Baggage Interlining.

Old Apr 3, 09, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Baggage Interlining.

I actually got my seats to EZE but now have to find a way to GIG. TAM currently have the best J fare that suits me. Does anyone have a definitive yes or no if QF interline with them? Or do I need to play phone tag?

Many thanks!
Old Apr 10, 09, 1:53 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
No idea about the airline policy, however QF interlines with just about every airline that is willing to do so and does not play the "alliance only on separate tickets" game that so many other airlines are choosing to do. Your primary problem is that EZE is a bad airport for baggage transfers (much worse than SCL, for example). If you don't want your bags lost or stolen then it would be safer to check through to EZE and re-check to GIG with TAM. Of course this is quite inconvenient as you need to clear customs. But my personal experience with EZE is bad; given the economic situation it is hardly surprising. Why didn't you book an award on LA going SYD-SCL-GIG? That would have been so much simpler and cheaper than via EZE. I suppose QF has better award availability than LA.
Old Aug 15, 09, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1P
The feedback seems to be that Qantas interline bags quite well with non-alliance airlines.

I'm flying QF Y SYD-SIN in early November, arriving late in the evening, do you think I'd have any difficulties requesting my bag be interlined onto a United flight the next morning?

Thanks!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: