Domestic security

Old Feb 10, 09, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Domestic security

I know this has been debated many times, however.... you have to ask yourself why bother with security at the domestic airports as its a complete joke.

This morning, after been near stripped of shoes and belt, and 3 trips through the scanner, then secondary...my number was up!.... although I fly 60 times a year through SYD.!..

Then I watch 2 pass exchange tickets, so one was flying on the others boarding card...makes you think how exposed they are at domestic.

I say, save the money and remove the clowns at security and replace it with a random grab based on profiling.
Oh here comes the abuse, sure.!... but think for a bit, the cost to air travel, and the near uselessness of the security, to grab the odd looking gent from the line might make for better security.

Just a rant !.

Old Feb 10, 09, 3:54 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
"Security theatre" is what it's called. Maybe the intent is to make the terrorists die laughing?
Old Feb 10, 09, 3:56 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by Ferrari View Post
Then I watch 2 pass exchange tickets, so one was flying on the others boarding card...makes you think how exposed they are at domestic.
Why does this leave them exposed? It *may* be a revenue risk, but as long as passengers are properly screened, what difference does it make whether it is the person named on the boarding pass that is flying, as opposed to Mickey Mouse?

Dave
Old Feb 10, 09, 4:00 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
[mod hat]

Yes the QF forum is OT on many occasions, however the Travel Safety and Security forum is the ideal place to express yourself...if you dare!

[/mod hat]

Search this Thread
Search Engine: