Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF Offering Double Status Credits

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2009, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Not eligible either... which is quite sucky!

It would be rather handy to requalify for Gold and even shoot for Platinum this year... I'm flying PE to LHR-SYD-LHR with a SYD-PQQ-SYD in the middle to get my 4 sectors... so it would be damned handy.

Ahh well, I'll cross my fingers
Old Apr 10, 2009, 7:57 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
No offer here and the site says I'm not eligible. Pity, I'm 350 SC short of renewal by 30 June. I have some QF travel coming up but not quite enough to hit the 350SC. This offer would have fixed that/or convinced me to shift some SQ travel to QF.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Every 10 SC are worth 111.1 QFF points (nee "Loyalty Bonus").

On existing bookings alone, I expect to make an additional 3,889 QFF points
Old Apr 10, 2009, 5:42 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
Has anyone got a clue about eligibility criteria?

Seems to be both silver and plats (gold too??) so no reason there..

Anything to do with type of fares purchased? Eg full fare/business? Its been a while since I bought full fare..

Really ready to leave qf once I get through my stash of points. They do me no favours at all anymore
Old Apr 10, 2009, 9:36 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
They seem to think I am unworthy too. Maybe something to do with no SCs earned in the last 3 years
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:24 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by morepointsplease
Has anyone got a clue about eligibility criteria?

Seems to be both silver and plats (gold too??) so no reason there..

Anything to do with type of fares purchased? Eg full fare/business? Its been a while since I bought full fare..

Really ready to leave qf once I get through my stash of points. They do me no favours at all anymore
nope - I'm PS and only use full J fares and I am not eligible....
Old Apr 10, 2009, 11:09 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
I just tried and not eligible either. I only fly full Y all over Aus and J Class (D) internationally.

I just re qualified for Platinum for 2nd yr in first 4 months of anniversary date. Ah well I guess I should be more grateful to QF for that op up from BNE to SYD back in 1764

CJ
Old Apr 11, 2009, 1:05 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
I would not get too excited about this.
Everytime I get an offer from QF I always seem to miss out getting the benefits for some reason eg. 50 bonus SC to help requalify for WP, except the purchase and fly by dates stopped me getting them.
Also with QFNZ pulling out I was informed I only need 90 SC to requalify, over 400 SC later with over 200 on QF, nothing I still need to standard amount....of course I still have enough booked to requalify.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 4:45 am

I am a US based QF plat.. I did not receive offer .. been plat for 10 years.. Wonder what the qualifications for double status credit is?
Old Apr 11, 2009, 6:44 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Ah, I copped this back in 2001 - awesome promotion that coincided with a couple of Transpac and (literally) a dozen trips to NZ. Clocked them up like nobody's business.

I even took a couple of trips on the bus while under this promotion - I suppose a lesser being would feel guilty about that, but I'm not a lesser being.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 9:08 pm

Just got off the 'phone from QFF calling me back about my email questioning why I had not received the offer.

The offer was sent to 'eligible' members - no definition of what that may be could be provided. I was told I may become eligible in the future.

It was a fairly lame explanation...but thanks for my interest.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:40 am

Programs: QFF WP
nothing for me either. I made gold requalification fairly easily 815 credits, 80 to come and anniversary end April, but they would have been a handy kick start to the new year which is travel thin. Can anyone tell when the promotion expiry is?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 2:20 am

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Originally Posted by seat_4D
Can anyone tell when the promotion expiry is?
It says in the OP - 30 June 2009.

And nothing here either - but no surprise there, as this comes up in ths Forum every year and historically it always seems to be sent to Silvers and the occasional Gold to encourage a little bit more flying with QF.

They would not risk sending to it to too many WPs I suspect in case some of them happen to anyway be about to book a couple of F trips to London and end up earning Life Status over the course of a couple of months !
Old Apr 14, 2009, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
It says in the OP - 30 June 2009.

And nothing here either - but no surprise there, as this comes up in ths Forum every year and historically it always seems to be sent to Silvers and the occasional Gold to encourage a little bit more flying with QF.

They would not risk sending to it to too many WPs I suspect in case some of them happen to anyway be about to book a couple of F trips to London and end up earning Life Status over the course of a couple of months !
Nup, PS here - no offer.

I would have thought they would have targeted many to try and prevent leakage to *A airlines offering amazing J deals (SQ springs to mind).

I am now thinking of rebooking JHB via SQ instead of QF. QF gets me gold, my company already pays my QC, SQ should make me *A Gold.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 2:43 pm

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
Nup, PS here - no offer.
I didn't say all Silvers got the offer, just some ! But you are right, does seem (from reports in the past, and in this Thread) to be little rhyme or reason to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.