Wiki Posts
Search

JNB-SYD QF metal SA flight number ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2009, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ , QF , MK
JNB-SYD QF metal SA flight number ?

I tried searching for a thread and I also referred to the QF website but could not find the info I need .

If flying in SA Z class on the QF operated SYD-JNB flight can I earn QF miles?

my suspicion is that the answer is "No" but would like confirmation .

apologies if the answer for this is somewhere obvious and I have overlooked it
Old Jan 30, 2009, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The information is at http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/...m/terms#jump26

I cannot see SA listed as a valid mileage earning partner

Dave
Old Jan 30, 2009, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The information is at http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/...m/terms#jump26

I cannot see SA listed as a valid mileage earning partner

Dave
thanks Dave , I did check that , but I know that some airlines FF programmes are based on the flight number of the operating carrier rather than the ticketed flight number of the codeshare partner - so I guess my question is probably better phrased " does QF base mileage earning on the ticketed carrier or on the operating carrier ? "
Old Jan 30, 2009, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kiwiandrew
....does QF base mileage earning on the ticketed carrier or on the operating carrier ? "
ticketed carrier
Note the exception for partner airilines: Excluded: Points are not earned on Codeshare Flights operated by an airline other than Qantas.

Eligible flights
9.3.1 Subject to clauses 9.3.2 and 9.4, Points for air travel may be earned only for paid travel (excluding for the avoidance of doubt any Award Flight) on regular scheduled flights where a Qantas flight number (or the flight number of any oneworld Alliance Airline or Airline Partner not excluded under clause 9.4) is entered on the itinerary ('Eligible Flight').
Old Jan 30, 2009, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
ticketed carrier
Note the exception for partner airilines: Excluded: Points are not earned on Codeshare Flights operated by an airline other than Qantas.

Eligible flights
9.3.1 Subject to clauses 9.3.2 and 9.4, Points for air travel may be earned only for paid travel (excluding for the avoidance of doubt any Award Flight) on regular scheduled flights where a Qantas flight number (or the flight number of any oneworld Alliance Airline or Airline Partner not excluded under clause 9.4) is entered on the itinerary ('Eligible Flight').
thanks for that Mwenenzi , what I expected , but obviously not what I wanted as my two main memberships are NZ ( cant earn points because it is not SA metal ) and QF ( can't earn points because it is not QF flight number ) may have to join SA voyager since I will be living in Mauritius soon and it seems a shame to get nothing for a sector like SYD-JNB in business

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.