Awful QF/Jetstar Experience!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2009, 12:56 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The issue is with whoever the ticket was purchased from
Dave
Absolutely correct.

A right royal pain for the OP though, and he/she should (as they are doing)pursue JQ for a refund of what they had to pay QF to get on the flight.

I do agree with some other posters re QF's and JQ's tendency to be part of the same Qantas Group when it suits, and completely separate entities when it suits. It's disingenuous at best...
Old Apr 26, 2009, 4:45 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tuapekastar
Absolutely correct.

A right royal pain for the OP though, and he/she should (as they are doing)pursue JQ for a refund of what they had to pay QF to get on the flight.
..or possibly even 3K
Old Apr 26, 2009, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by perthite
..or possibly even 3K
Maybe, and I did note your reference to 3K earlier, but OP stated they had booked with JQ...it'd be hard enough getting some half decent comms going with JQ, let alone 3K.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 1:20 pm

Programs: QF WP (OW Emerald) + LTG
As far as QF goes, as far as it concerned them, there was no ticket for the flight and so quite validly refused to take the passenger. The issue is with whoever the ticket was purchased from

Dave
Does this mean that "Buyer Beware" takes prominence and if I wish to have peace of mind when travelling, with easy recourse to resolving any issue, I need to purchase the ticket from QF (or any other airline that I will be flying with for that matter) and no-one else?

I thought there was some responsibility on the supplier if the authorised distributor screws up, in most businesses.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 2:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kangela
Does this mean that "Buyer Beware" takes prominence and if I wish to have peace of mind when travelling, with easy recourse to resolving any issue, I need to purchase the ticket from QF (or any other airline that I will be flying with for that matter) and no-one else?

I thought there was some responsibility on the supplier if the authorised distributor screws up, in most businesses.
There is no responsibility on the supplied of goods to provide goods if they have not been paid for them. As a customer you would need to return to the place where you purchased to get a refund

Nothing to suggest a caveat emptor situation. Depending on the laws of the country of sale ( I assume that Thailand is not an exception ) the SELLER ( in this case Jetstar ) is responsible for ensuring that the ticket was issued and the seller that the customer needs to deal with ( unless he has travel insurance cover that would cover this type os situatuon , then claim there and let the insurance company deal with it )

Dave
Old Apr 26, 2009, 5:10 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tuapekastar
Maybe, and I did note your reference to 3K earlier, but OP stated they had booked with JQ...it'd be hard enough getting some half decent comms going with JQ, let alone 3K.
The website is the same whether you book through JQ or 3K. Jetstar.com serves them both. I believe it is your point of origin that determines which one you are ticketing through, but not being 100% sure on that, just threw it up as a possibility.

The OP's first flight does seem to be a 3K one.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by perthite
The website is the same whether you book through JQ or 3K. Jetstar.com serves them both. I believe it is your point of origin that determines which one you are ticketing through, but not being 100% sure on that, just threw it up as a possibility.

The OP's first flight does seem to be a 3K one.
Ahh, maybe so then!
Old Apr 26, 2009, 8:06 pm

Programs: QF WP (OW Emerald) + LTG
There is no responsibility on the supplied of goods to provide goods if they have not been paid for them. As a customer you would need to return to the place where you purchased to get a refund
Thanks Dave. Still, a sobering thought to those who purchase a ticket from an online vendor or even a downtown TA for that matter who in 99% of the cases is not represented at the airport. Granted that most reputable firms have a 24-hour hotline but it is imperative to have a valid credit card which is not maxxed out and a (again) reputable travel insurance for when the phone doesn't get answered
Old Apr 26, 2009, 9:52 pm
Suspended

qantas did that to me once on an AA ticketed domestic business ticket and they refused carriage saying aa/my travel agent did not pay them. While AA issued a transportation voucher for the difference in the end, till this day, qantas comes across as gouging customers with all sort of fees where possible.

Qantas change fees for ex-usa tickets are usd200.00. If you call australia, the service centre will say that yes we can do the change but we will charge you the phone service fee on top of the change fee and no, we will not do book you in the original class but the class higher.More fees.

Ex-sin tickets are changeable at sgd75.00 per change and subject to difference to in fare classes and qantas inventory management do block out the lower fare classes.

Compare this with the industry standard. SQ do not charge change fees and they won't but they do levy admin fees for ex-sin tickets. And they are constantly full in Y.

AA does not charge service fees if its clear you cannot make the changes online or through other means.

Contrast the difference between several world class carriers and you wonder whether qantas is successful primarily due to their fees and charges and enforcement of such charges or whether they truely are an ethical airline with world class standards as deemed by last year's skytrax awards.

i wouldn't be surprised if the response the op gets is that we will only refund the fare he/she paid for jetstar and force him/her to pay the higher qantas fare.

Maybe the op can update when they he/she can.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 10:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by zombietraveller
qantas did that to me once on an AA ticketed domestic business ticket and they refused carriage saying aa/my travel agent did not pay them. While AA issued a transportation voucher for the difference in the end, till this day, qantas comes across as gouging customers with all sort of fees where possible.
I don't see charging for a ticket as being "gouging customers"

Dave
Old Apr 26, 2009, 11:07 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Originally Posted by zombietraveller
AA does not charge service fees if its clear you cannot make the changes online or through other means.

Contrast the difference between several world class carriers and you wonder whether qantas is successful primarily due to their fees and charges and enforcement of such charges or whether they truely are an ethical airline with world class standards as deemed by last year's skytrax awards.
AA plenty of things that QF doesn't. All airlines have charges for various different things.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 12:02 am

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
Not sure what the SQ or AA comments have to do with this thread. The AU JQ reservation number is available 24/7 as well, so a phone call from PER airport should have been answered and I wonder if this could have also resolved the issue? If I understand the OP correctly, the claim is that QF should have carried the OP potentially free of charge and then tried to get the money from JQ later?
Old Apr 27, 2009, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by nonce
If I understand the OP correctly, the claim is that QF should have carried the OP potentially free of charge and then tried to get the money from JQ later?
I don't think the OP would consider it free of charge since he/she had already paid for it. But I guess that's how QF may well have seen it.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 3:08 pm

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
QF and JQ are different airlines. So if JQ (either 3K or JQ) haven't paid QF (or at least QF don't think they have been paid) then are you expecting them to carry you for free? This is no different to an issue I nearly had with a reticket on a QF flight where my CC wasn't processed correctly and the charges never posted. Luckily I needed the change the flight again otherwise I would have been offloaded at < 24 hrs unless payment was made.

Apart from the small "member of the Qantas Group" at the bottom of the JQ website can anyone actually show me where JQ claim to be as tightly part of QF as many of you believe they are? As from first hand experience I am yet to see what many here believe.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 3:59 pm

Programs: my name is SANDRA
hmm its quite interesting how a few or many few people out there complaints about how bad jetstar is. And these who don't.

I allready seen 2 complaints about jetstar and its been said on the news on tv this year. But i wont go into that because i never fly with jetstar as yet anyways to experience how good or bad is.

Gues jetstar must be tight regulation and not friendly at some extend from what i heard from people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.