Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
With the links in post 1 (from 2008) now being redundant due to aircraft changes and QF software changes the wiki has been established. Please add relevant information.

Qantas web site --->Seat maps
Click the aircraft type and download the seat map pdf
And Aerolopa QF 3rd party site a by FTer

A380
14 First, 64 Business, 35 Premium Economy and 371 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)
14 First, 70 Business, 60 Premium Economy and 341 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)

B787
42 Business, 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats. View the Boeing 787-9 seat map (PDF)

A330
28 Business and 269 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-300 seat map (PDF)
28 Business and 243 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)
27 Business and 224 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)

B737
12 Business and 162 Economy seats View the Boeing 737-800 seat map (PDF).

B717
12 Business and 98 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 1 (PDF)
125 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 2 (PDF)

A320
Two types of A320-200 aircraft configuration in operation. Both configurations have 180 Economy seats.
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 1 (PDF)
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 2 (PDF)

E190
10 Business and 84 Economy seats. View the Alliance Embraer E190-100 seat map (PDF).

F100
Operated by Network Aviation - a Qantas group airline. 100 Economy seats
View the Fokker 100 (A series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (G series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (T series) seat map (PDF)

Dash 8
36 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (200 Series) seat map (PDF)
50 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (300 Series) seat map (PDF)
74 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (Q400 Series) seat map (PDF)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aerlopa https://www.aerolopa.com
Written by a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
A380 gallery
B787 gallery
A330 gallery
B737 gallery
QantasLink gallery
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide

Old Jun 25, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: United mileage plus, qantas frequent flyer silver
Can anyone see how full QF 23 is on 6th July & QF24 on 16th July? especially in Y....
Old Jun 25, 2014, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by gezza48
Can anyone see how full QF 23 is on 6th July & QF24 on 16th July? especially in Y....
Chockers, especially the return!
Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Flight Availability Search
Departing SYD on 06/07/14 12:00 AM for BKK, Returning on 16/07/14 12:00 AM, Flying QF  
                                                                     Frequency
Flight        Stops  Depart             Arrive             Aircraft  Reliability     

QF 23         0      SYD                BKK                333       Unavailable     
                     06/07/14 9:45 AM   06/07/14 4:35 PM             48% / 25m
J9 C3 D1 I0 Y9 B9 H9 K0 M0 L0 G0 E0 
QF 24         0      BKK                SYD                333       Unavailable     
                     16/07/14 6:25 PM   17/07/14 6:45 AM             80% / 22m
J3 C2 D0 I0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 G0 E0
Note that it is possible to check loadings yourself (for free)!

There is a complimentary/free service/facility available using "FLIGHTSTATS".

The URL is here: Flight Availability By Route. Click on click the 's beside each flight option to get fare bucket availability. (Note that Flightstats does not always categorise a fare bucket in it's correct class - this varies with the airline)

Last edited by serfty; Jun 25, 2014 at 6:48 pm
Old Jun 25, 2014, 7:08 pm

Programs: United mileage plus, qantas frequent flyer silver
seating QF 23/24

Thanks Serfty, means I might put an up-grade request for J in especially the over night return flight even though it is a long shot...
Old Jul 4, 2014, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
1st QF flight on the 388 in Y - please advise

The two of us will (hopefully) be on flight QF94 LAX-MEL on 24/12/14 in Y on the 388.
Neither of us is elite in OW, but I read that seats could possibly be pre-selected (without guarantee) this far out ?
Can this be done by tweet (Twitter) or does it it need to be done by phone ?
I tweeted the request, but received no response
And should we aim for 80 A and 80 K ?
Many Thanks !
Old Jul 5, 2014, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Use this: www.qantas.com/yourbooking to review your flight details.

Without status it will cost from $25 each to select a seat.

At this stage I doubt 80A or 80K would be available - they are normally snapped up eleven months or more out ...
Old Jul 6, 2014, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by serfty
Use this: www.qantas.com/yourbooking to review your flight details.

Without status it will cost from $25 each to select a seat.

At this stage I doubt 80A or 80K would be available - they are normally snapped up eleven months or more out ...
Thanks so much for your response.
In the meantime I was able to select seats for all consecutive QF flights thru AA's agent and scored 80A & 80K on the 388
I sure hope we are able to keep them !
Old Jul 7, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: AOPA
Does anyone know if qantas block seats from selection? I Only see two seats available for my flight and class.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by teddy25
Does anyone know if qantas block seats from selection? I Only see two seats available for my flight and class.
They do.

Seats are generally blocked dependent on status.

80 hours before departure, these seats will generally unblock allowing a greater choice. If you don't hold status, a fee of $25 may be applicable.

At 24 hours before departure all remaining seats will generally be available for on-line check-in (and free of charge).
Old Jul 7, 2014, 9:17 pm

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
They do.

Seats are generally blocked dependent on status.

80 hours before departure, these seats will generally unblock allowing a greater choice. If you don't hold status, a fee of $25 may be applicable.

At 24 hours before departure all remaining seats will generally be available for on-line check-in (and free of charge).
Thanks, just called and moved from the upper deck of 744 with mk1 seats to row3 old first seats(Was blocked). With no status on an aa explore award ticket.

Hope no more eq changes.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:49 am

Is it allowed to temporarily switch seats between classes?

My sister, her son and I will be flying on the same plane from LAX to SYD (A380). I'll be in 1st, and they'll be in economy. Since this is a very long flight (16 hours), I was thinking I'd give my sister a break for a few hours and I'd sit with my nephew, while she takes my seat in 1st. How possible is that on Qantas?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by magnitude
My sister, her son and I will be flying on the same plane from LAX to SYD (A380). I'll be in 1st, and they'll be in economy. Since this is a very long flight (16 hours), I was thinking I'd give my sister a break for a few hours and I'd sit with my nephew, while she takes my seat in 1st. How possible is that on Qantas?
Pretty unlikely on most airlines I travel with regularly but I'll defer to people with more specific experience on Qantas.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by magnitude
you will need to discuss this with the cabin crew. I know some people have had success in swapping seats, but it is at crew discretion. They may say no.

They may also put other limitations on the swap - for example, one time swap only. So you may take the seat in economy and not get the chance to move back.

No harm in asking the crew on the day how they can accommodate your wises, but there is no guarantee, and no 'right' (in the terms and conditions or anything) to swap once the plane leaves the gate.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:28 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
you will need to discuss this with the cabin crew. I know some people have had success in swapping seats, but it is at crew discretion. They may say no.

They may also put other limitations on the swap - for example, one time swap only. So you may take the seat in economy and not get the chance to move back.

No harm in asking the crew on the day how they can accommodate your wises, but there is no guarantee, and no 'right' (in the terms and conditions or anything) to swap once the plane leaves the gate.
It will also probably help you if the first cabin is relatively quiet. Do you know the loadings for that flight?

PS. I loved that flight on the A380. It's the longest single sector I've ever flown and to do it on that aircraft in J in a quiet cabin was fabulous.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:44 pm

Yep makes sense. No harm in asking as you said. Worst thing they'd say is no

I'm curious about the possibility of one time only swap limitation. I wonder what that would accomplish. I would think that if they're ok with swapping, they'd pretty much be ok with no limitations, unless 1st class has on-demand food service, in which case the limitation would make sense to avoid duplicate service etc. In the end though, I'd be happy even with the limitation to accommodate such an unusual request. I'll just stay in 1st for 12 hours, then swap with my sister in the last 4
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
It will also probably help you if the first cabin is relatively quiet. Do you know the loadings for that flight?

PS. I loved that flight on the A380. It's the longest single sector I've ever flown and to do it on that aircraft in J in a quiet cabin was fabulous.
I checked both Qantas site and ExpertFlyer and they both show that only 5 seats are booked out of the 14 (including mine). But of course that could change in the next two weeks. I'm so looking forward to this flight. It's my 1st time on 1st, and for it to be on a long flight is major icing on the cake in terms of enjoying it to the max

Last edited by magnitude; Jul 24, 2014 at 5:55 pm Reason: wrong available seat number

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.