Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Status credits calculator for other OneWorld airlines

Status credits calculator for other OneWorld airlines

Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:09 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by leny
Oh? How do you do it?
Having a good job while being a student helps.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 4:06 am

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
Originally Posted by drewbles
It's all about *clever* flying not just random flying. If you only travel within Australia, then you're not going to have much luck but with all the sales on at present, you can get your status credit per dollar down as low as $6.50 per SC on a MEL-ADL run. Go to NZ and fly AKL-WLG on QF before they go and you can get it for under $5. If you're in the USA, you can do runs that net you 240 SC's for under $3 per SC.

Plan around your membership year too, and look for sales. If you're not flying much, 350 SC's is hard to attain for a 'bargain' when flying domestically (as a uni student, it's all subjective).
All good points. I'm tending towards qantas domestic only travel, because I tend to fly to Malaysia a lot with AirAsia on their $0 sales I have booked 4 weekends away with the domestic sales lately though. Ahh soon, soon I will have real money!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.