Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Her first QF flight and she gets an op-up!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2009, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Had an excited call from young Miss JtheJ last night...she was boarding QF2 for a trip to SYD via BKK with her latest beau...booked in T-class...and at the gate her BP went 'BEEP' and lo and behold both were upped to J.

A text just in says they have landed in BKK and she is enjoying the experience.

Well done QF is all I can say...she is probably too pi$$ed to say anything!

Only problem now is if she does not get similar treatment on the way back she will be disappointed.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 5:19 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Congratulations. She doesn't have a secret CL membership by any chance?
Old Feb 8, 2009, 8:09 am

Programs: CX, QF, Hilton HHonors Silver VIP
Have I read correctly that she got op-upped on BOTH legs? LHR-BKK and BKK-SYD?!
Old Feb 8, 2009, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
My guessing is that Miss JtheJ was ticketed LHR-SYD and that's what her op-up was for. I know it's basically the same thing, but I would think it unlikely she would have been op upped for only the one sector (at least not in LHR).
Old Feb 8, 2009, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Good for her (and the beau) !
Old Feb 9, 2009, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Clarification

She was actually ticketed LHR - SYD (via BKK) - WLG with the LHR - SYD being in T and the SYD - WLG in Y and was op-up'ed on the LHR - SYD (via BKK) leg.

She has arrived and from the SMS message I received seems to have enjoyed the experience.

Since she has flown in BA's F & J cabins I await her return to find out how she found QF's product compared to those.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 6:43 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Originally Posted by JimmyTheJock
Since she has flown in BA's F & J cabins I await her return to find out how she found QF's product compared to those.
Does she hold any BA status off the back of those trips?
Old Feb 10, 2009, 1:14 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
OP - your girlfriend is more lucky than I am. For the first year of me as a SG and WP, I did not get a single op-op, although I did get a few last year.

Saying that, my mother who is not even a member of any FF programme gets more op-ups (including on QF but almost any random airline) than I do as a QF WP. She gets op-uped at least one sector on every international return she books. While I'm glad she gets to travel in comfort, it's bordering on annoying that she gets op-uped far, far more than I do. I have no idea how she does it, and neither does she (she never asks, she never does anything out of the ordinary)
Old Feb 19, 2009, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by justin_krusty
Does she hold any BA status off the back of those trips?
No...she has no BA status...still lowly Blue in the BAEC...and has only ever used her BA AmEx 2:4:1 vouchers and the miles she has gained through 3rd-party promotions such as Tesco Clubcard etc...she has rarely ever flown a fully paid for flight and certainly not in the past 2 - 3 years until this one!

Must be something in the genes...I myself had an op-up to F on BA earlier this week when travelling back from DEL on a ticket which was booked into T and MFU'ed to J....although I at least have a moderately shiny BA card.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 8:07 pm

I've winged on here before about this. My g/f has had TWO op-ups on QF in the past 2 years out of about 5 flights. Both domestic but still. I was platinum for several years and never got a single op-up out of Qantas. Both times she was upgraded at check-in by a male she "made conversation with". Pffft... us ugly blokes don't stand a chance against pretty women
Old Feb 19, 2009, 8:11 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Originally Posted by MilesDependent
Pffft... us ugly blokes don't stand a chance against pretty women
Looks like you stood a chance with a pretty woman, tho'
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by willyroo
Looks like you stood a chance with a pretty woman, tho'
Well picked up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.