Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Has QANTAS ever done a 2for1 before?? They are now

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has QANTAS ever done a 2for1 before?? They are now

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2008, 5:20 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
As far as I can work out, A380 availability in F is zero'd out at the promotional fare - anyone know differently?
Old Nov 16, 2008, 7:54 am

Programs: QF FF, Miles and More; SPG.
Thanks for the tips all. Going through FRA seems to bring the price down to about Ł600 pound each. A little better but certainly not '2 for 1' which is a shame.

I need to make a call on this obviously. Just wish I could bring up a spread of pricing to see what the best date would be. Apparently it is being offered through the BA website as well but i have had trouble spotting it.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 10:08 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
LHRHKGSYDCBRSYDSINLHR in F on longer segments, all for GBP 2,944 ea. Chose BA for the LHRHKG seg as T4 will likely be a drag and no guarantee that QF flights will have moved to T3 by then. At least Concorde Room at T5, whatever the shortfallings of BA' s hard product. Expect more of these offers as the economy bites further.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 11:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, ExecutiveClub
Originally Posted by larrylaffer
Thanks for the tips all. Going through FRA seems to bring the price down to about £600 pound each. A little better but certainly not '2 for 1' which is a shame.

I need to make a call on this obviously. Just wish I could bring up a spread of pricing to see what the best date would be. Apparently it is being offered through the BA website as well but i have had trouble spotting it.
You should be able to use the "flexible by dates" option that should give you a range of dates with pricing that will probably help you see where the best deals are. Looks like you can move forward/backwards and look at the different dates.

Last edited by dml333; Nov 16, 2008 at 12:03 pm
Old Nov 16, 2008, 3:13 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Originally Posted by virtualtroy
As far as I can work out, A380 availability in F is zero'd out at the promotional fare - anyone know differently?
Correct - all 0'd out. Thought about booking F, but then, I think I will pass unless I can get onto the A380
Old Nov 16, 2008, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM (not for long)
Just got 3 LAX-BNE returns for US$1077 each!
Old Nov 16, 2008, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA gold
I'm planning to book 2 J tickets tommorrow for LHR-SYD-LHR tommorrow.

I want to travel via SIN and wanted to try and book either the outbound on the A380 if possible.

I'll book them from ba.com as it's better for my miles but on ba.com it's not clear if the A380 is availible to me, can anyone tell me the flight numbers and departure times/days for the A380 flight?

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 16, 2008, 4:23 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
QF31 and QF32 are the flight numbers.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
QF31 and QF32 are the flight numbers.
I see a BA7372 leaving LHR at 12.15 but no 32, is this the A380?
Old Nov 16, 2008, 5:52 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by jimcleaver
I see a BA7372 leaving LHR at 12.15 but no 32, is this the A380?
Maybe, depends which timezone you're in.

QF32 actually departs at 11:15am. Try looking at the Timetable on the QF website - this not only shows the times that flights depart LHR - it also shows which of those QF32 flights are currently scheduled to be A380 services. (Click on the red triangle to display flight details).

BD
Old Nov 16, 2008, 8:17 pm

thanks for your help BD and kiwiflyer,

After checking of timetables i've found Qantas.com shows 2 departures from LHR-SIN daily, 12.15 & 22.05. BA.com matches this for times but not for flight numbers so can only assume they are one and the same.

The Qantas.com timetables show it as everyday a 747 but i suppose they refer to current flights.

I did some dummy bookings for my dates on Qantas.com in april and found the A380 flights are leaving LHR at 12.15 every other day so regardless of what BA calls the flight i believe i've found the big boy.

Jim
Old Nov 16, 2008, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I was looking for fares for SWMBO and I to London, we could easily get the ex MEL AUD3035 for two.

But these were through booking with no stopovers - they book into O class so there's QFF no point upgrades available. (We decided several years ago to avoid Oz/Europe in WHY without at least a day stopover.)

However, by using the Multi booking I was able to get stopovers in HKG each way for another ~$150 each (~AUD3380 total).
Old Nov 16, 2008, 11:23 pm

Sale's been extended until Wednesday.

Just enough time for anyone to top up the credit card before splurging.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 4:58 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by futaris
Use americanexpress.com.au/travel to see what booking code these are in.

Most of the long haul fares seem to be in O class.

Available ex:

Australia
Johannesburg - JNB
London - LHR
New Zealand
Singapore

Seems to cover most of QANTAS's regions except North America and Japan...
I saw LAX and JFK advertised

London deal looks good in J

From OS the prices are very good obviously loads to AU are not as high as needed
Old Nov 18, 2008, 2:05 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by BD1959
Maybe, depends which timezone you're in.

QF32 actually departs at 11:15am. Try looking at the Timetable on the QF website - this not only shows the times that flights depart LHR - it also shows which of those QF32 flights are currently scheduled to be A380 services. (Click on the red triangle to display flight details).

BD
My confimation for a flight in Feb shows the aircraft type as UNKNOWN which apparently means it's on an A380:

xxx, February xx, 2009.....Qantas Airways QF32 on a UNKNOWN........Confirmed
........1115....Depart .Heathrow, London United Kingdom.Business
........ ....... .......Terminal 4......1 Stop

Disappointingly, also shows the departure terminal as T4 still.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.