Qantas Heathrow Move

Old Feb 11, 09, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by number_6 View Post
BA Golds cannot get into the QF F lounge when not flying OW, and WPs cannot get into the BA J lounge. Whereas both would get in if the F/J lounge split were reversed! What a coincidence. How many hours went into this decision?
But BA Golds, when not flying OW, wouldn't get BA F lounge access either. This proposed approach actually works better for BA Golds, as we can only access J lounges when flying non-OW, and in that situation it has to be BA lounge, as is it will be at T3.
Old Feb 12, 09, 6:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dan72 View Post
But BA Golds, when not flying OW, wouldn't get BA F lounge access either. This proposed approach actually works better for BA Golds, as we can only access J lounges when flying non-OW, and in that situation it has to be BA lounge, as is it will be at T3.
Given that T3 will soon be almost only a OW terminal (with perhaps the exception of VS who I did think were at one stage moving to T4), isn't this going to be a moot point?
Old Feb 12, 09, 6:42 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
Originally Posted by Traveloguy View Post
Given that T3 will soon be almost only a OW terminal (with perhaps the exception of VS who I did think were at one stage moving to T4), isn't this going to be a moot point?
SQ is also staying in T3 for a few more years. Not sure about the other airlines (eg Air India, Thai, etc).
Old Feb 13, 09, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer View Post
SQ is also staying in T3 for a few more years. Not sure about the other airlines (eg Air India, Thai, etc).
I think D day/year is 2011 for SQ and the few other carriers in T3 to move to their new homes.

For what I remember, LHR will move into the following config:

T1 - Star Alliance (T1 will turn into Heathrow East after T2 is levelled and T1 in turn extended)
T3 - OneWorld
T4 - SkyTeam + unaligned carriers
T5 - BA (and at some stage when the new piers are complete perhaps QF)
Old Feb 13, 09, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia View Post
As far as I know, you cannot access the T5 departure lounge if you are flying out of T4, even if you are flying into T5.
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
You cannot use the Concorde Room since you are not departing from Terminal 5; you need to use the lounge in the terminal from which you are departing
In previous years, many T2 IB flyers were crossing over to T1 to use the infinitely better BA lounge. Whilst I am sure you might be right, I will still give it a try as I have absolutely nothing to loose. If I can get back into T5 departures and the CCR won't let me in, I can always try to get myself into even the First Galleries, it will be infinitely better than the old Gate 1 lounge.

At the end of the day, I realise I will most likely be turned away, so I certainly won't be going in with any DYKWIA attitudes.
Old Feb 13, 09, 10:45 pm

No. Many of the remaining carriers, including SQ, are not moving out of T3 until Heathrow East opens. As they haven't started knocking T2 down to make way for Heathrow East, I don't see that it will be moot for some time.
Old Feb 15, 09, 5:32 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
In previous years, many T2 IB flyers were crossing over to T1 to use the infinitely better BA lounge. Whilst I am sure you might be right, I will still give it a try as I have absolutely nothing to loose. If I can get back into T5 departures and the CCR won't let me in, I can always try to get myself into even the First Galleries, it will be infinitely better than the old Gate 1 lounge.

At the end of the day, I realise I will most likely be turned away, so I certainly won't be going in with any DYKWIA attitudes.
You'll not get access, alas.

LHR employees have this stupid rule beaten into their heads now, thanks to the feckless BAA goons.
Old Feb 16, 09, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Dan72 View Post
No. Many of the remaining carriers, including SQ, are not moving out of T3 until Heathrow East opens. As they haven't started knocking T2 down to make way for Heathrow East, I don't see that it will be moot for some time.
Yes - 2012 is actually when Heathrow East is meant to be ready (i.e. T1 + new section which of course is when SQ etc move.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/porta...0357e120a____/