Melbourne International Transit

Old Mar 15, 09, 10:22 am
  #16  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Posts: 19,540
Originally Posted by drewbles View Post
I think Vodka/Gin need to be added. So many fine vodka's and gins available!

*sips his morning bloody mary at the QP in T4 LAX*

Yup. Vodka needs to be included in the tradition for sure
T4 has a Grey Goose tasting bar (4 different kinds of vodka) as do most AA FL's. But they are stored at room temperature (instead of in the freezer where they belong).
number_6 is offline  
Old Mar 15, 09, 10:23 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Jersey, CI
Posts: 1,083
Originally Posted by number_6 View Post
T4 has a Grey Goose tasting bar (4 different kinds of vodka) as do most AA FL's. But they are stored at room temperature (instead of in the freezer where they belong).
"tasting" bar? where? I'm sitting by the bar now and I see the normal, orange and lemon ones behind the bar but nothing promoting them in particular. I'm not a huge fan of grey goose, but i'm not one to turn down trying different vodkas (ok now it's going off topic!)
drewbles is offline  
Old Mar 15, 09, 10:30 am
  #18  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Posts: 19,540
Originally Posted by drewbles View Post
"tasting" bar? where? I'm sitting by the bar now and I see the normal, orange and lemon ones behind the bar but nothing promoting them in particular. I'm not a huge fan of grey goose, but i'm not one to turn down trying different vodkas (ok now it's going off topic!)
That Grey Goose display is what I meant by the tasting bar. Normally there is also a 4th one (Vanilla) but LAX is notorious for running dry for some reason (must be all those QF flights). Sadly the better booze was dropped by AA about 6 years ago and Grey Goose is all that is left (I suspect it is funded by the maker). For a while the FL was competitive with BA F lounges for liquor/wine quality, but those days are long gone.
number_6 is offline  
Old Mar 15, 09, 10:32 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Jersey, CI
Posts: 1,083
Originally Posted by number_6 View Post
That Grey Goose display is what I meant by the tasting bar. Normally there is also a 4th one (Vanilla) but LAX is notorious for running dry for some reason (must be all those QF flights). Sadly the better booze was dropped by AA about 6 years ago and Grey Goose is all that is left (I suspect it is funded by the maker). For a while the FL was competitive with BA F lounges for liquor/wine quality, but those days are long gone.
They do have Ketel One as well. They have 2 gin's (tanq and bombay). Overall, it's a better selection than the international QP's back home. I'd still rather a wyborowa to a Ketel or Grey Goose, but that's just personal taste. anyway back on topic
drewbles is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: