Community
Wiki Posts
Search

INT Upgrade success thread.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2010, 2:39 pm

5th Jan points upgrade J -> F BKK-SYD, the best use of 25,000 points we ever had, fantastic service ^
Old Feb 18, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
18th Feb BA 15 SIN to SYD op-up WT+ (booked in cheapo T class) to J.
My 3rd experience op-up on BA from WT+ to J, first time on the new revamped Club World seats. I actually like the seats but find QF catering much better than BA.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: QF WP, BD*G
QF12 (A380) LAX-SYD, 7 Mar 2009, Business (I) to First (P). Requested at T-3 weeks and the night before (sometime while I was sleeping).

Loads were maxed out (9+) in F, A, J, C and D.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 9:39 pm

Programs: QF SG
Talking Success SYD - LHR QF31 with some bizarre problem

Booked a business class ticket on the 12th of Feb to head over to LHR. I had also put in a request for an upgrade. As I was not sure of my plans to get from CBR to SYD, I booked that leg at a later date.

at T-26 hours C/M/T it had shown my waitlist for the First upgrade, then in the morning it no longer showed it.

As I sat in the F Lounge in SYD (thanks to WP status), T-3 hours, I was watching the loads on E/F and saw availability in F, but my request was still showing requested on QF website and nothing in C/M/T.

I asked the lovely desk lady what the status of the upgrade was. She informed me that the request was not showing on her system and had to make a call. She came over after the phone call to advise that when the rep combined the two PNR's so the bags would go through to LHR the request dropped off the system.

But she had sorted it out and now in the A380 suites.

Has anyone else had this problem before?
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:56 am

Programs: Plastic Fantastic! - QF, DJ, AF, NZ, DL etc..
op up QF108 ex JFK (loads Y0,T/W0,I/C0)
At check in issued a Y+ BP 34B.
Lined up for boarding and handed a J BP 23D by the nice BA agent
Old Oct 12, 2010, 3:42 am
Original Poster

had a friend request Y to J syd-lhr on 24th sept-unsuccessful
then requested Y to J NY_SYD on 8th oct-unsuccessful
Old Oct 12, 2010, 3:48 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
had a friend request Y to J syd-lhr on 24th sept-unsuccessful
then requested Y to J NY_SYD on 8th oct-unsuccessful
They are dates on the exact beginning and end of NSW school holidays. I would never expect a points upgrade, or op up during this peak period as most cabins are completely full.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 5:18 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by psyrax
... As I sat in the F Lounge in SYD (thanks to WP status), T-3 hours, I was watching the loads on E/F and saw availability in F, but my request was still showing requested on QF website and nothing in C/M/T.

I asked the lovely desk lady what the status of the upgrade was. She informed me that the request was not showing on her system and had to make a call. She came over after the phone call to advise that when the rep combined the two PNR's so the bags would go through to LHR the request dropped off the system.

But she had sorted it out and now in the A380 suites.

Has anyone else had this problem before?
Yes, had the same thing happen to me last Christmas, on a requested UG out of Melbourne. The booking was fiddled around with on baggage recheck on arrival from SIN to MEL, and the request got waylaid. Peter K. (the amazing) from QF ground staff at MEL came to the rescue and sorted it out. Did I mention he was amazing ... ?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:34 pm
Suspended

UG requests made from max time ahead for 2 x bookings (both WP):

QF10 SINMEL 27/9 - unsuccessful
QF31 SYDSIN 7/10 - successful
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by nth_utsera_sth_utsera
UG requests made from max time ahead for 2 x bookings (both WP):

QF10 SINMEL 27/9 - unsuccessful
A Bit tough given that's the day after the Singapore F1 Grand Prix.

We were lucky to get L to Z upgrades for QF10 LHR-SIN on 24th (arriving the day before the GP).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.