Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
With the links in post 1 (from 2008) now being redundant due to aircraft changes and QF software changes the wiki has been established. Please add relevant information.

Qantas web site --->Seat maps
Click the aircraft type and download the seat map pdf
And Aerolopa QF 3rd party site a by FTer

A380
14 First, 64 Business, 35 Premium Economy and 371 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)
14 First, 70 Business, 60 Premium Economy and 341 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)

B787
42 Business, 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats. View the Boeing 787-9 seat map (PDF)

A330
28 Business and 269 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-300 seat map (PDF)
28 Business and 243 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)
27 Business and 224 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)

B737
12 Business and 162 Economy seats View the Boeing 737-800 seat map (PDF).

B717
12 Business and 98 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 1 (PDF)
125 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 2 (PDF)

A320
Two types of A320-200 aircraft configuration in operation. Both configurations have 180 Economy seats.
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 1 (PDF)
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 2 (PDF)

E190
10 Business and 84 Economy seats. View the Alliance Embraer E190-100 seat map (PDF).

F100
Operated by Network Aviation - a Qantas group airline. 100 Economy seats
View the Fokker 100 (A series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (G series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (T series) seat map (PDF)

Dash 8
36 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (200 Series) seat map (PDF)
50 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (300 Series) seat map (PDF)
74 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (Q400 Series) seat map (PDF)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aerlopa https://www.aerolopa.com
Written by a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
A380 gallery
B787 gallery
A330 gallery
B737 gallery
QantasLink gallery
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide

Old Sep 19, 2012, 6:37 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Question VH-OJS VH-OJU - Economy Bulk Head seat

On the 747 58/36/270 config in Economy, seats 60H, J and K are bulk head seats. Are there any reasons to avoid these seats over standard economy seats?

Edit: Found one comment here about these seats: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...ead-seats.html

Last edited by dddc; Sep 20, 2012 at 6:34 am
Old Oct 6, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: QF WP, LTG
Originally Posted by serfty
5B may be more exposed if boarding from L1, 5J should be fine.

See these posts with photo's thread from AFF:

New 3 class 747 layout - QF7/8/15/16/107/108 #155

New 3 class 747 layout - QF7/8/15/16/107/108 #179
Thought I would provide a follow up post re: my experience of 5J.

In summary: a darn good seat for a solo traveller. The windows are close enough to see out of without effort, the storage bin was perfect for my bag, and having no neighbour is peaceful. I wouldn't hesitate in taking 5B however; entry is from the door at the rear of the J cabin so there won't be boarding foot traffic in either seat.

For a couple I'd definitely take the A cabin, which has a much better atmosphere than they main J deck.

The recognfigured 747 leaves a little bit to be desire though. Firstly, to my eye, it looks ugly and nothing seems to fit well together. Sure, this doesn't have a pratical implication but it did give me a shoddy impression of the fit out. Admittedly, seat in 5B/J is likely to give the worst impression with a view into the A cabin and of the assorted safety gear on the wall directly in front, but even the carpet is kind of jigsawed together. Scuff marks etc of course, but I guess that is to be expected.

Additionally, (and note I didn't really buy into the complaints on this forum when the reduced number of toilets was discussed), but toilet access actually was annoying; even on this relatively short flight when most people were sleeping it was an issue. And, on this sector pax aren't issued pyjamas so it wasn't related to ppl changing.

Whilst I did enjoy the MkII skybed, overall I was disappointed with the reconfigured 747.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by TheInvisibleHand
Thought I would provide a follow up post re: my experience of 5J.
Whilst I did enjoy the MkII skybed, overall I was disappointed with the reconfigured 747.
Thanks for the follow up - the more information the better.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 9:28 pm

How's Seat 1A on the A380? Flying First Class for the first time next month into HKG!

I can select any other seat in the cabin except for 2A and 3A. From my understanding any seat on the 'A' side is better as it is 5 seats to the aisle, as opposed to 9 on the other aisle. But 1A might be too close to the bathrooms

Or is First good no matter what seat, and I should stick with 1A so I can finally own a boarding pass that says 1A on it? (yes, the arrogance factor coming into play here).
Old Oct 9, 2012, 11:57 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
1A is a fine seat (when it works). Took QF127 and the seat got stuck. Was rather embarrassing watching the FAs try to manual manoeuvre it. A QF staff member was moved so that I could take 1K (I appreciated, but I didn't need the FA to tell me they were staff and give me a whole story).

I didn't find it was close to the bathrooms, and is very private. The only thing is on the quiet A380, you can hear the crew who congregate at the base of the stairs.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
1A is a fine seat (when it works). Took QF127 and the seat got stuck. Was rather embarrassing watching the FAs try to manual manoeuvre it. A QF staff member was moved so that I could take 1K (I appreciated, but I didn't need the FA to tell me they were staff and give me a whole story).

I didn't find it was close to the bathrooms, and is very private. The only thing is on the quiet A380, you can hear the crew who congregate at the base of the stairs.
Thanks for that
Old Nov 9, 2012, 4:42 pm

I have only just found this Forum and would appreciate some advice please.

My wife and I are in our mid 70's and are planning a flight from Brisbane to Los Angeles in March\April 2013. We will be flying in a Qantas 747 Longreach.

Can anyone tell me authoritatively...does this aircraft have the 180 degree "lie flat" seat\bed in Business Class....or is it the ""lie flat tilt bed"?

Thanks....\\
Old Nov 10, 2012, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
question on seat allocation... (please feel free to move if I got this in the wrong thread...)

QFFF silver. Flying MEL-SYD in May. Paid by bpay. Options for seating are only the last 10 rows or so of the 767.

Earlier bookings in november (this year) and April next year, same status, but paid by credit card.... allowed to book seats further forward including the exit rows.

Am I penalised for bpay? All the exits on the May flight are greyed out, which seems strange.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 5:25 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
question on seat allocation... (please feel free to move if I got this in the wrong thread...)

QFFF silver. Flying MEL-SYD in May. Paid by bpay. Options for seating are only the last 10 rows or so of the 767.

Earlier bookings in november (this year) and April next year, same status, but paid by credit card.... allowed to book seats further forward including the exit rows.

Am I penalised for bpay? All the exits on the May flight are greyed out, which seems strange.
I very much doubt there is any difference with payment method. Seating availability is based on many factors. As you have noted, status is the same for both flights, so that is not the key factor here. The expected load factor and expected passenger status mix will come into play. So for a week-day morning or evening departure that is likely to fill later with high-status members, QF will block out the front rows for those higher status members. A middle-of-the-day or weekend flight is less likely to fill late with high-status members so a Silver member may be presented more forward rows.

Exit rows on domestic flights do not appear to be blocked/reserved for high-status members, so are often available for selection by Silver members.

Another factor for seat selection can be the actual fare class paid. The exact formula used to determine seat availability is not published so we are all guessing and basing assumptions on personal experiences and what we have head on forums such as this.

As always, check again regularly and especially at T-80 and closer to the departure date as the options available to you are very likely to change.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NM
I very much doubt there is any difference with payment method. Seating availability is based on many factors. As you have noted, status is the same for both flights, so that is not the key factor here. The expected load factor and expected passenger status mix will come into play. So for a week-day morning or evening departure that is likely to fill later with high-status members, QF will block out the front rows for those higher status members. A middle-of-the-day or weekend flight is less likely to fill late with high-status members so a Silver member may be presented more forward rows.

Exit rows on domestic flights do not appear to be blocked/reserved for high-status members, so are often available for selection by Silver members.

Another factor for seat selection can be the actual fare class paid. The exact formula used to determine seat availability is not published so we are all guessing and basing assumptions on personal experiences and what we have head on forums such as this.

As always, check again regularly and especially at T-80 and closer to the departure date as the options available to you are very likely to change.
sorry - I should have stated - ALL factors are the same! Same fare, same early morning departure, same route, same day of the week (well, Tuesday and Thursday), same aircraft (and on two of the three flights same 767 configuration, the other one is slightly different). Can choose exit rows on booking paid by credit card. Can't with the one paid by bpay!
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:06 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
sorry - I should have stated - ALL factors are the same! Same fare, same early morning departure, same route, same day of the week (well, Tuesday and Thursday), same aircraft (and on two of the three flights same 767 configuration, the other one is slightly different). Can choose exit rows on booking paid by credit card. Can't with the one paid by bpay!
Ahh the anomalies of the QF seat reservation algorithm. This is the first I have read of any speculation of payment method being a contributing factor. But as I noted previously, the algorithm is not published and we can only speculate based on personal experience. Keep watching especially in the few days before departure.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Question about seat configuration on QF107

As far as I can see this is a 744 longreach 2 class service (SYD-LAX). My wife and I are on this flight on 9th Jan 2013.

It's not supposed to have an F section but the seat map on Qantas MMB and on KVS shows only 2 seats in row 1 (A and K) so I've booked them for us. However, according to Seatguru and the guide at the start of this thread it should have 1AB and 1JK.

This is the seat map from Qantas MMB:

This is the seat map from the post at the start of this thread.

I'm guessing that the information from Qantas MMB and KVS will be more accurate but are these actually J seats? It all seems somewhat confusing to me.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by golfmad
As far as I can see this is a 744 longreach 2 class service (SYD-LAX). My wife and I are on this flight on 9th Jan 2013.

It's not supposed to have an F section but the seat map on Qantas MMB and on KVS shows only 2 seats in row 1 (A and K) so I've booked them for us. However, according to Seatguru and the guide at the start of this thread it should have 1AB and 1JK.

I'm guessing that the information from Qantas MMB and KVS will be more accurate but are these actually J seats? It all seems somewhat confusing to me.
looks like they are using a 4 class aircraft for 3 class service. They will roll certain sections of the aircraft forward. So some biz class pax get to use the F class cabin etc etc. If you are in biz select a seat in First! The seats are flat rather than angled. The lucky people are those in premium economy, a few of them get a business class bed! (with premium economy service - but still nice)
Old Nov 12, 2012, 5:30 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
looks like they are using a 4 class aircraft for 3 class service. They will roll certain sections of the aircraft forward. So some biz class pax get to use the F class cabin etc etc. If you are in biz select a seat in First! The seats are flat rather than angled. The lucky people are those in premium economy, a few of them get a business class bed! (with premium economy service - but still nice)
Thanks. That explains it. We've gone for 1A and 1K. After two and a half weeks together perhaps a little separation across the aisle will be a good thing
Old Nov 12, 2012, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by golfmad
Thanks. That explains it. We've gone for 1A and 1K. After two and a half weeks together perhaps a little separation across the aisle will be a good thing
1A and K are perfect. Being right at the front of the cabin its very quiet, you get served first, and the rest of the plane might as well not exist - you can't see or hear anything!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.