FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Qantas FF Ticket - Name Change (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/901332-qantas-ff-ticket-name-change.html)

AndDee Dec 20, 2008 5:15 am

Qantas FF Ticket - Name Change

I have a business class FF ticket booked in February and I need to change the name on it.

I know the rules say no name changes, but rules that also say x,xxx points are required to change dates are not always followed ;)

Also, when I have changed dates before, the previous dates seats instantly become available, yet when I cancel a booking the seats are not available for re-booking instantly.

Any thought on how to change a name and still get the same seat in J ?

perthite Dec 20, 2008 5:22 am

I got the impression from 14.7.3 that name changes were permitted on classic awards. Not that I have tried myself.

14.7.3 Subject to 14.7.7, the following changes are permitted to a Classic Award after ticketing (or booking in the case of Jetstar Asia (3K) or Valuair (VF)) and prior to commencement of travel, but will require ticket reissue (or new Itinerary confirmation in the case of Jetstar Asia (3K) or Valuair (VF)) and will incur a Change Fee from (see the Fee Schedule) per passenger:
(a) change to name (on Qantas operated and marketed tickets only, this means only tickets with a 'QF' airline code for flights operated by Qantas);

AndDee Dec 20, 2008 5:34 am

Hmm it does look like it is possible, I was reading 14.7.4 Subject to 14.7.5, changes to flight number or date of travel, without changing:
(a) name;

I'll just ring them... :p

RTW4 Dec 20, 2008 6:11 am

I just changed the name on a classic award ticket.. I had to talk to a supervisor but it was worth it.. Be persistant.. also I am QF plat so it possibly was easier....

AndDee Dec 20, 2008 6:22 am

So your initial request was declined ?

I will push the T&C's which seem to state that a "change to name" is allowed

Yeh I am not Plat :(
Just a Gold :(

Lonely Flyer Dec 20, 2008 2:09 pm

In todays age of "e tickets" it should be a no brainer. Charge a fee, points or dollars . More income for doing very little.

markis10 Dec 20, 2008 5:21 pm

Its a 2500 point fee.

AndDee Dec 20, 2008 5:53 pm

Done for 2500 points, only on hold for 20 mins :)

Thanks

Aus_Mal Dec 20, 2008 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by RTW4 (Post 10938549)
I just changed the name on a classic award ticket.. I had to talk to a supervisor but it was worth it..

I assume the first staffer you spoke to was just inexperienced or didn't have a clue.

Discobay Dec 25, 2008 8:23 pm

Hi all, first post ... can you use points for a date change as the conditions on the ticket only specify a monetary charge?

serfty Dec 26, 2008 4:53 am

A QFF award flight booking has a "change" fee which can be 2½K QFF points.