to get between international and domestic terminals (or a long walk in the open).
Old May 25, 2009, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Accor Gold, SQ*G, MH Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador
Thanks guys :)

Thanks for your updated information guys
Kiwi, is the airtrain still priced at AUD9 per ride? Wouldn't it be seemingly cheaper to take a cab then?

Also, I know the rent-a-car booths close pretty early as well. Is it possible to return the car after hours?
Old May 25, 2009, 3:13 am

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
metcalve

I suggest that you make use of the new T-Bus (orange and stands out!) service that operates between the Domestic and International Terminals at Brisbane Airport.

The service operates on a daily basis between the hours of 05:10L & 22:50L. Am not privy to the frequencies/schedules, however you are able to view the timings on signage outside the Domestic terminal. You are able to board the service outside the QF and DJ arrivals hall and the cost is $5.00.

Certainly a nice alternative to a Taxi!

Inter-terminal transfers on the Airtrain cost $4.00.

Cheers

Last edited by QF NB; May 25, 2009 at 3:20 am
Old May 25, 2009, 3:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Brisbane Airport must be one of the most awful places to do an inter-terminal transfer. Even LHR terminals don't charge for transport between terminals.
Old May 25, 2009, 1:02 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by metcalve
Thanks for your updated information guys
Kiwi, is the airtrain still priced at AUD9 per ride? Wouldn't it be seemingly cheaper to take a cab then?
Airtrain is free if arriving or departing on QF, and I bet cabs have a minimum charge for inter-terminal transfers (eg at AKL it is $20 or $25 cf free transfer bus or can easily walk).
Old May 25, 2009, 1:08 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Brisbane Airport must be one of the most awful places to do an inter-terminal transfer. Even LHR terminals don't charge for transport between terminals.
SYD and PER are also horrible for inter-terminal transfers. Coincidentally I recently posted about this annoyance.
Old May 25, 2009, 1:52 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Airtrain is free if arriving or departing on QF, and I bet cabs have a minimum charge for inter-terminal transfers (eg at AKL it is $20 or $25 cf free transfer bus or can easily walk).
Can't do it in Australia, unless leaving the area of operations of the cab (which, in all capital cities, is not the case).

The MOST that can be charged is what is on the meter, plus authorised extras (such as airport charges).

Dave
Old May 25, 2009, 3:42 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by metcalve
Hello, just a quick question.

I'm planning for a trip to Australia (BNE & SYD) after getting a ridiculously good price for BNE-SIN-BNE on EK, and am thinking to put SYD as my last stop before heading back for SIN via BNE. Flight departs BNE at an ungodly 0245hrs, so am thinking of catching an evening flight out of SYD-BNE before crashing at the BNE airport thereafter.

Will QF domestic interline my bag with EK? I understand that I will have to check in again with EK when I get to BNE, but will they take my bags at SYD?

Thanks.
OT

Does not BNE have a curfew? If so how do the CX 0050 and EK 0245 flights get approved
Old May 25, 2009, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
http://www.brisbaneairport.com.au/
  • Brisbane Airport has 24-hour operations - no curfew.
No curfew ...
Old Jun 1, 2009, 2:36 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by serfty
And they say we are less civilized than SYD.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 3:50 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
And they say we are less civilized than SYD.
They're equally uncivilised, but in their own way

E.g.:

SYD = with curfew BNE = no curfew
SYD = with bag storage BNE = no bag storage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.