Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jetstar NZ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:39 pm

Kind words indeed.

Only CHC Crew will be affected- jobs at JQ offered aswell as AKL/WLG positions (QF or JQ) and I guess redundancy after that.

A positive? Well, you will see all 737 tasman flights operated by Jetconnect. We will now have new planes with a great hard product to support the service you speak of. ^

Im off work to offer some support now to some crew and possibly fill some flying lines that have been left empty by my emotional colleagues.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:48 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Good luck indeed. While I don't always have the nicest things to say regarding QF in NZ, I do appreciate the excellent crew, especially the WLG-based ones (I get them 99% of the time).

I don't know what JetConnect management and QF in Aus are cooking up, but I do wish you guys luck.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:49 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Take care workflyer - best wishes to you and your colleagues through a difficult change.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Is anyone interested in a farewell to jetconnect run/do? Unfortunately weekend of 6/7 June isn't good for me, nor the weekend prior (long weekend for Queens birthday), and the weekend prior to that is ozfest. But perhaps early to mid May?
I'm actually in AKL 29/30 ... had sort of given up on AKL-WLG/CHC runs as there were not enough if things were to go belly up.

My last booked run is WLG 28 March with 29th March free until 2pm.

April is full ... May 8/9 perhaps? (1 & 15 no good for me)

Decisions ... decisions ...
Old Feb 16, 2009, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by wijomas
Most of the AKL-ZQN were gone - not surprising really.
I'm still seeing AKL-ZQN for $1 on 13Sep09, 14Sep09, 22Sep09 and ZQN-AKL for $1 on 30Jul09.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 6:38 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Is anyone interested in a farewell to jetconnect run/do? Unfortunately weekend of 6/7 June isn't good for me, nor the weekend prior (long weekend for Queens birthday), and the weekend prior to that is ozfest. But perhaps early to mid May?
Yes; lounge run sounds good, you need to read AFF. @:-)
Old Feb 16, 2009, 6:41 pm

So will there be no Qantas domestic NZ anymore? I was looking yesterday and could see flights with Qantas within NZ for August but today I get this message:

The time window requested for one or more of your flights has been adjusted to remain within time window rules.(#7160)
Flights out are not available for the date / time specified. Modify your request and search again. (# 9200)

Guess its with Jetstar from now on???
Old Feb 16, 2009, 6:54 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

QF up until 9 June. JQ from 10 June.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 7:18 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
QF up until 9 June. JQ from 10 June.
As I will have exactly the number of SC for WP renewal I will not do May, earlier than that I will be in Europe earning those SC. I may have to try to get a few SC runs in the first week of June to say goodbye to the wonderful Jetconnect crew, a number of whom do veiw this site .
I am undecided about trying to renew WP in the next membership year, I may not earn A$ on NZ but with the work flights and conversion of my TT flights to NZ I will easily get *G which is enough for me without the need for joy flights which would take me to GE.
JQ schedules do not support my work flights, joy flights or LAN runs, especially if the QP (which were recently refurbished) are shut.
I must say at least I have better options than shillard has out of Newcastle.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 7:40 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

From QF email

What does this mean for Qantas Club members?

International and domestic Qantas Club lounges in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch will remain open.

From 10 June 2009 members who have access to The Qantas Club and are travelling on Jetstar operated domestic New Zealand services (on either a Jetstar or Qantas codeshare flight number) will be able to use these Qantas Clubs.
Lounges stay open (for now).
Old Feb 16, 2009, 7:47 pm

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
Thumbs down To be honest

Qantas is so sad. I always pray this day will not come.
Well, RIP Qantas NZ. Anyhow, to those accountants hanging around here... (OT) if Jetstar folds, does Qantas have to fork out money?
Last time I was in NZ was about 4 years ago flying only Qantas. Currently planning for a holiday back do my Qantas Y SC run around May before doing a LAS-LAX-DWF-FLL*2 status run coz I lost my status all the way back to silver.
Guess my next SC renews I just fly around AUS instead of NZ.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 7:49 pm

Lounges stay open (for now).
If they did close, that would be the last nail in the coffin, with the shovel thrown in to boot.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 7:56 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

My guess is the dom lounges will be shut by June 2010

Jetstar isn't going to work for most business travel. Wonder if DJ will put in a cheeky bid for the lounges to convert them to The Lounge?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 7:57 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Wongo
if Jetstar folds, does Qantas have to fork out money?
Thinking back about 10 years, 'Qantas NZ' did fold, and Qantas Aus stepped in until JetConnect formed.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA-1MM
First of all, best of luck workflyer This has to be a difficult time for every one of the staff...I can say the QF staff that are NZ based are consistently the best down under IMHO...

Looks like I'm going to have to get a *A status match and fly NZ to keep using lounges, as I doubt they will exist for too much longer with JQ...

I'm up for a 'run-do' to give QF a proper send off (as well as clear out the booze from the lounges for them ) Any Friday or weekend suits me in May/June...

Last edited by AKLDUBFlyer; Feb 16, 2009 at 8:08 pm Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.