Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Status credits for flights not flown?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2008, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Hello hello! I'm hoping the experts might be able to help me with a quick status credits question? I had a domestic flight that I missed recently; I didn't check in at all because I literally completely forgot about it (my bad). But it appears that I have received status credits for both flights from Brisbane to Sydney and back again. I thought if you didn't check in for the flight (and actually take the flight) you didn't receive the status credits?

If you don't actually have to fly I might actually make gold again this year. I didn't think I was going to have time to fit in any more time in the air before Christmas, but if I can just book a flight, not use it and still receive the status credits, that's fantastic! Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated
Old Nov 9, 2008, 1:38 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
You are not supposed to receive them if you did not fly, but they do sometimes post. I would not be relying on it to happen.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the speedy reply perthite. I thought this might have been a fluke. What a shame! Oh well, looks like I'm just going to have to do a couple of Saturday return flights to Europe before the end of the year
Old Nov 10, 2008, 12:42 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
I wonder if someone with the same surname as the OP did fly the route and checked in manually with an agent that pulled up the wrong booking. Hence someone may have flown the ticket??
Old Nov 10, 2008, 4:27 am
Original Poster

It would be good if somebody used the flight even if it wasn't me NM!
Old Nov 11, 2008, 3:15 am

I had 2 QF codeshare flights operated by an American carrier (let's not be too specific) which were cancelled a few months before departure, yet they showed up in my activity. Points and SCs. I never said anything and they never figured it out - this was last year.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 4:08 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, Velocity Gold, Etihad Gold, Hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by MilesDependent
I had 2 QF codeshare flights operated by an American carrier (let's not be too specific) which were cancelled a few months before departure, yet they showed up in my activity.
I had something similar happen. I was booked YYZ-ORD-CDG, with YYZ-ORD booked as a QF codeshare. AA cancelled the YYZ-ORD flight and rerouted me through JFK... but I still got the points and SC for the YYZ-ORD (as well as for the YYZ-JFK flight).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.